RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Beeping car......literally!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

scott2k21

United Kingdom 
Beeping car......literally!

Hi guys, not new to the forum, but new to the L494 fold after replacing my previous 2012 Autobiography after nearly 4 years of largely trouble free motoring.

I picked up my new MY16 Autobiography on 31st December and of the 44 days ownership it has spent 20 of those days with the dealer split across 3 separate visits! Rolling Eyes

No, the "beeping" isn't a cover for a swear word...well not quite!

So.....if you can please visualise the double beep associated with say trying to lock the car with the door/boot/bonnet open, or if you tried to lock the vehicle using the keyless option on the door handle with keys still inside the car? You with me, yes? Now imagine that very same double beep whilst driving or simply sitting in the car with the engine running, sometimes once in a blue moon or maybe 3 times straight after one another....still with me? Embarassed

Well it is happening on mine and nobody seems to have a clue (including LR technical apparently). I collected the car today after being told it had been resolved with a KVM update, but on the short test drive with the workshop manager, was greeted by the Censored double beep Shocked ...so at this point the keys were in my pocket, so wondered if maybe a button on the fob had been pressed.

Anyway, I suggested (yes, me) to take the car and update the dealer after the weekend, partly because what benefit is there leaving it with them to stand around it scratching heads, but mainly because I didn't enter into a 50/50 car share agreement when I bought it! So I got in to drive away, both sets of keys in the drinks holders well away from any risk of accidental button pressing, then within 20 seconds and not even putting the car in gear, 3 sets of double bloomin' beeps! Censored ...back in to the garage to advise, but still took it away as after all I want my own car Embarassed

Anyone else ever noticed this? ...and more importantly have any idea what is or could be causing it Question

...point to note maybe is that it started immediately after collecting it from dealer on its last 'car share visit' during which there were updates applied for the auto parking aid to stay on after switching off, and auto memory seat function (that I know of - unsure if more were carried out)

Cheers,
Scott

PS This isn't the sole reason for all the time in the garage Shocked

Post #487299 Fri Feb 12 2016 6:27pm
stenh02

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

We use to have a Disco3 that did that - random bonging and never got to the bottom of it, it just stopped doing it- but as this is a new car that you have shifted a wad of hard earned on I'd say maybe play a bit of hard ball and leave it with them - take their demo - get LandRover CS involved and say if they can't fix it a new car is in order. Also if it is on finance get them involved.

Easier said than done, but it is near £80K of car that should be perfect.

Post #487816 Wed Feb 17 2016 6:35pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Remember, you now have new rights under consumer law and will be quite within your rights to reject the vehicle if they are as stumped as you say.

Jim

Post #487850 Thu Feb 18 2016 5:26am
Autobiography

Get rid! It's so easy to reject now.

My 16MY car is being replaced in March. LR didn't want to compensate for the 3+ weeks off the road within the first two months of delivery so I played hard ball and replacement being built.

Post #487853 Thu Feb 18 2016 6:09am
jim4244

Maybe if enough customers exercise their right to reject then JLR will up their game when it comes to QC and Customer Relations?

Jim

Post #487856 Thu Feb 18 2016 6:27am
Autobiography

That's what I'm hoping! Although JLR don't treat rejection replacement builds any different to a standard car in relation to QC....!!!

Post #487857 Thu Feb 18 2016 6:31am
scott2k21

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the comments guys.

Well the car is back in tomorrow to look at this again after being told it was fixed over a week ago ...fixed so good that it actually beeped on the brief test drive with workshop manager on collection Rolling Eyes Decided to take the car anyway and update after last weekend because I'd gone out my way to go pick the car up from them, and partly as they'd had it close to 50% of the time since collection!

The dealer were expecting my update and knew it wasn't "fixed" so imagine my frustration when they hadn't arranged a car for me and said end of March before car available Censored ...anyway it just continues to do the double beep associated with 'mislock' at random times and drive me crazy (even turns heads with pedestrians wondering who's beeping at them and why Embarassed )

Autobiography wrote:
Get rid! It's so easy to reject now.

My 16MY car is being replaced in March. LR didn't want to compensate for the 3+ weeks off the road within the first two months of delivery so I played hard ball and replacement being built.

How did you go about this Autobiography? Nearing the end of my tether on what has tainted the whole new car experience Big Cry

Cheers,
Scott

Post #488377 Sun Feb 21 2016 11:00am
jim4244

So they can't provide a courtesy car whilst repairing yours?

I would tell the DP that if the car can not be repaired to your satisfaction, within the next 7 days, you will be exercising your right, under law, to reject the vehicle.

I think that you have been patient enough my friend, and have given them every opportunity to put things right.

Jim

Post #488388 Sun Feb 21 2016 12:05pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

EMail the guy in charge of your dealership and request a new car is ordered for you in your email reject your car.

To cut a long story short although mine had a gearbox problem which I the end was software but anyway they replaced my car and I kept the first car until the replacement turned up which was 3 months.

Dealer sold my car on at retail price within 3 days and 1600 miles on the clock.

my dealer was great about it and I can't see why any dealer would want to upset a customer as they know full well these cars sell quickly so they really don't lose anything you could even argue by replacing your car they make money twice.

Post #488455 Sun Feb 21 2016 9:33pm
Old Stager

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Mine was replaced with a new vehicle after six months because there were issues they couldn't fix. I didn't use any legal threats, but simply explained to the DP that this was my second Range Rover and despite being a loyal customer I was becoming disenchanted with the brand and had lost all faith in the vehicle. They were as good as gold and actually offered a replacement brand new car, built to my spec. They even threw in a coulple of extras that I'd not originally specified. I can't knock that for customer service. 14.5MY SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus silver/lunar/ebony 20" wheels, InControl, full-size spare, electric tow bar, adaptive xenons, adaptive cruise control, auto main beam assist. Gone: TDV8 HSE; Zermatt silver/ebony, 19" off road alloys, active diff, particle filter, tow pack (it was fun) BMW 730D SE (great car, sadly missed). Ford Focus RS mk2, Ultimate green, lux pack 2, bluetooth. The start of my mid-life crisis.
IN THE GARAGE: BMW i8 - the mid-life crisis continues and it's great fun.

Post #488813 Wed Feb 24 2016 6:26pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Did you get this sorted ? Believe it or not I picked up the wife's new Evoque on Tuesday and it has double beeped randomly parked on the drive it doesn't matter if its locked or unlocked.

Not had it whilst driving yet. It can beep 3 times one after another or just randomly. Beeped twice since writing this. I have no luck with LR products why I want a SVR I do not know. ( well I do know )

Another trip to the dealer by the looks of it Sad

Post #489942 Thu Mar 03 2016 10:35pm
RRSAuto

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Long shot but did anyone ever get to the bottom of this. I have an RRS Autobiog 2015 (couldn't select that in the profile) which has this precise problem. Just acquired it second hand, didn't notice it on test drive. Worse the boot opens by itself too. Hasn't done it whilst driving yet but got to load up and head to Cornwall tomorrow! Cheers.

Post #616542 Wed Aug 11 2021 6:51pm
Farmer Chalk

Is this connected to the gesture tailgateā€¦ mine beeped when a sensor picked up water from a hose or movement underneath the carā€¦??

Post #616543 Thu Aug 12 2021 8:09am
RRSAuto

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I don't think the car has gesture tailgate. If it does it is not working.

Post #616549 Thu Aug 12 2021 1:17pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

I had the same issue on my MY16 - it was connected to the gesture tailgate where after / during a period of heavy rain, the water would pass through the drip channel and due to th emotion, activate the gesture tailgate - the beeps would happen whilst driving and also whilst the car was stationary - in both cases the car was complaining due to the key not being close enough.

There is a formal fix which makes the gesture tailgate sensor less sensitive - the LR mobile call out guy was able to fix this with his laptop - did not require a dealer visit.

I hope this helps...per the first thread, the beeps drove me crazy.

Rgds
Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #616551 Thu Aug 12 2021 2:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1