RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Deployable side step help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 
Deployable side step help

Can someone with DSS check the operation of them for me? My car has just come back from the dealers and they are saying that my steps are working normally.

If you open the drivers door from inside the vehicle do both steps deploy or only the drivers?

if i get out of my car then both steps deploy when i open the drivers door when i close the door the drivers step goes in but the passenger one stays out until i lock the car.

I'm convinced that when i got the car only the side you opened the door on operated.

They are linked to the 2 stage unlocking too so if its set to unlock all doors with one press of the fob then both steps deploy. if its set to 2 presses then only the drivers will deploy on one press.

maybe i'm just going nuts!

Post #479739 Fri Nov 13 2015 8:57pm
Screenwipe

United Kingdom 

I thought I had something like this when I first got them home. They seemed to not retract when I expected them to. But after a while I figured out they're working as they should.

In with your car documents folder should be a small manual solely for the DSSs describing the order in which they deploy and retract and it isnt as simple as the one closest to the door opening goes down and up as the door opens and closes.

If you have a read of that small document I think you'll probably find they're working as they're meant to. If not, then you'll be able to explain to the rr guys what they're not doing.

If you can't find the paper let me know and I'll send you a photo of the relevant page from mine.

Post #479751 Fri Nov 13 2015 10:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1