RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > GAP Diagnostic– new products / update announcement 12/2013
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

PaulHH

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

This definitely looks like the tool for me and even more now that is going to be able to connect to a really reliable PC as in my iPad, can't imagine there being a better screen than an iPad mini for portability and speed of boot up.
Am I right in saying that the price doubles for the Bluetooth version?, have to start saving. 2006 Supercharged

Post #406219 Sun Dec 15 2013 9:21am
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 

drdelrrs wrote:
Lots and lots of claims here.

I have an Iphone, an Android phone, and Andriod pad, hordes of Windows laptops and PC's but now it looks as if I'd need to buy an Ipad.

What I'd like to see is a table of functionality by equipment type i.e. Windows laptop, Anrdoid systems and Apple machine.

Not only claims... Razz
Check around FullFatRR.com or Disco3.co.uk or numerous other forums. Our record speaks for itself.

You do not need a table of functionality by device; the devices are only used to control the IIDTool. As such, each device provides the same functionality on the vehicle. You can use the Integrated Interface (hence IIDTool - cruise switchgear and info display in the cluster) and have exactly the same Fault read/clear, live values, service routines, CCF functions as with the iOS app.

Oh, and because we have been asked elsewhere - apps are free.

The "big app" providing the additional display possibilities, graphic functions, quick links to service routines, etc is only available for iOS via bluetooth at the moment. A basic controller app is available for iOS, Android, and Win - with Mac coming.

As far as prices go: our distributor, Britpart, allows their dealers to make their own prices and we are asked not to name dealers (favoritism). You can google IIDTool BT + price and should get numerous hits on the first several pages. 
gap-diagnostic.com

Post #406246 Sun Dec 15 2013 4:16pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

So, (if I understand your note correctly) as far as pricing goes and support the actually responsibility is not with you or Britpart but the 3rd in-line retail dealer since you sell to Britpart, they sell to a dealer, dealer sells to us ! if you each just take 10% that's added 33.3%. What exactly does Britpart add to the party?

From what I can glean the retailers aren't particularly 'expert' in electronic diagnostic equipment so support is (contractually) at arms length from yourselves - even though I recognise you seem to have a good reputation for support.

Since you have a website all set up and its so easy have you not considered selling direct and saving us all a bunch Thumbs Up

Post #406267 Sun Dec 15 2013 7:45pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

To save any of you as interested as me and hunting the web for prices this is wha I've found on for the Disco 3, 4, FFRR and one for the RRS listed by a dealer (I've have no connection and never dealt with them or Britpart)

http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/diagnostics-wo..._3260.html

Interesting they state the manufacturer as Britpart !

Disco 3; DA 6410 Bluetooth £320, DA 6405 £225,
Disco 4; DA 6408 Bluetooth £320, DA 6406 £265,
RR L322: DA 6412 Bluetooth £320, DA6401 £225
RR Sport DA 6403 £225.

I guess the Bluetooth for the Sport is likely to be around £320 as well.

Hopefully, if I'm wrong, Gap won't be breaking any rules if they correct the info.

Post #406272 Sun Dec 15 2013 8:07pm
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 

drdelrrs wrote:
So, (if I understand your note correctly) as far as pricing goes and support the actually responsibility is not with you or Britpart but the 3rd in-line retail dealer since you sell to Britpart, they sell to a dealer, dealer sells to us ! if you each just take 10% that's added 33.3%. What exactly does Britpart add to the party?

From what I can glean the retailers aren't particularly 'expert' in electronic diagnostic equipment so support is (contractually) at arms length from yourselves - even though I recognise you seem to have a good reputation for support.

Since you have a website all set up and its so easy have you not considered selling direct and saving us all a bunch Thumbs Up

Hi drdel,
Economics 101? Laughing

Price:
What Britpart adds - aside from a very sound retail, logistics, marketing, etc infrastructure - is economies of scale. We are a small manufacturer. We can either sell a few units at a high price through our own channels or we sell larger numbers at a lower price - which is the route we've chosen. Trust me, you are paying much less this way than if we had to try to recoup our investments through our very own webshop. The functionality that the IIDTool offers would have cost 4-5 times as much (at a minimum) just 1 1/2 years ago.

Support:
We provide all support. You are absolutely right in that a retailer can not provide support for products such as this. Please see the bottom of the sticker on the IIDTool below:

All our literature carries the same info: support gap-diagnostic.com . We do our best to make the IIDTool as user friendly as possible. But despite our best efforts, vehicle diagnostics is a highly technical field and there are thousands of variables to deal with. There will be glitches along the way regardless of how much development and testing we do. So we have to provide solid support to make sure nobody is left unhappy. This is why we took the extra time and space to add the paragraph on"our commitment" in the posts above.

Pricing is up to the individual retailers but should be the same as for the D3 and D4. 
gap-diagnostic.com

Post #406318 Mon Dec 16 2013 9:00am
WolfgangK

Germany 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze
IIDTool

Hello,
I tested the IIDTool, BT, with a Samsung Note3. It works fine.

Regards

Wolfgang 2012 RRS SDV6, Pan European ST 1300
gone : Audi A6 Allroad, Toyota LC HJ 61,
Honda CB 750 Four

Post #410909 Fri Jan 24 2014 10:38am
stevemfr
Site Sponsor

France 

Hi Wolfgang,
Danke Dir! Nur noch kurz: Android 4.3?

Wewill post a list of confirmed Android devices shortly. Most of the bigger name Cells such as the Nexus or Samsungs with BLE hardware have been confirmed when running Android 4.3 or >.

It would be interesting to see some of the smaller brands / generic Android devices confirmed. Not many of our users seem to have those, tho. Smile Or there are not that many with BLE / Bluetooth 4.0 hardware in use yet... 
gap-diagnostic.com

Post #412602 Wed Feb 05 2014 9:42am
WolfgangK

Germany 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Hello Steve,
yes it`s Android 4.3

Regards
WolfgangK 2012 RRS SDV6, Pan European ST 1300
gone : Audi A6 Allroad, Toyota LC HJ 61,
Honda CB 750 Four

Post #412739 Thu Feb 06 2014 7:54am
PatGapInnov

Canada 

Hi Guys

As you may already know, we have been working on the next firmware release, V3.0, for the IIDTool and new App version.

First of all, we want to thank all our beta testers for your help and our customers for your patience. It is because of your involvement that both the App and firmware are what they are today. Thumbs Up

This new firmware platform is the beginning of a new phase of development that will allow us to expand the capabilities and vehicle coverage more quickly. This App is now stable enough to be released from beta and development will continue. The Android App V2.0 is progressing well and it should enter the beta phase in a few weeks. Also, development of the IIDTool Pro is now well under way.

The new firmware is now available for your IIDTool BT and includes the following new features (will be available for non BT units shortly):

• Supports App V2.2 (now on App Store)
• Additional calibration functions (steering angle, transfer box)
• ECU Re-flashing (Bluetooth added)
• New VIN lock policy:

Standard diagnostic functions (IIDTool BT: free of charge on any supported vehicles, L322, L319 and L320)
• Fault read / clear
• Live values
• Control outputs
• Service / test functions

Enhanced diagnostic functions (one free VIN, extra VINs are available from your Britpart dealer at around 60 GBP):
• ECU Re-flash
• Component and system calibration (steering angle sensor calibration etc)
• Advanced functions including backup / restore, save profiles – vehicle system settings and
configurations are read and stored as a backup file for a restore function, various changes
to systems (e.g. suspension height) can be stored and changed quickly

We are looking for beta testers to help us validate the Nav On Move enabling procedure for the IIDTool BT (entering a destination while the vehicle is moving). This will also work on North American vehicles. Please contact us for more details at GAPTeam at gap-diagnostic.com.

As always, your feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/

Post #427827 Fri Jun 20 2014 11:00pm
wireworld

United Kingdom 

Can I assume that any new unit bought can be immediately updated to v3.0 regardless of the version it ships with and are there any hardware differences on BT versions already in the supply chain?

Post #427935 Sun Jun 22 2014 8:59am
PatGapInnov

Canada 

Hi Wireworld

Quote:
Can I assume that any new unit bought can be immediately updated to v3.0 regardless of the version it ships with
That would be correct, it can be updated immediately. The hardware for the IIDTool BT are all the same.

Cheers http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/

Post #428366 Wed Jun 25 2014 5:35pm
fjanssen

Belgium 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I hope live values for the TDV8 will come soon.. and when possible EGR disabling Wink

And compliments for the prompt replay to my emails

Post #428419 Wed Jun 25 2014 11:21pm
PatGapInnov

Canada 

Live Values, they will!

Unfortunately, disabling the EGRs is a bit more complex. There are 2 other possibilities:
-Re-flash the engine ECU with a modified firmware that does not register a fault when the EGR are blanked.
-Add an EGR emulator or simulator

For the moment, we do not offer any of those solutions but if you look around, I believe others do. http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/

Post #428485 Thu Jun 26 2014 2:41pm
fjanssen

Belgium 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Okay thanks for the solution about the EGR's..

Post #428533 Thu Jun 26 2014 7:17pm
PatGapInnov

Canada 

Thumbs Up http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/

Post #428534 Thu Jun 26 2014 7:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>