RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > ARC BAR - Help Help Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Nav01

United Kingdom 
ARC BAR - Help Help Help

Just received a call from the dealer informing me that the reason my vehicle is leaning on the near front side is because it needs a new ARC BAR. The dealer informs me that the part is £1200 and will require 3 hours labour. Surely it should be the bushes that have come loose/worn. These are rubber mounts that fasten the bar to the vehicle? Help advise needed.

Post #449393 Thu Jan 22 2015 5:10pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Is the ARC the Hydraulic anti roll bar Shocked I recently had the drop links and anti roll bar D bushes replaced. I don't have the ARC on mine.

Post #449396 Thu Jan 22 2015 5:36pm
PEACHY

England 

Shocked you really are having a run of bad luck - according to LRtopix the repair time is about right Sad still a Censored Big Cry 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #449397 Thu Jan 22 2015 6:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nav01

United Kingdom 

but why do I need the bar replaced surely all I need to have replaced is arc bar bushes/clamps and bolts due to wear???
Don't you think the dealership are trying it on?

Post #449399 Thu Jan 22 2015 6:42pm
PEACHY

England 

Bodsy or Disco Mikey should be able to answer that Crying or Very sad - in theory I'd agree but who knows with these bloody things Big Cry 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #449400 Thu Jan 22 2015 6:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nav01

United Kingdom 

Got home just checked the Visual Health sheet from Guy Salmon in Knutsford Manchester in amber it states suspension front REQS FRONT ARC BAR BUSHS/CLAMPS/BOLTS DUE WORN. I think Hadley Grange Barnet are just trying it on making a £250 job into £1500 job.

Post #449402 Thu Jan 22 2015 6:53pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

The car is leaning, as in, it sits low on one corner?

The ARB has no effect on ride heights...

Post #449403 Thu Jan 22 2015 6:55pm
Nav01

United Kingdom 
FAO: Disco_Mikey some background mate

Since a compressor change I have noticed that the vehicle leans towards the passenger side further more on the near side front. the Few days ago received I received a call from a service adviser that they would like to charge £130+vat for looking at the problem any further. As they had that they carried out the bag leak test and removed the unit overnight then put it back in
I have warranty would this not be covered?
I kicked up a fuss and managed to speak to the Workshop Manager who seems to be a reasonable chap, and promised to correct the problem free of charge.
Didn’t hear any for a few days, call the dealership and was told that they would work on it the following day, several days later I managed to speak to the workshop manager he told me that they had proceeded to recalibrate the suspension however they had force it to calibrate correctly. It was complete and the vehicle was level all round happy days the vehicle would be deliver to me in the next hour. Upon delivery the vehicle was parked on drive was leaning on to the near side further more leaning on the near side front. At my disgust the driver said this was not acceptable and would like to take the vehicle back to the dealership. Before he went I got the measuring tape out to take some measurements as I believed it was exactly the same:
Near side front 2inch gap between top of tyre and wheel arch
Driver side front 5inch gap between top of tyre and wheel arch
Near side rear 4inch gap between top of tyre and wheel arch
Driver side rear 4.5inch gap between top of tyre and wheel arch

Received a call from the workshop manager saying that something must be forcing the vehicle to readjust to the bad settings, potentially I could be looking at serious costs to get it resolved.
Haven’t heard anything since called dealership and later received an email from the workshop manager stating that they had logged a call with the factory as they can’t understand why the vehicle defaults back to the wrong suspension setting. Furthermore now they would like to start charging to find the problem and would like me to authorise two hours of labour at a reduced cost at £100 per hour. What do you guys think?

Did some research after a long day at work on the forum it seems that the fault could like with the corner valve block? The vehicle is MY2010 model with 34000 miles on it any opinions? I have emailed this over to the workshop manager.

Post #449405 Thu Jan 22 2015 7:02pm
PEACHY

England 

^^^ pm sent Thumbs Up ^^^^^ 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #449406 Thu Jan 22 2015 7:09pm
Nav01

United Kingdom 

Yes the above measurements have been taken when in normal ride hide, and yes it also lower on one corner when in access mode.

Post #449407 Thu Jan 22 2015 7:09pm
Nav01

United Kingdom 

cheers Peachy

Post #449408 Thu Jan 22 2015 7:11pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

I'd be looking at a faulty height sensor...

Post #449410 Thu Jan 22 2015 7:50pm
Nav01

United Kingdom 

Hi All
Just to update after I think five weeks I may be getting my car back today, the ARC bar has been replaced, warranty Wise would not pay out as they sent out an engineer who claimed that the ARC bar had seized. Land Rover claim that the part has failed, Warranty Wise are not interested at all they believe that the part has seized and seized parts are not covered. Bought the part from Dan at Duckworth's for close to 1k. Hadley Wood decided to up their labour charge to £160+ vat per hour. However a lot of screaming and shouting they decided to drop the charge to £100+vat.
Warranty runs out in a few weeks, I'm actually concerned what could go wrong next, thinking to myself shall I sell it or keep it and get a Land Rover warranty.

Post #452040 Tue Feb 10 2015 1:21pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

1. Bit Censored of the warranty co. to pull that trick
2. Very Censored of the garage to up their hourly rate but why are we not surprised?
3. If you can get the LR warranty to cover the vehicle then go for it. On 4-5 year old vehicle it should cover just about everything. Mine has paid out more each year than it has cost - including replacing the rear dynamic ARB when it started leaking like a sieve. Didn't pay out for wishbone bushes though. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #452153 Tue Feb 10 2015 10:33pm
Bladeboy

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Another plug for warranty direct. They are just about to pay for 50% of an alternator plus the labour to fit it. They have paid about £1000 this year on a £650 warranty.

Post #452161 Tue Feb 10 2015 11:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1