RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Extended Leather Pack
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dric0327

United Kingdom 
Extended Leather Pack

Hi all - after 4 years away from the forum driving a FFRR and then a BMW 730d I am returning to the fold with a 16.5MY Waitamo HSE due in about 4 weeks. I love the new RRS - been ankering after one for a while now. One question that I cannot get an answer to is the extended leather pack. I have ordered this as I loved the autobiography I test drove that has this, I know it's a lot of money but I just know I will appreciate it. The issue I have is that the dealer is saying that the steering wheel insert will be plastic and not leather and says that I need to pay an extra £400 to get this done as a dealer fit. Checked on line and you can get the Cirrus insert for the wheel for £70 OEM. So charging £330 to fit is pretty eye watering.

Regardless of this I thought the insert would come as part of the extended leather pack just like the autobiography has.

Does anyone know if the steering wheel insert is actually leather on the extended leather pack or I do need to pay the extra, everyone I ask does not know the answer and it's kind of driving me crazy because I want the insert !! It's just a small thing but without it I have convinced myself I wouldn't love the RRS as much as I could Rolling Eyes

Any help or comments appreciated - thanks all 2016 MY16.5 HSE, 21" Rims, Waitamo Grey, Cirrus Leather, Extended Leather, Meridian sound

i ain't no dizzy rascal

Post #488452 Sun Feb 21 2016 10:26pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I didn't know the answer, but had a sneaky look at the configurator. If you choose HSE and add almond Extended Leather pack then the steering wheel insert does not change colour. If you choose AB and choose almond the steering wheel insert DOES change colour.

It's a shame the dealer cannot do you a better price as a goodwill gesture - try again. I think it's a good idea to get the dealer to do it rather than going outside where it may be cheaper in case you have issues... but then again, I do not know how hard it is to change it over.

Visually it looks worthwhile getting to my eyes. It's only 5 tanks of fuel, go for it! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #488529 Mon Feb 22 2016 7:59pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

Certainly the AB comes with a leather steering wheel centre. May be worth looking at your options, and seeing what an AB looks like compared to your HSE, obviously you would't need the grand for your extended leather, potentially if you have the 825W stereo, that's another grand off the difference... -

Post #488606 Tue Feb 23 2016 8:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1