RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > LPG????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

johnunleashed

2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

Hello I thought I would comment on this , I have a 4.2 sc on LPG. first off I run my own garage so have an understanding of car's ,I looked into converting my car asked about and was told lots of information , about don't do it do ,do it , The most common story is the valve seats burn out , due to gas not having a lubricate in it .Ive seen car's last up to 30.000 miles with no lube system and cars with a lot more miles on them with the lube system .so I went for it , The car runs great on gas no problems no power loss,I also pull a caravan with it ,please don't laugh, I have the lube kit fitted its the ecu type .I get about 14mpg on gas on days my foot does not drop lol. Just a note for the people who say if you cant run it on petrol then you should not have one ,why I ask you it cost me half as much to run on lpg but I get all the fun ,and what I save running it goes on the family ,and if the worst comes and the vales need doing in 40.000 miles then so be it . I just thought I would put this down for people who where looking at getting there car done , not for the people who where not .Just make sure the person who fits the kit is good at there job , go to the garage and speak to them first .Hope that helps some people 2007 SUPERCHARGED HST

Post #439137 Sun Oct 12 2014 9:33am
gazzc

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

mine had a brc lube kit fitted and after around 15k it started misfiring on start up for a few seconds,after spending a fortune on special plugs etc etc it turned out to be valve seat recession ,total mileage on car was 72k,sold it to a mechanic who straight away took off the lpg ..put me off gas for life. silverRRS 2.7 TDV6 22"WHEELS FULL COLOUR CODE,STEPS,REMAP..gone
Rimini red rrs 2.7 tdv6 steps. Full c code. Recon engine!!loved but!gone ,thank god !!
Gone rr sport supercharged. Loved but 11mpg !!!
current,triumph stag mk2...current bmw 325 sport convertible

Post #439191 Sun Oct 12 2014 6:50pm
johnunleashed

Quote:
i have owned 3 lpg rr and all Censored up big time

looks like you had a lot of bad luck ,having had 3 range rover's on LPG
 2007 SUPERCHARGED HST

Post #439198 Sun Oct 12 2014 8:53pm
gazzc

hence the reason i would never own another lpg ....only buy a rrs supercharged when you can afford to run one silverRRS 2.7 TDV6 22"WHEELS FULL COLOUR CODE,STEPS,REMAP..gone
Rimini red rrs 2.7 tdv6 steps. Full c code. Recon engine!!loved but!gone ,thank god !!

Post #439201 Sun Oct 12 2014 9:44pm
johnunleashed

Rolling with laughter 2007 SUPERCHARGED HST

Post #439204 Sun Oct 12 2014 9:57pm
gazzc

Rolling Eyes silverRRS 2.7 TDV6 22"WHEELS FULL COLOUR CODE,STEPS,REMAP..gone

Post #439212 Sun Oct 12 2014 10:46pm
ian-r

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Had mine on LPG for 2.5 k miles, BRC system with the electronic lube system. No noticeable difference in performance after a good set up and I can get 230 miles out of a tank of gas (£42) with combined journey. Had a trip to Whitby and back from Nottingham and cost around £45 for the return journey. That was motorway and twisted with some right foot.

For me, I read as many positive experiences as I did negative, from speaking to others I run my supercharged on the same fuel budget as what some do with a 2ltr Astra / focus. I think you need a good installer though has it is quite a complex job on these.

If anyone has specific questions about the system / install / running costs I'm happy to give an unbiased answer here or in pm. Quite a lot of info especially with the install and things to get right as learned by me and the installer

Post #439897 Sun Oct 19 2014 11:09am
ian-r

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Forgot to add, I had a test drive in the 4.4 and diesel but they don't compare to the supercharged. This is by far the best car I have owned.

Post #439899 Sun Oct 19 2014 11:10am
johnunleashed

Thumbs Up 2007 SUPERCHARGED HST

Post #439907 Sun Oct 19 2014 12:40pm
WindelPoones

England 

the_big_1 wrote:
Here are some figures, please feel free to rip them apart Very Happy

4.2 SC = petrol 17 mpg ( good day )
4.2 SC = LPG 11 mpg

300 miles per month

Petrol standard

300 miles ~ 17 mpg = 17.65 gallons
17.65 gallons x 4.5 = 79.4 litres.
79.4 litres at £1.35 per litre = £107.19

LPG

300 miles ~ 11 mpg = 27.27 gallons
27.27 gallons x 4.5 = 122.71 litres
122.71 at £0.63 per litre = £77.30

Difference is £29.89 per month saving on LPG.

£2500 LPG conversion cost ~ £29.89 per month = 83.64 months to break even
That's 7 years???u

Thanks for posting such a detailed report of your Petrol V LPG usage. Remarkably the figures almost mirror my own Petrol V LPG albeit with a series 5 3.0 litre BMW. However that said I am referring to short runs around town, with lots of stops and starts. Are the figures you quote for short journeys only?

Now conversely if I use my BMW for long uninterrupted runs on LPG, i.e. motorways on cruise control set at around 60 mph. I regularly get the equivalent of 49 to 53 mpg. If I do the same on petrol my consumption is about half of that at approx. 25 to 27 mpg.

My results are from keeping long term records of consumption over a six year period. My conclusion is that LPG only really comes into its own on long runs and then at more or less constant engine speeds.

When I bought the car it had already been converted and over the time of my ownership the money saved has more than covered my original cost of purchasing the car in the first place.

I would be interested to know if your consumption improves on long journeys.

Post #450654 Sun Feb 01 2015 10:03am
steve2026

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

ian-r wrote:
Had mine on LPG for 2.5 k miles, BRC system with the electronic lube system. No noticeable difference in performance after a good set up and I can get 230 miles out of a tank of gas (£42) with combined journey. Had a trip to Whitby and back from Nottingham and cost around £45 for the return journey. That was motorway and twisted with some right foot.

For me, I read as many positive experiences as I did negative, from speaking to others I run my supercharged on the same fuel budget as what some do with a 2ltr Astra / focus. I think you need a good installer though has it is quite a complex job on these.

If anyone has specific questions about the system / install / running costs I'm happy to give an unbiased answer here or in pm. Quite a lot of info especially with the install and things to get right as learned by me and the installer

Be very interested in your comments about the install and what to watch out/check for. 2005 Vesuvius 1st edition ( now sadly gone ).

Post #453406 Sun Feb 22 2015 4:51pm
Nigt3

I run one and have done since it had 28k on the clock it now has 140k on the computer clock no probe running at all

Post #454038 Fri Feb 27 2015 7:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12