RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Big Fuelling Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

jdgeary1

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Latest news from Land Rover is something to do with metal non return pipes from the fuel tank, not sure what they are, but apparently they have only ever encountered 3 vehicles with some kind of a problem with them. Next job is to change whatever they are and see if they cures the issue.

Post #389789 Wed Jul 24 2013 2:21pm
normark

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi mate I have just encountered this problem with my RRS and it seems the dealers have nt got a clue
2nd time in now and no further forward How did you get on with yours??

Post #395321 Tue Sep 17 2013 9:30pm
jdgeary1

Having a total nightmare, 4 months now and still no closer. I am taking the garage to court I bought it from at the moment for a full refund, although they are suppose to also be getting it to a main dealer to look at.

Post #395359 Wed Sep 18 2013 10:54am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Coxylad wrote:
If you take your car to a garage to be fixed and they change a part that didn't need changing because they got it wrong why should you have to pay for it??

When they finally find the problem and fix it then you pay just for that bit.

You are paying for there training

That is my view also Confused Shouldn't have to pay for bits you dont need

Post #395360 Wed Sep 18 2013 11:03am
normark

jdgeary1 wrote:
Having a total nightmare, 4 months now and still no closer. I am taking the garage to court I bought it from at the moment for a full refund, although they are suppose to also be getting it to a main dealer to look at.

Hope I dont have to go down that road although I was reading on one of these threads about going for a refund or replacement for a vehicle being unfit for purpose.
Im waiting for a call from them now. I was going to suggest I pay them anything I owe them in 12 months time if I dont bring it back within that time with the same problems.
and although I have it under warrenty should i keep paying for diagnostics ? especially if it obvously cannot tell them the fault.
Hope you gets yours sorted soon, If you do suceed in your refund I may need some tips. all the best.

Post #395386 Wed Sep 18 2013 4:33pm
jdgeary1

Mine is under warranty, the issue has been that they cannot find the fault to solve the problem.

Tried so many things so far, new fuel pumps, injectors checked, fuel tank out and cleaned, fuel lines all checked, electrics all checked, re crimped etc etc. Still no end in sight.

I am done with Range Rovers, given that they have even had the top tech bod at Land Rover working on it as well.

Post #395403 Wed Sep 18 2013 7:51pm
jdgeary1

Who did you buy it from out of interest?

Post #395404 Wed Sep 18 2013 7:52pm
normark

had the phone call earlier having a long road trials today and one more test in the morning then its ready to pick up. great I thought "what was wrong with it I ask" Nothing sir we cannot find anything wrong.
So its just a matter of time Before its back in again I reckon.
sounds like we are in the same boat -I bought it at Hunters Southampton,

Post #395407 Wed Sep 18 2013 8:03pm
normark

Got my RRS back this afternoon seems ok but have not been on a long run yet Thats tomorrow, away all weekend so it will be a good test.if it happens again I dont know what to do as I believed the Guy at the dealership was really genuine when he told me theyve tested everything possible and come up with nothing
I Hate to say this as we love the RRS so much but once more and we will be looking at another Merc

Post #395515 Thu Sep 19 2013 6:51pm
normark

well we did go away last week and the car lasted about 60 miles and another car rental was needed for the weekend whilst my car was taken back to the garage again. we got back to find they are carrying out more tests and kindly gave us a brand new RRS in return of our hire car. I was then imformed they have fitted a new ECU and was going to keep it to run some miles up on it,well second day of trials and its gone again while one of the bosses was driving it so they are now pulling their hair as to what it could be. I must say though I am being treated very well by them with the new RRS for as long as it takes,but I just want mine back-Working

Post #396408 Fri Sep 27 2013 7:39pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Surely if neither Land Rover's own staff or their authorised dealers can repair your car to a satisfactory level where it performs as it should and its less than about 6 years old you are entitled to expect it to be replaced or fair financial contribution

Post #396503 Sat Sep 28 2013 1:47pm
normark

I hope I do not have to go along those lines, trying to get my money back or a another RRS like for like will probably be a lot of Hassle which I really could do without.They now think its a fuel problem. so we will have to see the outcome, but all the time they are trying I am driving around in their brand new RRS -Is there a catch somewhere that Im missing?

Post #396711 Mon Sep 30 2013 9:13pm
DK3000AR

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Any updates on this?

Sounds like you are having the exact issues that I do. My fault code is P0087 and have tried everything I can. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of taking to a dealer as I am in very remote Africa.

Post #398972 Fri Oct 18 2013 10:01pm
normark

still have not sorted the problem out. they have had my RRS in their garage for about three weeks now and its almost at a stage where they were going to give me another car like for like until one of them decided to try fitting a new fuel pump as a last result. so now they are test driving it for a week
I will let you know the results as soon as I have them.

Post #399075 Sat Oct 19 2013 10:32pm
jdgeary1

Latest update:

6 months on and the car is still not fixed. However, it seems to have come to light from speaking to various people that its becoming a more common fault.

Rover Tune have done everything to the best of their abilities in deal with the problem and have spent so many hours that they haven't billed me for, to try and fix what seems to be a problem that is starting to rear its ugly head, that Land Rover themselves cannot even repair.

Now, I tried to book this car into a main dealer yesterday, the reply was, no we will not take it. We have two more cars with the same problem and at this moment in time Land Rover have no idea what the problem is and have never been able to solve it to date.

Now that's scary, given the manufacturer cannot even repair their own cars.

I spent most of the day yesterday calling various dealers, I have finally found one who will take the car and get it into their system. I cant wait to see the outcome from this, so hoping it will go over there next week.

I would even bother with Land Rover customer care, I put the phone down on them yesterday in the end. They told me that they cant do much without a technical case being raised, I explained that how the hell do I do that when I Land Rover refuse to take the car because they cannot fix it?

What a total Joke!!!!

Anyway, looking forward to this dealership getting the car, they sounded confident on the phone, but knowing what Rover Tune have done and how much work and time they have invested in it, along with various people within Land Rover, I am kind of smiling thinking, just you wait........

Post #399764 Fri Oct 25 2013 11:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>