RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Inner tie rod
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gilly1

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Inner tie rod

Hi, was hoping for some advice, I've removed inner tie rods as I was told buy Indy garage that both inner steering rack joints had play in them, (I assumed they meant inner tie rod) on removing them they were easily movable on the knuckles but didn't seem excessive but I'm no expert, I inspected the shaft that the tie rods connect too in steering rack and there is some play in it. Will there be some play in that shaft if everything is disconnected... I've done a short video I will try upload on YouTube and put the link in this comment I said try as I'm a bit useless with computers, Mr. Green Just wanted to no really before I go buy parts and fit them and then find out it was the steering rack.

Post #473654 Sun Sep 20 2015 3:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gilly1

Well fitted new inner tie rods today just to see if it solved movement issue, NO as suspected it must be the rack internal shaft/collar/pinion or something in there, anyways I've ordered a refurb steering rack with 2 year warranty, hopefully will sort it once and for all.

Can anyone tell me how much power steering fluid a sport takes from dry and we're best to get it. ( I assume the only fluid to get is cold climate fluid) please reply to me I'm starting to get paranoid that no one wants to speak to me Big Cry

Post #473781 Mon Sep 21 2015 8:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Replied on DISCO3. Wink

One bit of advice though, it's best to post in Technical or Maintenance & Mods - tends to be easier to spot. Faults & Fixes is more for documanting known issues and soultions. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #473861 Tue Sep 22 2015 11:06am
Gilly1

Cool, thanks a lot for reply, also that's noted for future. Thanks again. Thumbs Up

Post #473865 Tue Sep 22 2015 11:55am
alpaca

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver
Re: Inner tie rod

Gilly1 wrote:
Hi, was hoping for some advice, I've removed inner tie rods as I was told buy Indy garage that both inner steering rack joints had play in them, (I assumed they meant inner tie rod) on removing them they were easily movable on the knuckles but didn't seem excessive but I'm no expert, I inspected the shaft that the tie rods connect too in steering rack and there is some play in it. Will there be some play in that shaft if everything is disconnected... I've done a short video I will try upload on YouTube and put the link in this comment I said try as I'm a bit useless with computers, Mr. Green Just wanted to no really before I go buy parts and fit them and then find out it was the steering rack.

I'm going to do my tie rods soon - did you need special tool to remove the inner ? Btw , I got cold climate fluid from the gm dealer - similar texaco spec to LR - ac Delco 10-5044 made in Belgium

Post #473887 Tue Sep 22 2015 2:56pm
Gilly1

Hi, no need for special tool, it was surprisingly easy, Just used a large adjustable wrench to undo/do up inner tie rod nut, also count the amount of turns on outer tie Rod when removing to get close when fitting onto new, but will def need wheel alignment once fitted, you probably want brand new but I've got a as new pair inner tie rod if you want for a small fee, only fitted then removed due to fault being steering rack not tie rods. There not expensive anyway but thought I'd ask. 😊

Post #473889 Tue Sep 22 2015 3:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1