RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > sat nav lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

orangevanman

United Kingdom 
sat nav lights

Hi all, got a 62 rrs and I was just wondering on my sat nav at the top in the middle there is a pic of 2 cars 1 overlapping the other, sometimes that's green other times its yellow other times its red. what is it please

Post #500630 Tue Jul 12 2016 2:13am
pots1968

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

traffic on your route ........green go .... yellow ... not so go ..... red ****ed ..... !!

but it is Landrover technology ... sometimes a little inaccurate ...... Whistle

Post #500634 Tue Jul 12 2016 7:53am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Actually it is the TrafficMaster System and Highways Agency and not LR that give the misleading info. If you get the red warnings your SatNav should offer an alternative routing if one is feasible and you have guidance on rather than just using the SatNav as a scrolling map. IIRC the traffic warnings are for the surrounding 25 miles regardless of whether or not guidance is in use. It guidance is in use then it is along the route that you have input. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #500637 Tue Jul 12 2016 8:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pots1968

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

well i never knew .... cheers for info ... i neverhave satnav on unless using it ... so didnt know it showed traffic anyway ...

Thumbs Up

Post #500641 Tue Jul 12 2016 10:02am
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've the older SatNav system in the 2007 and it is totally random and often inaccurate when it sends out alerts. The most amazing one (to me) was on a quick business trip to Brussels when all of a sudden it advised "slow traffic ahead" in the middle of some Belgian autoroute and it was right!

Post #500644 Tue Jul 12 2016 10:35am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I frequently drive the length of the UK motorway system and always use the routing but with the volume turned down very very low. So far in 30+ trips in various RR's with the system I have yet to be ground to a halt in standing traffic on a motorway And had an alternative route offered. One problem though is that often the motoring news on the radio is more up to date when it comes to slow moving traffic. Also thanks to HA and TrafficMaster I haven't yet been routed onto the M6 Toll and have whizzed straight over the top of Brum every time! Last trip south and north I had a passenger who asked why I wasn't using the toll so I told them "TrafficMaster and HA haven't given any warnings of slow moving traffic so no need." "What do you mean, how do you know that?" "See it's not showing on my SatNav" "Jeez I never knew it could do that, think of all the unnecessary tolls I've paid over the years I have Land Rovers with satnavs in them! I never bother with using the routing...."
TrafficMaster also monitors many dual carriageway A Roads too so on longer trips it's worth putting the route in even if you aren't going to listen to the guidance just to get the warnings 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #500664 Tue Jul 12 2016 2:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

With my 3 year M6 Toll Road pass, it pays for itself after 5 single trips, so over three years I have saved hundreds of pounds, a much quicker and faster journey time can be made up using the Toll road, wish there were far more of them, I've even seen tailbacks to stay on the normal M6 stationary, with advance warnings, yet the Toll road is still light, many, I presume because of the cost? But it is less miles to travel.

The trouble with Traffic Master and making it worthless in many areas, was the recent pile up on the M62, which involved around 6 vehicles and one fatality, no warnings other than a couple of hours later when message boards were activated, but due to the distance in between exits and the two closed exits, many miles of stationary traffic ensued, due to the vast areas of Yorkshire, with most phone/GPS dats, much of the Motorways and A roads such as M60/M62 A64 to name a quick three, have no coverage at all. The TM paid for network, since ceasing to operate, has made traveling in these areas so much worse. There was people stuck in this traffic for over seven hours, when both sides were closed, (but no alternatives, except poor roads which quickly ground to a halt,) then the central barrier was cut, unwelded in places allowing traffic to cross over and turn back on opposite side.
The TMC system now has many miles to many blank uncovered areas to function reliably, but there are much superior paid for systems now available, which more are now switching to and using. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #500684 Tue Jul 12 2016 6:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1