RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Final Build Help (have until Wednesday to make changes)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jpegnall

United Kingdom 
Final Build Help (have until Wednesday to make changes)

So after years of wanting one, I have finally placed an order for my first RRS and now signed up to the forum rather than just reading with interest...

Currently I have on order with stratstone:

RRS HSE Dynamic, Corris Grey, Contrast Santorini pan Roof

Options
- Stealth pack
- Red callipers (despite the flaking problems)
- Meridian sound upgrade
- Colour code body/side sills
- Ebony headlining
- privacy glass

Getting itchy feet as any changes need to be decided by Wednesday. So wanted some help:

- All the added options (stealth + privacy glass aside) add up to quite a bit and are included in the AB. AB would still be an extra 4 or 5k but I may get more back on the AB than on high spec HSE Dyn? Any thoughts?

- Drove an ML400 in Dubai last week, had blind spot assist which was actually really useful - anyone get this option and think it is worth adding?

- Last question - the engine turned aluminum that comes standard with the AB. On the brochure it looks really good - with a Lunar or full Ebony interior I think it would look better than the grand wood. Does anyone have it or seen it in flesh?

Any views would be greatly appreciated. Already had sleepless nights over the engine, but decided the V8 petrol engine would have been prohibitively expensive to run and the extra performance from the V8 diesel didn't seem to be worth the extra over the V6...

Post #481259 Mon Nov 30 2015 11:17am
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

Generally - when you come to look at trade in / resale you can exclude the cost of options from the calculation on value, they make make it sell more easily, but people won't be paying a premium for them -

So the %age of residial value for an AB should be higher than an HSE -

then again it's all a bit of a lottery.

Have to say Blind Spot / TSR are good additionas and not that pricey !
Would also consider the larger washer bottle especially with the rear camera wash now ont he vehicles.

Post #481262 Mon Nov 30 2015 11:20am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

- HSE Dynamic vs AB has been discussed a lot here. I think it all depends on what you want. If you are adding a lot of options that are standard in AB then it may be worth upgrading. It comes down to whether you can justify the extra cost to yourself. No one knows about depreciation in 2-3 years time when demand will have come down for sure.

- I have blind spot monitoring, closing vehicle sensing and reverse traffic detection. All work very well and worth having in my opinion. Especially BSM if you ever drive on the other side of the road.

- I personally think the gloss black interior finishers look good with every colour. I read on here that it scratches very easily so even though I liked it more, I went for engine turned instead. 2.5 months and 2,200 miles later it still looks perfect and I put keys, phones and other things on it without worrying. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #481265 Mon Nov 30 2015 11:31am
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

Thanks both.

Think I am going to go for the AB. Read a few of the debates on here and I think that with demand dropping and a buyers market the HSE Dynamic with 7k of options will lose more than the AB with just 2k of options. Going to add the BSM and RTD, it isn't a lot to add and we will drive it abroad a lot.

Interesting about the bigger washer bottle - I did think it was an odd option, why don't they just include it from the off if the standard one isn't big enough... will probably add it.

Post #481269 Mon Nov 30 2015 12:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1