RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR > Overfinch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Cantona

United Kingdom 
SVR > Overfinch

Saw an Overfinch sport today, with all the trimmings.

I prefer the SVR, the real McCoy Thumbs Up

Beyonce in a cat suit compared to Beyonce smothered in makeup and wearing a XXXL men's polar neck from Burtons.

Post #487194 Thu Feb 11 2016 9:22pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Any views on this? Saw another Overfinch today and thought the same!

Post #491390 Sun Mar 20 2016 8:44pm
JKay

Australia 

Haven't seen an Overfinch 494 here in Aus yet but I normally prefer something from the manufacturer (SVR) over something else. Altho Overfinch makes some great products and is one of my favourite aftermarket

Post #491392 Sun Mar 20 2016 8:56pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Different people, different tastes. I prefer original cars and find aftermarket kits (be it Overfinch, Kahn or something else) tacky. Personally, I believe ANY unmodified Sport looks better and SVR is the best looking variant anyway. I actually think comparing to one of these is akin to insulting the SVR Laughing That's just me though and I am sure many will feel the opposite. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #491393 Sun Mar 20 2016 9:02pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

I very nearly bought an Overfinch Evoque for the Mrs quite recently. However they hadn't developed the body kit for the facelift on the new evoque (and wasn't due until May time 2016). This meant their pricing was off and frankly it was absurd for what was just some bodykit and wheels and ended up getting the sport, but they did look incredible and the interiors (especially the leather seats) are top notch.

I went to their London showroom and was impressed with everything other than the sport. It just looked too much and chvvy, lost its class entirely, whereas I did like previous Overfinch sports (the old sport). The SVR will be a huge problem for them as it give you the mean look and quad exhaust system without losing the class and I think they are going to struggle with sales. Their claims on residuals are ridiculous too and based on the fact they largely control the second hand market.

Post #491395 Sun Mar 20 2016 9:11pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

The SVR will be a huge problem for them as it gives you the mean look and quad exhaust system without losing the class and I think they are going to struggle with sales.

That's exactly what I think, don't see the point in them anymore!

Post #491436 Mon Mar 21 2016 11:02am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think a lot of people wanted more performance and up to SVR the only way to go was Overfinch or Kahn. If you upgraded the power via either of them your warranty was torn up (although Overfinch did offer a warranty), back up was all but non existent from both companies and even though Overfinch is less effected, there is the perception that the only people who bought the modified cars were overpaid footballers and sportsmen. In recent years Kahn has improved their game hugely but their previous reputation goes before them, Overfinch have been through so many Pheonix resurrections that many people don't have the confidence to buy from them. Someone smart at JLR realized that there is a small but steady market for a specialized model in the range and was able to persuade the money people that it would work. I hope that the SVR/SVO dept is proving profitable for JLR becuause if it isn't I'm sure that the bean counters in Mumbai will not hesitate to pull the plug. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #491439 Mon Mar 21 2016 11:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

One thing I will consider, is placing my next RRS order through Overfinch in London. Won't be an "overfinch" (although I might opt for a set of wheels), but the service at the dealership is a significant step up compared to the LR dealerships I visited. Whey they realized they weren't going to get me to part with 60k for an Evoque Overfinch and that I was going to go for a standard stock sport instead, they tried to get me to place the order through them, it was only because Stratstone offered such a good deal that I didn't. Not sure if anyone else has considered this before?

Post #491519 Tue Mar 22 2016 8:48am
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

Apparently, this is an SVR with the overfinch styling on it... I think it looks awful, why you would ever pay for an SVR then pay a premium for Overfinch to do it up I don't know....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...;logcode=p

Post #491545 Tue Mar 22 2016 7:23pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I get an "access denied" message when I click on the link, but I would imagine it is pretty grim................. Or more politely "an acquired taste" 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #491546 Tue Mar 22 2016 7:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

Try this.

http://stock.overfinch.com/used-car-detail..._6463.aspx

I don't know who designed the rear spoiler, but it really doesn't do the car justice IMO.

Post #491547 Tue Mar 22 2016 7:54pm
SPX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

I like the look of the Overfinch SVR kit, in fact I struggle to recall any Overfinch kit that doesn't improve on the model it's based on.

Post #491549 Tue Mar 22 2016 8:04pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Grotesque. Too much Botox for my liking and the boob job is about 3 sizes too big. Overfinch should relocate to f***ing Moscow, the Russians would be queuing up..

Post #491553 Tue Mar 22 2016 8:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1