RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Too good to be true ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Super - and why are you going to Cyprus?

Whistle Its....errrr....a...errrr...'Business opportunity'....errrrr......something to do with.... Whistle ....cars.....you know.....those 'Small' cars.....you know, owned by BMW........but called .....I think.....it's something like....Minis I think! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #30980 Tue May 09 2006 1:55pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

tasmod wrote:
Back to original topic.

It's a well known scam, there are numerous versions around.

Unfortunately I've just dealt with a guy who fell for it and paid £7k for a non existant (BMW)Mini supposedly being shipped from Cyprus.

He didn't do any groundwork checking but just stumped up the cash Confused

It's a form of greed baiting really. Appeal to someones greed instinct with the right wording and a plausible story.

Ebay is getting quite dodgy now and many scammers are getting very clever.
I did a search for a Panasonic laptop and was surprised to see one offered on private pre-approved buyer auction. The blurb asked for you to contact seller and you could buy direct without waiting for auction to end as he had a few.
It was all very plausible even though I was suspicious of the feedback, then I looked at where the search found it and two others, Sewing Machine category !!!

Feedback showed seller was a member of Ebay since 2002 but hadn't bought anything since, till two days before auction, then they were for pennies.

I reported them to Ebay and within two hours the three had been removed as hacked accounts !!

I spend more time on reading feedback now, it's quite an eye opener.

Yeah this is dodgy i always read all the feedback and try and dig around a lot before bidding.. my dodgiest ever purchase was the pimp mobile.. but that was legit as it can get so all good..
I have purchased quite a few times before auctions have ended and not met anyone dodgy, but they are about, so i do watch out for it..

I used to buy blocked phones for my cousin in pakistan, (as they still work there and are cheap here) and ultimately there was no point me spending the time looking for them, so i gave him control of my ebay account, and my god the amount of scams he nearly walked into! i changed my password to something he doesn't know again now, and fortunately he has got through this phase!

The best ones are.. buy this phone for £10.. worth £4000 RRP!! (Honest!!)

then in the smallest writing ever known to man.. (this is not actual phone, you are bidding for the information of the link to where you can get these phones and more for £10!) never tried it.. but i not going to throw £10 down the toilet like that..

Post #30994 Tue May 09 2006 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123