RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Suspected EGR cooler??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Petemate

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black
Suspected EGR cooler??

Hi all, been having a noisy around the site for a while now as a guest. Found some really useful stuff and tips Very Happy
So picture the scene. Been out with the family on Saturday, drove about 135 miles. Did a little bit of over taking but nothing faster than the national speed limit. Averaged about 50-55. Parked her up in the work shop, came to her this morning and started her up, no warning lights on the dashboard etc etc. And she was busy steaming out of the exhaust pipes like Thomas the Tank! Expansion bottle isn't pressurising, she'll sit on tick over and use no water. I've done a test for water in the oil and it came up nil. The minute you touch the throttle and give it about 2500 she starts losing coolant out of the expansion bottle and straight down the exhausts. I'm seriously considering its an EGR cooler failure. Any hints or tips or similar issues would be greatfully appreciated. And has anyone had any experience at bypassing the coolers completely. I forgot to mention its a 2.7 v6. Many thanks, Pete.

Post #488562 Mon Feb 22 2016 10:05pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

That sounds about right.
Not sure many have blanked off the coolers themselves, but if you do, I'd also suggest you should also blank the EGR and have the relevant software update to stop the MIL coming on. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #488570 Mon Feb 22 2016 10:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Petemate

Cheers for the reply Very Happy The next bit I'm after is does anyone know how to work out which cooler is kerput! Cheers, Pete.

Post #488574 Mon Feb 22 2016 10:39pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Does it matter....? Presumably, you'll be chopping both off? Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #488576 Mon Feb 22 2016 10:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Petemate

I'd love to chop both of them off including the EGR rubbishy in just a bit wary of this new fandangled technology. I've built a fair few challenge trucks in my time, roll cages, suspension set ups, 3 link etc etc, but just a bit worried about the electronic side of things. I have a love hate relationship with my Rangy, as I love what it does and how it looks but hate the fact I can't always fix it with some spanners Big Cry

Post #488578 Mon Feb 22 2016 10:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1