RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Pulled By Police
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

hunter

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black

This is ridiculous...slight window tints just arnt dangerous, Should people be charged for talking to a passenger? changing a radio station? Adjusting a seat or rear view mirror whilst driving? eating a kitkat? no of course not although all could result in a driving without due care and attention charge. The whole point was my window tints are very slight, supplied by LR and pose no real world danger to anyone. I don't believe i should be charged for driving a car with factory fitted glass. This sort of action results in the normal public losing respect for the police when they use no common sense or descretion in how they carry out their duties. The police continually bang on about wanting the support of the public and then do their upmost to allianate the people they are supposed to serve. Gone but not forgotten, 2005 RRS SC first edition, BMW 2010 Z4,TVR Tamora, TVR Cerb, MERC SL 55 AMG, E46 M3, Z4, Jag S type R, Skyline R33 GTR 640 bhp, Evo FQ 400, L322 RR, X5, Lotus Esprit V8 twin turbo, Lotus Elise 135r, Nissan Murano, Honda S2000, 911, Boxster s...and a few more

Post #397465 Mon Oct 07 2013 8:09am
rigpig100

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Santorini Black

I find it very hard to believe that L/R would not have tested their window tints before fitting them.
best get your windows re-checked mate.
Cheers
Bob

Post #397470 Mon Oct 07 2013 8:58am
HICKY555

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Alaska White

My tints were done by previous owner and the quality is that good I can't tell if they are film or not Shocked RANGE ROVER SPORT 2008
White is the new Black

Post #397472 Mon Oct 07 2013 9:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

DRDILL wrote:
Hunter - your first call should be to Landrover and have the glass checked to see if has been altered in any way to what was fitted from new. Only then if it is original can you contest the police view of too much tint, i cant see that they would get far if the glass is original as fitted, more likly down to the operator of the light meter not using it correctly.

Agreed Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #397473 Mon Oct 07 2013 9:07am
filaborg

England 

DRDILL wrote:
Hunter - your first call should be to Landrover and have the glass checked to see if has been altered in any way to what was fitted from new. Only then if it is original can you contest the police view of too much tint, i cant see that they would get far if the glass is original as fitted, more likly down to the operator of the light meter not using it correctly.

Im surprised that this has not been done already....

Post #397479 Mon Oct 07 2013 9:41am
Beancounter_74

England 

Agreed, surely the first port of call Confused ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #397481 Mon Oct 07 2013 9:46am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Personally, i can't see why anyone would want tinted front windows in the first place. Unless they have something to hide. Whistle Instead of the government/police spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on equipment to test light percentages, why not have a clear cut law and do not allow any tint on front windows other than factory glass. We all know factory glass has a very slight tint anyway but that should be it. No half cocked law where the police forces have to start buying additional equipment to test the motorists who are pushing their luck with tints. Mr. Green

Post #397487 Mon Oct 07 2013 11:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Ady 555 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up I'm with you on this. why on earth would you restrict your view of the road. Of course there can be benefits in reducing sun glare but that's why there are minimum light transmission regs.

To deliberately tint any window in front of the 'B' pillar and I'd suggest the rear screen, is plain daft.

I wonder how many driver's who have tinted windows have told their insurers of the 'illegal' modification- with inurers looking for any wriggle this is especially risky when all insurance policies state it is the policy holder's responsibility to ensure the car is legal and road worthy.

If the plod has said your tint is illegal then your driving without insurance, whether he's right or wrong until you get them to remove their 'ticket' or prove by independent means that your car complies with the regs..

Post #397488 Mon Oct 07 2013 11:41am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

+1 Thumbs Up

Post #397489 Mon Oct 07 2013 11:58am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I wish our local police would visit the car parks in the town centre on a friday and saturday night - they could make a fortune on the saxos and corsas with black not just tinted front side windows and even the odd windscreen along with altered number plates - and when did the law get abolished on exhaust noise levels Evil or Very Mad

In the 80's I was stopped on a few occasions for blowing exhausts that were a whisper compared to the buy racer pipes now Rolling Eyes

I had black tint applied to the first new D2 I bought by the dealer and have to admit reversing at night was a challenge - from then on I went smoke/grey rather than black or specified factory privacy - I actually think the MY10 I had was darker than the MY13 I have now Confused

I have had privacy for years - first blinds, then film and lately factory glass for various reasons - SWMBO feeding babies, sun glare for kids dvd, dogs and shopping - I think they are a positive accessory if used correctly but agree front of B pillar is asking for trouble especially at night Bow down

Insurance conditions is an excellent argument for factory fit Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #397491 Mon Oct 07 2013 11:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234