RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Alloy Wheel Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mdiliev

United Kingdom 
Alloy Wheel Insurance

Has anyone insured diamond cut 21" split wheels and can you recommend an insurer? Cannot find any...

Post #512591 Mon Dec 19 2016 10:40am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

We have a forum brokers in member Kam100 and also A-Plan Insurance - have you tried either of them? Otherwise ask your friendly local LR dealership. Diamond cut can be hard to insure as they invariably cannot be re-furbed after kerbing. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #512593 Mon Dec 19 2016 10:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mdiliev

United Kingdom 

Hi, I have tried a few other insurers but not A-Plan, I will call them. Will also PM KAM100, thank you

Post #512597 Mon Dec 19 2016 12:09pm
mdiliev

United Kingdom 

But as you say diamond wheels cannot be refurb after kerbing- how do they then get them fixed?

Post #512598 Mon Dec 19 2016 12:10pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I have 21" diamond cut wheels and can confirm they can be refurbed ( Big Cry ). They just cost more because they need diamond cutting on a machine afterwards and generally mobile smart repairers can't do that part of the job. I took out tyre and wheel insurance through the dealer when buying the car. Again, insuring them costs more due to the above. I negotiated hard on price to make it worthwhile. Insurer is Premia Solutions but I don't know if you can buy directly from them or through a dealer only. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #512618 Mon Dec 19 2016 5:23pm
mdiliev

United Kingdom 

Thank you for your comment, fkarim. The dealer offered the insurance for £599 which I feel is very expensive.
I went to your insurer web site and it states that "Wheels of chrome finish or split
rim construction" are excluded. We have 21'' 5 split spoke style 507 Diamond turned wheels. It seems we won't be covered... May I ask what wheels are yours and have you claimed?

I have asked the dealer for a policy wording just to make sure that, should we decided to go for it we will be definitely covered...

Post #512619 Mon Dec 19 2016 5:30pm
HemoRRS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Well your wheels aren't split rim or chrome. Split rim and split spoke are two different things. I believe split rim refers to two piece wheels.

Post #512622 Mon Dec 19 2016 6:07pm
mdiliev

United Kingdom 

Oh, I see. I will check with the company you mentioned above tomorrow:)

Post #512623 Mon Dec 19 2016 6:11pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I have the same wheels as you mdiliev. These: http://accessories.landrover.com/gl/en/ran...ed-finish/

Yes, I have claimed successfully more than once, no drama at all with Premia solutions (dealer only sold the policy and I deal directly with the insurance company). Kerbing is a part of life around here so I got insurance this time.

Is £599 alloys only or tyres as well? How long is the term of the policy? How many claims during the term or per year? What's the limit per claim? I paid £617 after a lot of haggling for wheels and tyres cover and was happy with that. Term is 3 years. 10 claims allowed for alloys and I think the same for tyres. Limit per tyre is £350 and per alloy repair is £150. If the alloy can't be repaired, they will contribute £150 towards a replacement. I asked the guys who refurb my alloys and they charge £90 to refurb, diamond cut, lacquer, polish and rebalance a wheel of this size. So I have already recovered £360 of that £617 premium and not even half way through the term. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #512630 Mon Dec 19 2016 6:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I too have had to claim for a new tyre after I found a slash on the inside side wall of a Continental 20" (I had driven over the edge of one of those big steel plates that the utility companies use to cover holes that they dig in the road but can't be ar*ed to finish off) Premia Solutions sent the claim form by email, asked for digital photos of the tyre to be attached to the returned form and a copy of the receipt for the new tyre. All done and dusted in a couple of hours with an email saying a cheque was in the post for the full cost of the tyre that afternoon. They covered 4 new tyres, 4 alloy wheel refurbishments and 1 or 2 new wheels (I cannot remember which) in the 5 years of the policy. The only thing I could fault them one was that I couldn't transfer the policy to my next car after 2.5 years. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #512647 Mon Dec 19 2016 11:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1