RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Dilema
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jimbob36

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Dilema

Hi all. Picked new 59 sport 3.0 in Saturday. We have done less than 200 miles since and so far it has flashed restricted performance, got a wheel vibration at 70, boot wouldn't open. I have emailed the garage to document the issues but I feel the wife will have lost confidence in it already! With consumer rights what's the score? Can I give it back? Had windows tinted, can I claim that back off them if it does go back? Not impressed so far. Shame as its a gorgeous car and perfect for our lifestyle but had a navara that was plagued with issues under warranty that annoyed me. Any advice?

Post #497094 Thu May 26 2016 7:27pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

If the issues will be covered by the garage have it sorted and enjoy the car,, it's at the age when certain things will start to go wrong. Restricted performance could be egr valves,, easy fix on a V6 and then you can forget about them especially if someone else is paying! 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #497109 Thu May 26 2016 9:07pm
Jimbob36

So car has behaved perfectly since its initial message. Drive to game fair this morning and it didn't feel quite right. Got the impression I was giving it more throttle than yesterday and couldn't put my finger on it. Left this afternoon and got 5 miles before restricted performance pinged up, just as I was joining the a1 in front of a lorry! Not ideal! Carried onto field approx 15 miles and turned off. Was fine after leaving for half hour but still doesn't feel right. I'm thinking egr but I'll let garage decide. Worked for landy dealer from 2004 to 2008 so quite aware of issues we experienced.

Post #497306 Sun May 29 2016 5:34pm
Jimbob36

Had mate stick car on his sdd system. Cms 4x4 near Melton Mowbray. P2263 logged twice matching occurrences encountered. Next step into garage to sort along with wheel vibration.

Post #497610 Wed Jun 01 2016 9:04pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

That could simply be down to needing a four wheel alignment and wheel balance check. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #497621 Wed Jun 01 2016 10:42pm
Jimbob36

Update.
Cannot fault the garage at all! They came and collected the car, kept it for a week and replaced rear tyres as they were feathered on edges, front discs as they had a good lip, sticky turbo actuator, valeted again and a full tank! Very happy so far! Drives like a new car!

Post #498400 Fri Jun 10 2016 9:32pm
Jimbob36

Fault has reappeared! Garage replaced turbo change over valve. I've been away on business for 4 weeks so wife has only done approx 1000 miles since car was repaired. Just off on holiday and get 80 miles, ping, restricted performance and same symptoms as before. Didn't feel right this morning. Erratic throttle, snatch pulling away from junctions. I've phoned dealer and emailed rejecting the car. Don't want this hassle and worry every time we drive it. Done 1400 miles in 2 months. Where do we stand with a refund?

Post #501530 Sat Jul 23 2016 9:08pm
Orange RRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

I think you have 1 month to reject the vehicle if the supplying garage can't fix the fault. This is in the new consumer laws brought in last October, but if the dealer supplied a warranty I am led to believe this doesn't apply. Life's too short to drive boring cars !
2005 Supercharged First Edition
2013 Evoque

Post #501535 Sat Jul 23 2016 9:41pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I do not know at present, obviously the car is not fit for purpose, so you should be able to either get another replacement, or your money back, but you may get slightly less as you have down a mileage on it, and the garage has "appeared" to be trying to sort the various problems. I would also consult with trading standards, to get advice and assistance in getting what you want.

If your budget does allow, I would try to go for a newer version of the RRS, depending on available funds look for one with a warranty, if not supplied more than basic, take out a warranty with a Independant company, so you have continued cover in the future, as on older models and even new, repairs and parts can cost a lot.

Don't let this event stop you wanting this marque of vehicle, they are great, and you seem to have been unlucky. Please let us know how you get on, and I'm sure other members will come along with more advice. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #501538 Sat Jul 23 2016 9:55pm
Jimbob36

So the garage has decided that the turbo is at fault and it's been sent to a repair centre. I'm dubious of such repairs being successful due to the nature of vnt turbos. If I get it back and it faults again, legally where do I stand? I have fault code printout showing codes prior to purchase for multiple engine related issues and I have lost confidence in it completely! The wife doesn't want to drive it at all now too! Can I get a refund? Had it for 2 months and done approx 1300 miles, with 200 done by garage and collecting/delivering it back to us.lovelly car so disappointed is an understatement. It may be perfectly fine when it comes back but the experience so far has been somewhat tainted. If I can get out of it, I think I will.

Post #501981 Mon Aug 01 2016 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1