RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Bentley Launches the Benteyga!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRSman

United Kingdom 
Bentley Launches the Benteyga!

So who is chopping in their SVR for this beast? Personally I think it's bloody ugly but guess it will grow on us all and sell like hot cakes!

Strange how new cars are always shown in brown shades nowadays!

Post #472562 Wed Sep 09 2015 1:58pm
Fletcher

England 

Love the idea , hate the looks . The vag thing is in the middle but the Bentley bits bolted on the front and rear look dreadful . The inside should be fantastic and quality should be second to none .

Post #472564 Wed Sep 09 2015 2:07pm
BKHK

Australia 

I thought it was a cheesy joke at first. Brand name people will like it but it's no beauty.

Post #472565 Wed Sep 09 2015 2:11pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The tailgate and rear ¾ view is pure Cayenne................. with an XR2 spoiler from one of the addon body kit makers added.... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #472566 Wed Sep 09 2015 2:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Im really liking the look of the Jaguar F-Pace - what a sexy looking car Thumbs Up

Post #472574 Wed Sep 09 2015 3:54pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

It's probably very good but... I have been told it's £250K. If this is right then how much better can it be than a FFRR at £100K? Not much I'd bet. Regards

Malcolm

Post #472576 Wed Sep 09 2015 4:02pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Not for me. But I am sure that the wealthy bling brigade will love it and it will be very soon featuring in the latest pop videos Wink

And not sure that it will take too many sales from the RRS or the FFRR as it must be at least £150 / £160k? I can't see this being priced less than the Continental.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #472577 Wed Sep 09 2015 4:06pm
Maidenmania

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Im really liking the look of the Jaguar F-Pace - what a sexy looking car Thumbs Up
i saw the f pace driving round the solihul factory last Friday ...looked really nice 2008 Factory HST- Sold
Arrived 2016 HSE carpathian grey

Post #472582 Wed Sep 09 2015 4:38pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

malcolmw wrote:
It's probably very good but... I have been told it's £250K. If this is right then how much better can it be than a FFRR at £100K? Not much I'd bet.

According to the item in today's Autocar the price is from £130,000 so not too far from hitting a FFRR where it hurts, but I bet once you start to add a satnav and Bentley quilt seat facings and a few other toys the prices will start to get out of the FFRR's league. I know which one I would sooner have and it isn't the grown up Cayenne............... I don't generally catagorise cars this way but the BentleyAga is too much like "new money" ............... if you want a big luxury SUV then why buy the 2nd best when the best is available for less? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #472584 Wed Sep 09 2015 4:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I was hoping to like it. Hopes dashed.

Lovely inside. But Q7 at best outside. It'll sell like hot cakes though, unless China bombs completely. And good for them too.

The big but, and this applies to all the other pretenders, is that nothing holds a candle to a Range Rover when it gets dirty (not that many do). This is one of the many reasons why I love the SVR. OK, rose-tinted specs help, but is also the reason why I have things like wade sensing on my car. It'll never get used, but reminds me of what the SVR is.

The F-Pace is interesting. But what does that have that a RRS doesn't, other than a heritage of caddish sporty and GT cars? 

Post #472624 Wed Sep 09 2015 9:33pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

Been in my favourite playground of southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland and northern Italy for a couple of weeks and there are a number of the new Q7s about. What a desperately ugly car, and as I understand it, the Bentayga borrows much from that platform. I agree the interior looks good with only the infotainment system continuing to let the SVR down by comparison.

Incidentally, I'm writing this from the V8 hotel at MotorWorld in Boeblingen where there are a number of high end car dealers. Unbelievably, there were more than 30 unregistered Bentleys here last night. Whether that's a sign of Bentley doing well here or the product sticking, I do not know. I never see them on the roads, quite a lot of RRS's though I have not seen another SVR here.

What's important to know is that this made-in-Crewe thing is nonsense. I've seen Bentleys being made in the same factory in Dresden as the unloved VW Pheaton and it would be only a short step for the Bentayga to be made in the same plant as the Q7.

Separately, I visited Mercedes-Benz Sindelfingen, their largest plant, to see the S Class being made. Seeing the side panel of an S Class being pressed every 4 seconds while the ground is trembling under your feet was very impressive. They use the same type of 5 stage press as Land Rover at Solihull (Mueller Weingarten) but they seem to run it at rather higher speeds. Seeing the flat metal sheet being placed just a fraction of a second before 7000 tons is brought to bear did make me wonder what happens when it all goes horribly wrong... Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #472719 Fri Sep 11 2015 6:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1