RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Gentle offroad jaunts in the Central Belt of Scotland
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Gentle offroad jaunts in the Central Belt of Scotland

If anybody in Central Scotland (or further afield if prepared to travel or are coming here on holiday) fancies some very gentle offroad runs on private shooting and closed Forestry Commission/ Hydroboard/ Waterboard roads around Central Scotland then there is a club that will cater for you with non-damaging (unless you are very unfortuante!) runs that require no special adaptations to any Land Rover product from a Freelander 1 through to a FFRR Autobiograpghy and every kind of modified LR between then The Scottish Green Road Club welcomes new members on their runs - you can apply in advance or print off the membership application form and bring it along to a run out. It costs £20 for a LIFETIME membership and between £10 and £20 for each run to cover the costs of paying the landowners something for access. Routes visit such locations as the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park closed roads that lead down to Loch Lomondside at the foot of Ben Lomond, the private roads of a Deer Ranch near Balquidder, private Hydro Board roads in several locations in Argyll - Glen Shira, Loch Sloy, (both with visits to the Pump Storage generation houses and sometime even to drive INSIDE the dams and numerous locations behind locked gates in the Killin area. You car will get dirty and sometimes the conditions will be a test for OEM tyres but we have never left anyone behind on a hillside yet! Take a look at the galleries on the home page of the website http://www.scotgrc.co.uk/site_map.htm TURN DOWN THE VOLUME ON YOUR SPEAKERS IF YOU DON'T LIKE BAGPIPE MUSIC if visiting the club homepage! The idea of the club is to get Land Rover owners who normally wouldn't want to take their vehicles (which may be needed for work/ school runs and may be the only car in the household) to enjoy getting out in the not too wild parts of the countryside and enjoy using their car off the normal roads if they want. Usually there is somewhere where those who fancy trying something more exciting on each run to get serious mud in their wheel arches and entertain those who don't want to spend too much time washing off their car afterward.

The club also has a sub-club that all members are automatically a member of that runs training days on farm land in the Central Belt for those who would like to try something more challenging than a Forest Fire Road. Proper tyres are reommended but there are always a few folks only too happy to play with a winch to help get you out if you get stuck! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #458181 Sat Apr 04 2015 9:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1