RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Evoque Thanks to Lookers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

6 days and 700 miles into ownership, the view out the back, after having had a FFRR, isn't a problem, neither is the much hyped blindspot around the A pillar - it depends how you set up the drivers seat.
I don't find the rear quarter vision to be a problem either and mine has the Volvo BLIS system so I get a little icon in the wing mirror if there is a car in the blindspot, but as I say hasn't been a problem at x junctions where you would think the over the shoulder view might be a problem, it just isn't! The problem I do have is over the bonnet, it is hard to get used to such short bonnet that drops away so suddenly, so just as well mine has PDC at both ends, the reversing cam and the surround cams with the junction view. Where it really scores over the RRS is that it is such fun to drive fast, it grips the road like a limpet and corners better and faster than the TDv8 with it's DR - the magneride works to achieve a similar effect as the DR system in RRS. The ride for such a small car on 20" wheels is fantastic too, very bit as good as your cars on air suspension. Evoque comes with that unlisted fitting that all the modern land Rovers have too - Permagrin, it's there by the barrelful! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #313708 Thu Sep 15 2011 12:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dazsear

England 

Tim
Have a go at blasting at speed around round-abouts......much faster than the HST could ever manage.....almost made my mate sick on the Evoque unleased event after the third lap to see when the tyres would let go!

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #313767 Thu Sep 15 2011 12:12pm
A12DY B

United Kingdom 

any pics

Post #313799 Thu Sep 15 2011 3:59pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Tim, your making me jealous already. And I've only just placed my order. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #313823 Thu Sep 15 2011 7:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12