RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > LR Approved Extended Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Slightly more fundermental than that. LR have washed their hands of my car. Rolling with laughter
I reckon that when system sees my reg number it has mental breakdown Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #383860 Thu May 23 2013 7:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Saw your thread. I don't know how you are still managing to stay sane Bow down I would have jumped off a cliff (together with the car) ages ago.

This is the URL they sent me anyway. A password is required though. www.landroverextendedwarranty.co.uk/renew

Post #383863 Thu May 23 2013 7:58am
7Knights

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black

TDV8HST wrote:
7Knights wrote:
I was just about to get extended warranty as well even though I still got 17m factory warranty to go. Maybe I should take consideration of 3 years option?

Can you do that so early?

Yes I got mine now, I think I received the confirmation letter some days ago. For a year extension. 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black

Post #383958 Fri May 24 2013 9:21am
Tonyrec

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

fkarim wrote:
I also bought online and pay monthly. The downside of paying monthly is that you can't transfer the warranty to the new owner when you sell the car but you can transfer if paid upfront. Could mean a lost incentive for some buyers. The upside is it might be possible to cancel the direct debit and stop paying for it when you sell the car. Not sure if they treat it as an annual contract and will come after you to collect the remaining installments.

Just spoken to LR and if you take the Instalment route and decide to sell the car privately, as long as you pay the outstanding balance you can sell the vehicle on with the balance of the warranty in place.

In that case, i will take it out on the instalment route Thumbs Up

Post #383988 Fri May 24 2013 3:02pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up I was planning to pay in full this year but might go for instalments as it clearly seems more flexible now.

Just to update the original topic, the bill has now reached £2,400 and all is covered AFAIK. Car needs to go back next week for another couple of things to be replaced/checked. The good thing is that apart from the CD player I didn't have to wait for any components/systems to fail to be able to claim. There were no warnings/faults and the car even passed the MoT. It's just stuff I noticed being ultra senstitive.

Post #383994 Fri May 24 2013 3:40pm
Tonyrec

Took this out over the internet and it was hassle free. Couldnt get it cheaper anywhere as the price is fixed by LR.

Post #384028 Sat May 25 2013 12:49pm
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I guess he password to buy online is sent out by post just before the warranty runs out? Vadim A.

Post #384033 Sat May 25 2013 5:47pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I got the password to renew in the post last week, so more than 2 months before expiry. However, last year while the car was still under 3 years old, I didn't need any password and bought using the link Muddywheels posted earlier.

Post #384035 Sat May 25 2013 6:35pm
CBL1

England 

I am considering purchasing an additional one year warranty over and above the 1yr warranty coming with the MY2010 I am purchasing shortly. I am aware of the Land Rover "Approved Extended" warranty for cars < 75k or 5yrs old, but Harwoods appears to be marketing a "Gold Cover" mechanical warranty. The warranty details show this as coming from "Motoring Organisation" which on the face of things, does not appear a direct LR policy.

I am therefore somewhat wary as to the quality of this product, especially with attempts having already been made (unsuccessfully) to sell me (overpriced) Gap insurance and (expensive) AutoGlym LifeShine protection.

Does anyone have any experience of this as I can't believe only Harwoods (Croydon) offer this?

Thanks in advance. Maserati MC Stradale 2016
RRS 2017 SDV8 AutoBiography - June 2018
RRS 2010 Supercharged - 2013-May 2018
TVR Tuscan Mk1 3.6li - 50k miles and counting
2000 Mustang GT Convertible 4.6li V8 - Gone and much missed

Post #384378 Thu May 30 2013 9:18pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I've got a feeling that the LR extended warranty is in fact operated by Car Care Plan - you might want to check what the cost is if you bought the same cover direct!

Post #384428 Fri May 31 2013 5:32pm
Byreman

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Best thing I ever did was get an extended warranty. When the RRS goes wrong it goes wrong at a major cost £££££££ mucho!

But the warranty is fine. I pay about £75 a month and this covers up to 2.5k in any claim. Take note of your renewal date though they don't always tell you if it's run out. Then like me you can get caught out.

I did it monthly as if you sell the car then you can stop the dd immediately...... Hope this helps.....

Post #384586 Mon Jun 03 2013 8:16pm
Tonyrec

drdelrrs wrote:
I've got a feeling that the LR extended warranty is in fact operated by Car Care Plan - you might want to check what the cost is if you bought the same cover direct!

According to the warranty docs that I received yesterday it states, 'Land Rover Approved Warranty is a trading name of Car Car Plan Ltd'.

Post #384602 Mon Jun 03 2013 9:50pm
Byreman

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

This is what the dealer sold me and for £75 a month I think its fine. My car is 5 years old now so its good value I think to keep it on the road. Having said that my Merc thats 5 years old has never missed a beat..... And cost me a fraction of the RRS. I still love the car though...... Cool

Post #384618 Tue Jun 04 2013 8:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123