RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Delivery Dates
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

XUJG

Delivery Dates

I am an unhappy guy today.
Guy Salmon called today to say their allocation of the 07 RRS had been cut due to the V* Range Rover! This meand my order that I placed on July 1st and paid £1000 deposit is now in their December delivery allocation.
When I placed the order I was told they had allocation of 7 in the first batch of 07 models and so i chose to wait. I was told delivery would be November but more likely October.
I now feel I have been taken for a ride.
I have contacted two other dealers today both of whome could get me an 07 model for mid October delivery.
I am seriously thinking i should give one of them the order and get my deposit back.
Anyone else had similar experiences?

Post #48707 Sat Aug 12 2006 7:08pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I'd switch and demand your deposit back. BTW what GS dealer are you buying through? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #48708 Sat Aug 12 2006 7:13pm
XUJG

Maidstone Kent

Post #48711 Sat Aug 12 2006 7:18pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

And if they say they CAN't give you your deposit back.. tell them to give you your money back before you drive your current car through the f'ing window.. they always try this on, but THEY HAVE to give your deposit back..

I have realised that customers who generally show no mercy with car dealers and their staff usually get their own way.

After writing an abusive email to a service manager at harrogate audi and having direct action taken immediately, this week had another run in with another dealership (seems to be too much of a reoccurance to be honest)

I had our merc back to Merc Direct for the remedial work which hadn't been done before delivery (muppets), and the cheeky git driver rang me up and said, can you come and get it (had got a pickup and delivery service authorised by DP after direct complaint to CS) i told them no, im busy have appointments all afternoon, so tough..

he said well you won't get it back until monday morning then (this was thursday- and his tone of voice was not one i cared to hear) .. i don't know what happened, NEVER loose my cool normally, but i had this sudden feeling run up my spine, and my eyes burned and i just said to him, you WHAT? what the hell are you talking about.., its thursday you idiot! you leave this A class sitting in our carpark for more then the next 1/2 hour and we'll have it removed, then suddenly he said, sorry Mr. XX your car is ready i'll bring it back right now... cheeky fek, trying it on as they must have overbooked.. don't take any crap mate, vote with your feet, and move your cash to another dealer.

Post #48714 Sat Aug 12 2006 7:26pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

FYI

I placed my order in May and was told 07MY for late Sept / Early October, however orders couldn't be placed until June due to the 07MY vehicles not being available to order in the LR system. Due to unknown reasons, this was delayed again to July and then again so finally my order was placed officially in August. Delivery should still be October (maybe end of October now).

I get the feeling that LR dont make it easy for the dealers to give guarentees on delivery dates - I guess this is exagerated when people are waiting for a MY changeover too.

Kaine

Post #48717 Sat Aug 12 2006 8:29pm
XUJG

I agree but I placed my order at the end of June and decided to wait for the 07 model which was more expensive and so easier to be at the front of the cue.
I just feel now having my order and deposit it is easy for them to slip one in front of me if it means a new order.
I am not happy with Guy Salmon Aylesford Kent as I am not even convinced they would have told me had I not have called them.
I was an easy customer, walked in and paid my deposit having made my mid up before going to the dealer.
I am even thinking maybe I go for the new BM X5 ****** in the spring

Post #48718 Sat Aug 12 2006 9:02pm
anton

I ordered from Guy Salmon in Coventry on Friday and i was promised a late October early November Delivery.I best not be being lied to in order to get my order.

Post #48730 Sun Aug 13 2006 1:22pm
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Johngilham wrote:
I agree but I placed my order at the end of June and decided to wait for the 07 model which was more expensive and so easier to be at the front of the cue.
I just feel now having my order and deposit it is easy for them to slip one in front of me if it means a new order.
I am not happy with Guy Salmon Aylesford Kent as I am not even convinced they would have told me had I not have called them.
I was an easy customer, walked in and paid my deposit having made my mid up before going to the dealer.
I am even thinking maybe I go for the new BM X5 ****** in the spring

New X5 that's remind me by today phone call from BMW dealer which my father purches a car week ago..saying if you still not placeed your order come and plase it for new X5..he was trying to make a point that range rover sport is not that realable which I close that issue saying X5 is only all wheel drive and I'm looking for 4x4 with low ratio ect..then he was ok I get your point and good luck

Post #48757 Sun Aug 13 2006 4:26pm
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ordered mine for delivery 5 months later..........oh sorry! Didn’t you get our phone call saying it has been delayed for another 3 months.

Oh really, that’s not a problem I have another dealer that can supply on the month requested, give me my £1k deposit back, er now!

Let me phone you back.

Sorry about the confusion, your car will delivered as agreed, apologies there was a mix up with paperwork.

Right.......

Moral.......he/she who shouts loudest gets the car!

PS. All the participants in this factual story are portrayed by lying car salesmen.

Post #48891 Mon Aug 14 2006 2:18pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

RAD wrote:
Ordered mine for delivery 5 months later..........oh sorry! Didn’t you get our phone call saying it has been delayed for another 3 months.

Oh really, that’s not a problem I have another dealer that can supply on the month requested, give me my £1k deposit back, er now!

Let me phone you back.

Sorry about the confusion, your car will delivered as agreed, apologies there was a mix up with paperwork.

Right.......

Moral.......he/she who shouts loudest gets the car!

PS. All the participants in this factual story are portrayed by lying car salesmen.

HAHA.... superb.. but sadly how true..
Very Happy

Post #48927 Mon Aug 14 2006 4:55pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

RAD - so true. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #48931 Mon Aug 14 2006 5:02pm
XUJG

Another dealer has just told me I could have a black dash with Ivory interior or a 3.6 engine version hadnt been told that by Guy Salmon.
Anyone heard about the 3.6?

Post #49506 Fri Aug 18 2006 9:17am
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

That's news to me Confused RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #49509 Fri Aug 18 2006 9:24am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

3.6 = TDV8 L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #49513 Fri Aug 18 2006 9:29am
pers1

Norway 

I ordered my RR SPORT TDV6 HSE MY2007 13 July and gott delivery last week of November RR SPORT TDv6 HSE 2007
Buckingham Blue
Ebony Interior
American Straight Grained Walnut
Dynamic Pack HSE
Rear Diff.
20 inch Stormer alloys
Privacy Glass
Premium ICE Pack
Hybrid TV
Personal Telephone Integration system
Tow Pack
Brembo Front Brakes
Bi Xenon Adaptive Head Lights
ADDED on delivery
Grille – perforated with "Titan" finish in buckingham bllue
Twin oval tailpipe finishers
Stormer side vents with "Crome finish"

Post #50346 Mon Aug 21 2006 9:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>