Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Tracking/service mode whilst at dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sally

United Kingdom 
Tracking/service mode whilst at dealers

Morning All,

So the SVR is booked in for its first service. I cant believe i have had it that long already. I still smile like a little kid every time i start it.

Anyhoo, I know i need to select 'Service Mode' on the inconrol app so being jacked on the ramps ect doesnt trigger a 'theft' alert. Question is.... Will the journey tracker still work so i know where my car is being driven whilst in service mode?

It has to go for a service and i do trust my garage but having piece of mind/knowing its not doing 100mph roadtests makes me feel a bit better.

Will the car be 'off the grid' whilst the dealers have it?

S x 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #489394 Mon Feb 29 2016 12:51pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

AFAIK yes the tracking will still work in service mode. Regarding the setting into service mode, the dealership should also check before they start work on the car that it is in the service mode otherwise they will get a chargeable visit from their local plod.................. When I had an issue with my last Evoque that required the service mode setting to be activated I elected to wait in the showroom while they worked on my car.............. About 10 minutes later the local plod appeared asking about a car that was sending out theft signals.................. OMG I though it must be mine as it's one of the earliest cars to be fitted with InControl Secure, but it wasn't mine it was another one undergoing some work and the technician had not carried out the pre servicing checks 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #489408 Mon Feb 29 2016 2:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Terryrrs

United Kingdom 

I have never had an issue with my car being driven fast providing it has been brought to temperature sensibly. My worry is if they start the car cold and Rev the guts out of it before taking it into the workshop Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Still miss the sound of a V8.
Terry

Post #489416 Mon Feb 29 2016 3:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1