Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 15 <123 ... 101112 131415>

mse

United Kingdom 

Vadim wrote:
mse wrote:
Ady 555 wrote:
Evoke?? mse, is this another new model?

No it must be my iPad spell checking or something - b Censored dy apple...andriod/windows is the way forward

Evoque - that's a lie, I checked. Lol

Maybe I just spelt it wrong then? Rolling Eyes

Just checked if you miss the u then it spells it as evoke...solved Thumbs Up Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #377124 Sat Mar 16 2013 5:02pm
Rodtheplod

United Kingdom 
Stormer influences

Hey all,

I'm new here. Actually, I've lurked for a long time, but when I saw so many negative posts about the design direction on the new RRs, I just had to register as I wanted to point a couple of things out to you guys!

Cast your minds back nine years to 2004 and when the Range Stormer was first introduced. That car was a revelation as I'm sure you'll all remember. Well, the design of the new RRS actually looks very similar to the Stormer of nearly 10 years ago. Have a look at these pics:

Check out the new winged vent in the leaked RRS pics:

Click image to enlarge

Then, check out the winged vent on the Stormer. See the similarities in this and the general front-end design and stance:

Next, here's the rear of the new RRS that some of you have said is soft/weak:

Click image to enlarge

Compare this with the rear of the Stormer. Again, note the similarities:

The Stormer pre-dated the Evoque, and as we know, the Evoque owes a lot to the Stormer. However, I don't believe the Sport is being softened up in this new guise. I think this is the Sport that JLR always wanted to build; it just needed the Evoque to be done to pave the way.

BTW - I fully expect to see a three door Range Rover Sport Stormer to be unveiled sometime after the initial launch. Well, if we can get a drop-top Evoque, a three-door Sport seems a no-brainer...

Lastly, a couple of bonus pics:

Cheers!

RTP.

Post #377267 Mon Mar 18 2013 2:22am
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

So what you are saying is JLR has developed no new designed over he past 10 years. They have just employed the 10 year old design, gave a little update and there you go, the new RRS. Thumbs Up

Sounds like JLR's employee husseling... I think you guys (@ JLR) are in BIG trouble with the new design. You might get few new costomers, but it doesn't look like you are getting a lot of existing customers to buy this car anytime soon. I suspect they launch the car in NYC for a reason too. Since Americans do not know a thing about cars, the new RRS might be a hit over there - definitely not in the UK. Vadim A.

Post #377269 Mon Mar 18 2013 5:41am
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I've seen these out about in disguise last year and the new RRS basic form has a lot of presence and I like the overall shape - I was looking forward to it particularly as the Full Fat is such a clean shape.

But I'm really disappointed with the detailing if this the final model - the side vents look far to small and are out of proportion - MY10 vents are so much better resolved. I don't like the evooque stick on add ons - vents on bonnet , fake air inlets etc.

Hopefully they get Disco 5 sorted or DC 100 in LWB is a looker otherwise I think I'm out next time I'm looking. 2011 MY- RRS HSE - Zermatt -Ebony-Piano .... its a monochrome world

2006- BMW Z4M Roadster -Titanium Silver

Club - Ex Defender & Disco 3

Post #377296 Mon Mar 18 2013 10:03am
Rodtheplod

United Kingdom 

Vadim wrote:
So what you are saying is JLR has developed no new designed over he past 10 years. They have just employed the 10 year old design, gave a little update and there you go, the new RRS. Thumbs Up

Well - I'm not just saying it! take a look at the images above and make up your own mind!

And by the way, there's nothing wrong with updating a ten year old design. Good design is good design; Look at how well the basic design of the last gen FFRR has held up over a similar length of time. That only had a few tweaks to keep it fresh, and they were able to do this because fundamentally it's a great design.

The leaked images that have been revealed don't really tell the whole truth IMHO. You'll probably see something else this week, but I'm certain that when the final Sport is shown in one week's time, opinions will change Wink

RTP.

Post #377306 Mon Mar 18 2013 11:53am
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

Am I right in thinking that the new Sport is based on the Evoque or is it a completely new concept? And before you all shout at me, no I haven't done much reading or research Whistle reason for not doing any research is that I wasn't planning on changing to new model unless lottery numbers come up. Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #377309 Mon Mar 18 2013 12:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Rodtheplod - you have hit the nail on head Shocked

The new RRS is closer to the original stormer concept than the last generation and I am sure it will sell well Bow down

People will get used to the new look Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #377313 Mon Mar 18 2013 12:14pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Hope fully its the colour, but for now it looks crap to me. Stormer looks ok though. Very Happy SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #377320 Mon Mar 18 2013 1:08pm
Endjin

Scotland 

@ Rodtheplod, I generally agree with your points on the design side of things but, at the end of the day people are entitled to their opinion and if they don't like the look of the car (for whatever reason and irrespective of where it's design history comes from) that's their right.

I for one will reserve judgement till I see it in the flesh for myself. I have seen several disguised ones, as they often use the roads up here for testing and I think you may well be correct that these leaked images may not be quite what they seem to be. But, we'll just have to wait to find out the reality.... All will be revealed on the 26th Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #377323 Mon Mar 18 2013 1:49pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I'm still hoping that the latest pictures of the sport are that of the Evogue XL and not the new sport. Whistle Just hope this has been a prank and someone has put a sport badge on the Evogue please..... Laughing . Time will tell.

Post #377331 Mon Mar 18 2013 2:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rodtheplod

United Kingdom 

Endjin wrote:
@ Rodtheplod, I generally agree with your points on the design side of things but, at the end of the day people are entitled to their opinion and if they don't like the look of the car (for whatever reason and irrespective of where it's design history comes from) that's their right.

Of course! Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. Just wanted to point out the similarities in design to the original Stormer concept.

Cheers,

RTP.

Post #377333 Mon Mar 18 2013 2:27pm
Bomber H

Thanks RTP for the comparison photos, I'm not personally too familiar with the Stormer concept.

However I do think that all this new model (what ever it may actually be!) needs is bolder rear lights, i.e. squarer like the Stormer, or taller like the FFRR, and the corners of the bumpers given the straight vertical edge, i.e. like the Stormer. Without those things, it shouts Evoque more than FF - upon which it is supposed to be based!

I'm signed up to view the NYC launch, and I'll happily go and see the new model in the metal. Thumbs Up 2016 VW Golf GTD DSG
2007 Exige S British GT SE
Gone : 2011 3.0TDV6 HSE, Stornoway Grey, Ivory, Piano Black Trim, Paddleshift, Privacy Glass, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Heated Steering Wheel, Timed Climate & Remote Park Heating Smile

Post #377335 Mon Mar 18 2013 2:40pm
defender_uk

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Thanks rodtheplod...useful comparison pics...I am though hoping that the final detail will be a bit different...

Post #377342 Mon Mar 18 2013 3:05pm
Kensta

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Ady 555 wrote:
I'm still hoping that the latest pictures of the sport are that of the Evogue XL and not the new sport. Whistle Just hope this has been a prank and someone has put a sport badge on the Evogue please..... Laughing . Time will tell.

+1 from me, I really hope this isn't the new sport Java black 2006

Post #377343 Mon Mar 18 2013 3:32pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

simple1 wrote:
Am I right in thinking that the new Sport is based on the Evoque or is it a completely new concept?

I doubt it'll be based on the Evoque because that is just a fancy Freelander. More likely it'll be based on the FFRR in some way.

There is, apparently, a FL3 coming out in 2015 (I think that's the date) along with Evoque XL. There are some spy shots of that doing the rounds too... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #377346 Mon Mar 18 2013 3:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 15 <123 ... 101112 131415>