RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Standard Sound System is woeful
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Autobiography

Standard Sound System is woeful

For anybody who is deliberating on upgrading to the 825W Meridian Sound System, do.

I have an HSE Dynamic courtesy car at the moment and bass is near on non-existent even when at maximum. There is no subwoofer and the sound system just sounds generally astonishingly poor for a car at this price point.

It's probably the worst car sound system I've heard - we have a MINI in the family with more bass!

You have been warned...

Post #478000 Tue Oct 27 2015 9:28pm
alexv

United Kingdom 

I haven't heard the standard stereo, but I paid for the 825w one and it's awesome a real joy to crank up and blare it rotten! On order expected October 16 macan turbo
Current car MY15 Hse Dynamic
Cayenne v6 MY64
RRS MY13 Black edition
Discovery MY61 xs
RRS TDV6 MY07
XC90 Executive
Yada yada yada

Post #478006 Tue Oct 27 2015 9:54pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It's all part of LR's dumbing down and profit maximizing policy. I've just been on the F Type forums and the members there are all complaining about exactly the same issues as we have here, crap quality control, poor dealership back up, cars arriving with options either missing or not working, seats with contrast stiching that isn't the same as on other parts of the car, TSB's that the dealers don't know anything about............. cars being kept in dealers for weeks and weeks awaiting parts
Thing is other makers have similar issues. Today I stopped at Cherwell Services on my way to london and was appraoched by the driver of a VW Toureg that was parked next to my Sport..................... he had got rid of a Sport to buy the Toureg last year and it has turned out to be worse than the RRS that he traded in for it............... in 9 months he had had six trips to the dealership and 3 trailers off the motorway and was thinking of returning to an RRS as his 2010 car was actually more reliable and better built than his Toureg! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #478007 Tue Oct 27 2015 9:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Give it a few days and your ears shall get used to it Smile I have the standard system in my MY15 and it does me absolutely fine. It is way better than the standard system in my 2015 C220 AMG sport Merc. As you have come out of an AB and are comparing it to that you are bound to find it crap but as a a standalone system it's fine for me.

Post #478016 Tue Oct 27 2015 10:50pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Can't fault the HSE standard system to be honest.. and I come from a world of quad, linn etc. In a space of limited cubic feet and soft obstacles you can only hope for true harmonics. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #478037 Wed Oct 28 2015 12:11am
Autobiography

My door cards also rattle on the 825W system. There is a bulletin to insulate the doors if a customer complains about this which mine has had done!

If you don't ask, LR don't insulate it appears!!!

Post #478045 Wed Oct 28 2015 6:31am
forest172

United Kingdom 

I've got a my15 and find it fine

Post #478047 Wed Oct 28 2015 8:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1