RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Fuel Line Leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRSAutoB

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
Fuel Line Leak

On Sunday pulled up at my parents to a white smoke coming out of the engine bay. I quickly ejected all passengers and then lifted the bonnet and the smell was pretty pungent akin to when the pre-heater is running..
The smoke stopped as the car cooled down, so called the LandRover Assistance.
Car was towed to Lancaster Newport Pagnell and today they have diagnosed the fault to rodents eating the fuel lines...Diesel leaking onto the drip tray and they had nested in the sound deadening material.

So its no longer a warranty job and to fix the line and sound deadening material its going to cost me £550 plus it needs a service.. Now the lady from the service said this problem has been because I live in the countryside, to be fair rats come everywhere, its not just a countryside thing. But what is bothering me is that I've lived here 4 years and no other car has been eaten by rats.. Also there are no rat pooings around the driveway - cant see anything that shows rats or mice running around..

So this car which is supposed to withstand any terrain in any country is more prone to being eaten than the previous Audis that I have owned and stored on the same said driveway.

I've not owned this car long - since March in fact and I am not really happy with the car and will sell it soon.

I was given a brand new Sport Autobiography which is a totally different car, its amazing to be honest but with the experience of Land Rover I've had I'm put off (I had problems with the car when purchased which are rectified at a cost of over £1100) with the dealer experience.

Has anyone else had rodents eat their fuel lines?

Thanks

Tone

Post #482500 Tue Dec 15 2015 12:12pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I'd ask to see the evidence sounds a bit Censored to me. The noise alone from engine and movement would scare anything away Shocked

Post #482501 Tue Dec 15 2015 12:29pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Also living and working in the country in a village garage we see plenty of chewed sound proofing and even cable insulation but haven't seen fuel lines being chewed before.. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #482504 Tue Dec 15 2015 2:12pm
ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I had the washer pipes eaten by rats on the wifes Honda CRV.
I think they are attracted by the heat of the engine.
Cost £300 to repair.
I have also found rat droppings in my engine bay, but no damage fortunately. MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #482508 Tue Dec 15 2015 3:39pm
RRSAutoB

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

I've started looking for rat traps - I'll have to deploy a few around the inside of the car tyres at night when it gets home.
I noticed a news article saying lots of rats will be looking for warm places this winter as the temp's plummet.

I must say the new Autobiography is bloody nice - only had 27 miles on the clock! Alas they will be in touch tomorrow to take it back though...

I test drove a Q7 (new version) and Cayenne recently - both went well and returned very favourable MPG's.. the days of my ownership are limited. Lets see what happens..

Post #482509 Tue Dec 15 2015 3:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1