RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Dumb question... Rear seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NickR

United Kingdom 
Dumb question... Rear seats

Sorry for asking a dumb question but it's driving me mad!

How do you recline the rear seats so that there is not a gap between the seat top back and the boot cover? I know how to fold them forward etc but that leaves at least 2+ inches gap when they click back up into place.

Thanks!

Post #469742 Thu Aug 06 2015 11:36pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Lever at the side of the base. - https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/s...amp;page=1 

Post #469743 Fri Aug 07 2015 12:21am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Lever at the side of the base

Yes but even with the seats in the raked back position, there's still a gap between the back of the seats and the boot cover, at least in my car. I find it irritating too and a poor piece of design

Post #469874 Sat Aug 08 2015 9:56pm
NickR

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys. Sounds like what mikef has commented. I'd hoped to push them back enough to get rid of the gap to the cover, but maybe that's not possible.

Post #469895 Sun Aug 09 2015 9:19am
mikef

United Kingdom 

DRDILL wrote:
Do you have the 2 seats in the boot? There is a lever under the front of the seat the slides it forward and back

No I didn't specify the rear seats on my car because I don't need them. I didn't realise until I took delivery of the car that this means that the middle seats don't get the fore/aft adjustment which is why on cars without the rear seats there is the gap between the middle seats and the boot cover. As I said before, this is a shoddy piece of design by L-R on a £70k+ vehicle and also a mean bit of pennypiching. The legroom for the middle seats isn't great on the L494 and they would benefit from having some rearward adjustment irrespective of whether the rear seats are fitted. Also that gap between the boot cover and the middle seats makes the contents of the boot visible to any low life who looks carefully enough. I regularly carry an expensive set of golf clubs in the boot of my RRS and they are visible through the gap

Post #469921 Sun Aug 09 2015 1:16pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

There is a 1.5 inch gap on the SVR. 

Post #469936 Sun Aug 09 2015 4:07pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Quote:

I dont quite understand then, i dont have the rear seats and i dont have a gap between the load cover and the rear seats

I see your RRS is an Autobiography whereas mine is an HSE. My car was delivered in Nov 2014. Not sure whether that makes it M/Y 14.5 or 15 like yours. Could there be a difference in spec as a result because I definitely don't have the fore/aft adjustment and I definitely do have the gap?

Post #469937 Sun Aug 09 2015 4:15pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Mine is a 15.5 i think, latest engine, and has now had a new throttle body and software update and hopefully i shall get back wednesday, 6 weeks after breaking down

Sorry to hear that. Are you expecting the throttle body/software update to improve the slow speed throttle response?

Post #470003 Mon Aug 10 2015 8:57am
Renaco

Germany 

All "turbo-diesel" engines are with the same problem (some more, some less), at low rpm (from start), they dont react good enough, especially with heavy cars like ours. The software can help a bit, but at the end they never can start up like the V8s, as the needed torque is created from 1.200 rmp upwards, thats the missing "second" we feel...

Try the Hybrid, I had before the SDV6. The Hybrid is another World, it starts superquick (as the 170nm of the electric engine are coevering perfect the lak of SDV6 power at low rpm, so it jumps from the traffic sign like a V8supercharged, better as the SDV8.

More fun, less fuel... Wink

Post #470016 Mon Aug 10 2015 12:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1