RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > How to clean spilled washer bottle additive out of the boot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
How to clean spilled washer bottle additive out of the boot

Wondered why my car was misted up on the inside after sitting few a few days and then there was the strange sweet smell in the car. Opened the tailgate this afternoon to find fluorescent green stains on the rubber boot liner and the boot lip edge protector and in the carpet pile, also damp carpet in the boot area and an empty 2.5ltr Winter Formula screen wash canister flying on its side on the rubber mat. The rubber mat can be hosed off and a wet cloth should clean up the boot lip trim but does anyone know if the carpet trim can be easily removed from the spare wheel well cover or am I going to have to borrow a steam cleaner to do that bit? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490004 Fri Mar 04 2016 8:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

Just the removable bit ?

I would take it out and hose it down liberally then stand in the porch to dry out.. 5.0 Ltr Superchrged RRS2, Chile Red, Sideways out of junctions!
TDV8 HST Stornaway on a 08.. remapped.. now gone and replaced, was a mighty fine car..
4.2 SC First Edition when they first came out, quick car!

Post #490015 Fri Mar 04 2016 9:54pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Tim, I looked through the list of files I downloaded from TOPIX and while there are number of Interior Trim and Ornamentation items none covers carpets. I am guessing that we will need to remove left and right Loadspace trim panels and the Scuff plate before removing the carpet.

Post #490101 Sat Mar 05 2016 8:15pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the help, if it's a bit warmer tomorrow then that is the job for the day! Too cold here to be washing cars either exteriors or interior bits............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #490102 Sat Mar 05 2016 8:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1