RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > AutoGlym LifeSHINE System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
AutoGlym LifeSHINE System

I recently purchased my RRS HSE SDV6 and was offered subject detailing package from the dealer. This is quite an expensive process. Has anyone bothered with it? Was it worthwhile?

Cheers,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #471703 Wed Sep 02 2015 9:19am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My last two cars I've had this for free........... TBH the only one of these systems that I found to be any good was Gardex which was still good nealy three years after initial application without using any of the so called "top up" kit supplied. Suggest you try to get it done for free or at reduced price. My current RRS2 has Autoglym Lifeshine, 6 months after delivery it makes no difference to how frequently I have to wash the car and it certainly doesn't make it look any shinier than if it hadn't been treated. I would recommend Gardex if you are going to have to pay full whack for the dubious privilege of having a new car treated. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #471707 Wed Sep 02 2015 9:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

I don't bother with these so called treatments because I'm never confident they are applied properly (or even at all), I can't see any difference.
I've found I get just as good a finish when I dry the car with Autoglym Aquawax.

Post #471710 Wed Sep 02 2015 10:51am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Get a good detailer to go to the dealers & have them do it,,those so called valeters that they use are crap,,go onto http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ & have a browse.
I would never let the valeters that dealers use near my car,i do mine myself using diff cleaning materials.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #471712 Wed Sep 02 2015 11:12am
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

My scepticism was born about 5 years back when I was talked into having it done on my new RRS. after about 3 hand washes by myself noted that the roof was no linger beading in the rain. (easy test in Scotland)
The dealer had it done 'again' after a short debate and it seemed better but never lived up to the hype in my oppinion.

Post #471963 Fri Sep 04 2015 11:49am
JOCK55

Thanks for your observations, gentlemen. I have contacted my dealer and rejected their offer and will now be taking the car to a local Valeter/Detailer for the full works for half the price of the dealer's treatment. The local service does not come with a "lifetime" guarantee, but what is that worth at the end of the day???? Not a lot, I suspect.

Am really enjoying the new car!!

Thanks for your helpful comments.

All the best,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #472043 Fri Sep 04 2015 7:16pm
kungfupanda79

United Kingdom 

There's a new generation of nano sealants which have been around for the last couple of years. One of the best is Gtechniq. Some of the stuff is available to buy from detailing sites but it's all in the application. Have google to see if there are any accredited dealers near you. They do a complete range of interior, paintwork, wheel and glass stuff.

Post #472157 Sun Sep 06 2015 4:29am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The "going rate" for these finishes at dealers seems to be in the £400 to £600 region.............. you can buy all the products that they use either from Halfords or online and they certainly don't cost that sort of price. If you really want to have the paintwork sealed then £600 will get you a miles better job done at an accredited detailing outlet than will ever get you at the dealership's prepping bay. And often at the delearship's prepping bay you will get other "no cost" paint finishes......... dealers "valeters" are such experts in adding swirl marks to the plastic pillar trims it makes me wonder if there isn't a training division at the factory where dealers send their prepping teams to learn specially how to do it................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #472167 Sun Sep 06 2015 7:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

The Autoglym range is good, but its far from the best

It would cost a whole lot more than £600 to buy all the different products that the detailers use, but will last much longer than 1 application, and it would look good, but for it to be stunning, it's best left to the pros Thumbs Up

Post #472169 Sun Sep 06 2015 7:56am
Disco_Mikey

This was my effort after a full day of claying, polishing, sealing and waxing with Autoglym

Not turning out so well uploading them to the forum first...

[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #472170 Sun Sep 06 2015 8:02am
JOCK55

Wow Mikey, your time and efforts really paid off.

I have no ambitions of getting the car to concours condition, but just wanted to get rid of all the swirls and wax blemishes that remained since the car was "dewaxed" following delivery to the dealer.

As it was the same people that had brought the car to its current condition I was not keen on paying them to apply the same (low) standard to the Autoglym treatment. Local professional valeting/detailing service has guaranteed to get the finish smooth, shiny and durable for half the cost the dealer wants to charge for the Autoglym treatment applied by an apprentice! Will let you know the result tomorrow when it will spend the day with the valet.

Post #472185 Sun Sep 06 2015 11:45am
Disco_Mikey

Thanks, though when I bought it, it looked like this...
Would have struggled to make it look any worse Laughing

Post #472665 Thu Sep 10 2015 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1