RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Product for external black plastic - removal of micro swirls
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

never ready

United Kingdom 

I found DoDo Juice Lime Prime lite to work really well at removing the swirls, once the weather picks up I will be doing them again but this time I have bought some Gtechniq EXO to use as protection after just to see what the durability is like.

Post #490317 Tue Mar 08 2016 7:03am
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

I actually cannot believe how easily these scratch - less than 500 miles and 3 weeks of ownership and they are covered in scratches despite the car having had only one safety wash by the detailer. Very disappointing, the material is clearly not fit for purpose.

Post #491346 Sun Mar 20 2016 12:59pm
Autobiography

It's horrifically bad. When the dealer replaced my last ones they left the plastic on for me to remove. It's made in Macedonia.

The matte finish ones from the last generation didn't scratch.

Post #491348 Sun Mar 20 2016 1:33pm
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

How did you get them replaced, by complaining about the scratches or unrelated?

Post #491378 Sun Mar 20 2016 7:02pm
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

jpegnall wrote:
I actually cannot believe how easily these scratch - less than 500 miles and 3 weeks of ownership and they are covered in scratches despite the car having had only one safety wash by the detailer. Very disappointing, the material is clearly not fit for purpose.

I have found that the Plast -Rx will remove most if not all of the micro scratch, the trick is to apply it with a squeaky clean cloth and use very little force, plus rub in a circular motion. If you want a quicker fix or a combination of both , then use Poor boys "black hole" which is a filler type polish and then use a very good quality wax to cover it all. It will come back like new.

However, I agree the plastic trim type absolutely the worse type for the external part of the car, it is not fit for purpose. Much like the Piano Black interior trim option.. I suspect its CHEAP for LR. I have both options and even after only 1.7K miles, its been a nightmare to keep the trim looking 100%. My exterior trim came new micro scratched from the dealer. I did not notice it until the next day as it was winter and light levels poor.

I wish there was a way to make LR sit up and at at least pay attention, but it seems they do not give a damm. I have had zero luck with any replies from LR.

As I said previously, its annoyed me so much I am not buying another LR product, their attitude is just so bad.. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #491381 Sun Mar 20 2016 7:40pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

jpegnall wrote:

& lets not forget, the most expensive "optional" interior trim finish, if only they did the metal finish in an extended pack, then all would be good.

RRS 2006
635d 2008
FFRR 2011

All had same finish with no problems at all...

Post #491386 Sun Mar 20 2016 8:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12