RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Whirring noise.... Help please .
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

IRBails

Australia 

OK we have the same car so I will look out for the noise. As you said it may be the climate system. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #492157 Tue Mar 29 2016 10:46pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

What is the number we should put in our signatures re the FBH? Obviously not the serial number, but I have a group of numbers after the word Webasto and above a set of letters and numbers, I'm presuming one is the Part Number but not sure which.

I Just remembered I have a photo, displayed below, does this help to identify model

? John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #492159 Tue Mar 29 2016 11:07pm
scott2k21

United Kingdom 

If it's the same noise I'm thinking of, my SDV6 Autobiography does this, the current HSE Dynamic loan car does it, and the RR Vogue loan car did it.....all at different volume levels (mine is louder than others), and sometimes even when warm on mine!

The other HSE and Autobiography loan cars I've had however did not do it (at least not noticeable enough)!

It is like a humming noise coming from the passenger side area below the glove box area. Land Rover are aware of the "issue" but no detail on what it is or a fix (at last update anyway). I use " on issue as some may not see it as so, but imo a car (new or old) shouldn't make these kinds of noises ...well unless you had wheel bearing issues (which I liken the noise to at times). Thing is this noise remains when all air-con/fans switched off and the car is stationary so not ventilation fan related, and clearly not a wheel bearing. The noise seems to appear at low speeds (ie slowing at junction/lights or just manoeuvring). It will then stop when the engine auto-stops, reappear when engine restarts, and gradually fade as you accelerate away from the lights etc.

Mine doesn't have FBH nor do the loan cars I've had so not that either. Even tried to get out the car and listen near to NSF wheel and can hear it slightly (even with engine noise from outside). Wondered if anything to do with the AdBlue tank/pump/injection as noise noticed in vicinity of the tank refill point. Don't know enough about the system or layout to confirm though...

Interesting to see if the MY16.5 still have this Rolling Eyes

If anyone can advise how I upload an iPhone video to here for comparison etc I will do so, as I've got a number of clips that my local dealer and LR technical have had for a couple of months now?

Post #492232 Wed Mar 30 2016 8:10pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

My brand new SDV6 AB did this on me the other day.

Just started it to move it so I could get the Defender out and the RRS kept making a noise.

As I have FBH with remote, I pressed the "STOP" button ......and all was silence again.

I only ran the engine for about 30 secs so I reckon it was the engine heater running on for a prescribed time...till I stopped it.

Scrumps. Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #492236 Wed Mar 30 2016 8:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12