RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Two weeks in
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Seeing the state of the seat backs I would go on the war path with your dealer ( and LR Quality control ).
My Sports leather issues are seat base and backs, but not quite as bad creasing as yours. So far the seats have had 2 applications of the dealers steam treatment, which made them marginally better. As Tim stated the new XC90 Volvo seats and trim was so much better, we looked at a XC90 last year in the summer. I would have purchased it, but the wife did not like the car. So the new RRS it was.. mistake. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #491536 Tue Mar 22 2016 3:28pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

Yeah it is dreadful, I just wanted reassurance that I wasn't being too picky. My father in law looked at it (he is a used car salesman) and said it is normal with leather that soft, which made me doubt myself - think he may have been trying to make me feel better having just taken delivery of an 80k car with obvious quality issues.

I just came back from the local Porsche dealership where I looked at the Maccan S Diesel for the wife - the quality of the seats in terms of finishing was miles ahead, but, despite it being the top spec with all the extras included, it wasn't a patch on the RRS in terms of luxury feeling. Their latest infotainment system looked terrible too. If only LR could design it and Porsche could build it.

Post #491537 Tue Mar 22 2016 3:51pm
IRBails

Australia 

Well I am more than two weeks in but thought this is as good as any thread to place a few more observations. Am now up to 5 weeks and 6,000 klm's. Very pleased with most aspects. On a recent trip covered some miles on very corrugated dirt road. Dust sealing was OK, mot as good as my R50. Also noted that the rear hatch electrical harness at the top of the hatch was pinching on the rubber door seal and allowing some dust entry . Handling was good and the best part fuel economy was 7.4 / 100 according to the on board computer. The fuel economy is unbelievable considering 120 kph cruise and a fair amount of overtaking , I hope it stays at this level , much better than advertised. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #491951 Mon Mar 28 2016 11:22am
IRBails

Australia 

Click image to enlarge

Showing the issue with the seal and the electrical harness. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #491952 Mon Mar 28 2016 11:31am
IRBails

Australia 

Click image to enlarge

Did I mention the dust ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #491953 Mon Mar 28 2016 11:33am
IRBails

Australia 

Click image to enlarge

Needs a wash now. Overall not too bad , need some 20 inch wheels before I get more serious in the dirt. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #491954 Mon Mar 28 2016 11:35am
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

I noticed three small "cuts" on the seat of the driver side leather seat on the lip where you inevitably slightly slide in and out (despite being tall, always selecting access mode and being careful). It looks like the top part of the leather has broken/spit under being used a lot. I get the leather is soft but 1400 miles and 4 weeks to the day of having the car - I am very concerned. Will post pics later - how are others seats doing in this area and are there any solutions/protections that are not ugly (I don't want to cover the seat)!?

Post #492427 Fri Apr 01 2016 3:21pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

My seats are as new after 2400 miles and a few months.

I'm finding be sills that light up scratch really easy though which isn't very good.

Post #492452 Fri Apr 01 2016 9:27pm
rangiejools

Australia 

I fitted tread plates to all my sills as soon as I got the car. Stops most of the scratching. Have done this with all my LRs apart from wifes Freelander which doesn't seem to suffer. They are not cheap though and LR must be making a packet on them.
Also edge of my drivers seat is cracking, started within a few weeks of getting the car nearly 2 years ago. Just gave that area a little leather care which might help. Will bring it up with the dealer for the second time. First time LR didn't want to know so I am not hopeful. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #492462 Sat Apr 02 2016 12:59am
IRBails

Australia 

Scraping over the leather as one gets in and out is going to wear the leather. I have thought this every time I climb aboard. Today I loaded some spares and a snatch strap into the trunk in the spare tire area.

Click image to enlarge

Found wrapping the Snatch around the tub, don't know what's in it yet , worked well. I don't know where I will attach if needed at the front. This car is way behind my old R50 in many ways , the first of the V10 Touaregs were a better vehicle than the Older RRS IMO and not far behind the new RRS in many areas. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #492463 Sat Apr 02 2016 5:13am
rangiejools

Australia 

The air suspension compressor is in the tub in the middle of the boot area. The main battery is under the spare tyre as is the stop/start battery which is in the left hand side. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #492472 Sat Apr 02 2016 9:40am
IRBails

Australia 

I hope wrapping the strap around does not cause a heat issue. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #492474 Sat Apr 02 2016 9:59am
PetesRRS

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Found wrapping the Snatch around the tub, don't know what's in it yet , worked well. I don't know where I will attach if needed at the front. This car is way behind my old R50 in many ways.

Take off the lower removable panel and behind it is a towing/recovery eye. Looks heavy duty. Same at the rear remove lower panel exposes recovery point. Easy to remove panels just half turn latch screws.

Post #492641 Mon Apr 04 2016 8:38am
IRBails

Australia 

Thanks for the info , I have to admit I have only read the on kine manual so far , so am still discovering things as I go. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #492700 Mon Apr 04 2016 9:55pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

Triumph_Dave wrote:
Seeing the state of the seat backs I would go on the war path with your dealer ( and LR Quality control ).
My Sports leather issues are seat base and backs, but not quite as bad creasing as yours. So far the seats have had 2 applications of the dealers steam treatment, which made them marginally better. As Tim stated the new XC90 Volvo seats and trim was so much better, we looked at a XC90 last year in the summer. I would have purchased it, but the wife did not like the car. So the new RRS it was.. mistake.

So picked the car up today from a few days at the dealership for fuel slap and rear seats (see earlier picture). LR came to inspect the car and they replaced the whole rear seat cover - no steam treatment or anything like that. They have done a great job to be fair. Fuel slap sorted too.

Was told to bring the car in as low on fuel as I could and they left me with a full tank. That plus the super RR Vogue 5.0 S/C I've had for the week as a loan car has made it a thoroughly smooth process. Should never have left the factory with issues but Stratstone Mayfair have been brilliant managing everything and great communication throughout. They even acknowledged the issue with the seats generally and said we could assess at each service to see if it was worth putting in a warranty claim.

Loving being back in my car, despite dropping 200hp from the loan car - the Vogue just can't compete on agility and handling.

Post #494362 Sun Apr 24 2016 8:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123