Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Asda Charity Event Bruntingthorpe 09/08/14
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Asda Charity Event Bruntingthorpe 09/08/14

Short notice i know, but is anyone going?

http://www.on-your-marks.info/

Its not a public event, but special invite only. A bit more information here.

http://www.on-your-marks.info/?page_id=29

Post #432418 Tue Aug 05 2014 8:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

What a day, fantastic, the choice of vehicles to play in was endless. Very Happy Sports cars, supercars, classic cars, rally cars 4x4 vehicles, JCB tractors, HGV vehicles. Loads of events going on throughout the day including air shows. One event i think we should arange a forum meet at next year. Thumbs Up

A sample of just a few of them here...

Post #432805 Sun Aug 10 2014 10:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Sorry, didn't see your original post until just now

I was there taking punters out in my Supercharged VX220. Thumbs Up

It's a well supported event all about raising funds for various cancer charities. Taking out the seriously ill kids just after lunch was a real choker when one got in the car and said "I don't have to pay for the ride because I've got cancer." He was 8 years old Crying or Very sad

Ended up with a large chip in the windscreen and a broken fog light from stones on the track but well worth the bit of hassle in getting it repaired just to see the fun the kids were having.

Anyone who wants to go next year it is a good family day out. You pay £5 for a passenger ride in any of the vehicles operating from the car arena (some real exocita there as well, Lambos, Ferraris and McLarens), or the opportunity to drive a lorry or JCB around the outer circuit. Also plenty of demonstrations from stunt planes, bikes etc

Post #432832 Mon Aug 11 2014 8:43am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

Hi Paul, i wish i'd of known before now Banging Head I would have come over to meet you. As you say, its a fantastic event for a worthy cause. I was stood watching the kids going out in the cars and the look on their faces was priceless. Very Happy I had quite a few laps out on the track and as you say, its a rough track with a few too many little stones being thrown up from the car infront, nevertheless, it was a great day. Thumbs Up

Post #432836 Mon Aug 11 2014 9:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1