RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Guy Salmon Servicing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Karlos16uk

2007 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Guy Salmon Servicing

Just about to book my baby into Guy Salmons for a full service and brake fluid replacement. My question is for those owners who have had history of Salmons service. They've given me a price for the service which is one thing, but how likely am I to face another huge bill for "additional" work that they might discover during the visit?

You know the sort of thing I'm on about, this that and the other needs replacing etc etc etc. one thing I am concerned about is the locking wheel nuts, I have no idea where the key is, how hard are they to get off without one? In my mind I've put aside around £1500 quid for this first service under my ownership how realistic is this do you think? Am I about to learn that these cars are crazy expensive to own, or will 1500 sobs be OK?

Post #384830 Thu Jun 06 2013 7:44pm
RWA5H

United Kingdom 

Jeez. Not sure what service you are having but I hope you get to put a good chunk of that back in the bank mate. 2013 (13.5MY) RRS HSE Black | Causeway Grey | Privacy | Ivory & Ebony | Grand Black Lacquer | Style 7 Alloys | AWESOME

Post #384833 Thu Jun 06 2013 8:22pm
rigsby

England 

Hi Karlos, my local Guy Salmon dealer did a service for me a couple of months ago and stuck to the price that was quoted but gave me option of extra work required. If I were you I would get the car back and have a look yourself before agreeing to other work. eg They quoted £150 to replace a fog light that just needed plugging back in!!!
I rang Hunters and Guy Salmon for service quotes and there was quite a difference so may be worth phoning around first
. the service was for 60000 (I think) and was around £550-£600 for a TDV8 57 plate, regards Rigsby MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #384842 Thu Jun 06 2013 9:42pm
Karlos16uk

2007 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Yeah they want between 380 and 650 depending on whether I sign up for a three year service plan or not. Not sure how the plan works until I get there but we'll see. The rest is for the stuff they find that needs urgent attention LOL. I'm a trained qualified HGV mechanic but its been twenty five years since I touched a spanner but I know these things work

Post #384855 Thu Jun 06 2013 10:10pm
Ptang

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Just had my '05 HSE serviced by Guy Salmon in Northampton (dreaded cam-belt change Censored ) but they did the health check and then rang me with a list of things they'd found: small leak in the water pump, blown number plate bulb etc. and how much it would cost to fix for each item.

Gave me the choice of what I wanted them to do (the pump while the cam-belt was off) and what I'd do myself (change a bulb)!

From previous experience of Hartwell and Stratstone they all do the same so you shouldn't fear a large bill.

'tang.

Post #387480 Mon Jul 01 2013 10:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1