RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Am I A Snob?!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Bandit8

England 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Cheney... Yes but as all have said why not. You pay good money for a good car and what they supply is not as to standard as you expect. They should supply like for like and pay for the fuel as well. It's not your fault that your precious car has gone wrong and you have had to drive to the garage to get it fixed. I have just been told that my new car has been delayed on the day specified. I have sold my other RRS and they are expecting to pick this up on the 17th. I do hope that the garage will give me either a RRS or FFRR. If not..... I will not be happy Evil or Very Mad

You should get what you pay for and if all goes wrong... A replacement that you are used too. Not something that is inferior.

I not saying that the other cars are bad or anything.... It's what you expect in life.

Go and complain like mad and see what they say.

Good luck. It is what it is and I am what I am....

Post #362622 Fri Nov 09 2012 5:59pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

A friend was offered a FL2 as a loan car when his RRS was in for a couple of days. He said no as he bought the Sport for the size of its boot. He needed the boot space and the FL2 wasn't big enough. They gave him a Sport... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #362624 Fri Nov 09 2012 6:25pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Cheney Jawa wrote:
My point being that i have to visit customers on a regular basis who expect their main supplier to LOOK and be a successful, profitable & progressive company. If i were to 'rock up' in a Fiat Punto i'm pretty sure most of my customers would (unfortunately) think WTF!! Shocked

rocking up in a RRS will make your customers think you charge too much Whistle ============
2010 TDV8 HSE - ooo laa laaaaaaaaa
2007 TDV8 HSE - superb car and very reliable
============
2012 - dearly departed, sadly missed.. to return in late 2013 with a new TDV8!

Post #362625 Fri Nov 09 2012 6:32pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

The only way these dealers can provide us all with expensive loan cars is by charging the customers even more! - no free lunches!

Post #362635 Fri Nov 09 2012 9:55pm
crookedm

First world problems hey!

Post #362646 Sat Nov 10 2012 12:52am
James @ Grange Barnet LR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

drdelrrs wrote:
The only way these dealers can provide us all with expensive loan cars is by charging the customers even more! - no free lunches!

That's true. There is a difference between a loan car from a dealer for a pre-booked visit, and that of a vehicle supplied following a breakdown by LRA. Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up

Post #362649 Sat Nov 10 2012 7:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

For the first 8 months of my cars life I drove a range of land rover products from old freelander to full fat. I thought much as you did having paid out nearly 60 grand. Got to the point where my car went back to LR and was away for weeks. I made the dealer get a demo car from press office when they told me all they had was a defender. Now days I just accept what they give and it's usually plastered in stickers proclaiming its a loan car so punters don't pay it much attention. Having changed my car three times in four years, all the same colour to hide fact I'd changed the car, for the very reason that I didn't want tenants thinking they were paying out too much rent. Whistle 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #362650 Sat Nov 10 2012 7:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sabre1966

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I recently had my 2004 CL65 AMG serviced and was given a new (only had 5000mls) one to drive around. Awesome.

Post #362665 Sat Nov 10 2012 11:56am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Just another thought - it depends what you need it for - a FL2 would be fine for me now but in the late 90's I had a 7 seat landcruiser because we had a baby, a toddler and another child with pram/buggy, etc so could get grandparents in too - so I did kick off when they gave me a starlet loan car Evil or Very Mad

Having said that service costs were £80 intermediate and £120 major Rolling Eyes

I have already mentioned the friend who visits farms and again he has a point Bow down

As said by others though if we all expected RRS and full fat loan cars the servicing and repair prices would be even higher than the current extortionate levels they are now Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #362667 Sat Nov 10 2012 12:12pm
Bandit8

I agree that LR would have to increase the costs etc on servicing but if you have say a ford and you get that serviced... You get a ford in replacmement. If you have a Vauxhall, you get a Vauxhall courtesy car.
IMHO if you have car of your choice and get it serviced/recalled for whatever reason, you should be supplied with a like for like car as you chose this car for a reason..... Size.... Boot size...... Number of doors etc etc etc. It is what it is and I am what I am....

Post #362668 Sat Nov 10 2012 12:20pm
zango1

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Orkney Grey

Absolutely not.

Post #362672 Sat Nov 10 2012 2:25pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I know we would all like a like for like courtesy car when ours goes in for unexpected repair or service Bow down considering how much these motors cost Shocked but this isn't going to happen unless you are very lucky on the day, but just think about it seriously for a minute, how many of our motors go in for unexpected repairs or recalls on a daily basis Question Quite a few i'd imagine Rolling Eyes as the service dept at any L/R dealership is always very busy, can't imagine why Whistle So bare that in mind then think if they provided each customer a like for like courtesy car Shocked they would have more courtesy cars than stock to sell. As JT says if you break down and you get recovered by L/R assist then you have more chance of getting a like for like vehicle as i'm guessing L/R have some sort of deal with rent a car/enterprise or whoever they use.

Post #362692 Sat Nov 10 2012 6:58pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Nothing wrong with any of he product line up as a loan car Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #362710 Sat Nov 10 2012 9:07pm
Bandit8

zango1 wrote:
Absolutely not.

So if you got given a Fiat Punto as a replacement car for lets say 3 weeks with a family of 4 and travelled about a lot you would be happy Question Question It is what it is and I am what I am....

Post #362726 Sat Nov 10 2012 9:34pm
Cheney Jawa

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ok, the dealer only has Freelanders as loan cars which is fair enough for a day replacement etc.

However in the circumstances it's not acceptable to me Mad

To be fair to the dealer have pulled their finger out & contacted LR and they have agreed to a replacement RRS/FFRR through Enterprise.

One could argue if you don't shout loud enough you don't get, however in the circumstance it goes further than this for me, 60k car, 2 months old, list of faults as long as your arm, IT'S THE LEAST LR COULD/SHOULD DO IN SHOWING SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR PRODUCTS! Owner of MY13 RRS Red Edition, Santorini Black, Ebony with Lunar, Privacy Glass & Exterior Design Pack

Post #362738 Sat Nov 10 2012 10:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>