Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Questions Regarding my 2014 (64) RRS HSE Dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

briandon

United Kingdom 
Questions Regarding my 2014 (64) RRS HSE Dynamic

Hi Guys,

My First Post here but hopefully you can answer a couple of questions I couldnt find on the forum.

1. My Car has done 24,000 miles and is due in Thursday for its second (Major) service. What would you expect this to cost as the dealer in Coventry has quoted me around £650. Seems alot considering I am sure they will find other things to charge me for at the same time. im no means technical so I couldnt get under the hood myself.

2. When I brake, there is a squeal (happens pretty much all the time). Does this indicate a problem with the brakes or is this just a bit of brake dust or similar? Any Advice as I know the dealer is going to tell me the brake pads need changing £££

3. Can you get Park Heating Retro Fitted? If so any ideas on where and how much it costs?

4. Is there a way to turn off the DVD / TV setting which stops it from displaying when you go above 5 Mph. My daughter likes to watch whilst sitting in the passenger seat.

5. I think my tires are about shot. Any advice on the best tires for this model and anything else to look for.

6. I have a problem with Dye from Jeans appearing on the seats. I clean them and again a week later its back. Is there a method to stop this from happening? LR are not interested.

Sorry for all of the questions but like I mentioned it is my first post and I am curious about some things as I love the car.

Thanks Alot
Bri

Post #502981 Tue Aug 16 2016 5:30pm
Autobiography

Hi and welcome.

1. That sounds quite expensive giving a service pack is £699 for 5 years worth.
2. Have a search on here - brake squeal is very common and the fixes have mixed success.
3. Not unless you have an SDV8. The FFBH is not fitted to L494 SDV6 derivatives to assist engine heat up as it was on the L320.
4. No. This is illegal. Dual view screen is the only legal option which I guess you don't have.
5. I'd only fit what was fitted originally but I'm fussy like that and others will have different views.
6. This isn't a fault and is common on all light coloured leathers. Land Rover leather cleaner works well for me.

Hope this helps. Wink

Post #502993 Tue Aug 16 2016 8:54pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

To stop dye transfer
http://www.ultimateshineautos.com/product/l1_leather_guard_ab/27

DVD in motion may be illegal. But is possible. I don't have it. But suggest you google it. 2022 P440e AB

Post #503004 Tue Aug 16 2016 10:25pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

As stated above, it is fairly easy to make the TV/DVD player in motion to work at all speeds, but we must add THIS IS ILLEGAL in many Countries and shouldn't be done as a sure fire way to contribute towards an accident or loss of attention to the road ahead. If you had an accident and the TV was being shown to all on the move, the Police would prosecute you for it regardless of blame. You can buy cheap strap on rear of seats DVZd player and screens for your children, far safer.
I do think adverts for either leads or software bypasses should be removed, and the sellers prosecuted, always seems strange legal to buy and own but not to use. Evil or Very Mad John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #503006 Tue Aug 16 2016 10:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1