RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > No more damaged wheels???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

Kaine

United Kingdom 

NickM wrote:
Slight detour....but Kaine....is it just me or is the new RS5 not as nice as we hoped it to be? certainly fast.....but a little too bolt on body kit for me.....

in keeping with what I expected really - cancelled my order a while back, however received an invite from AUDI this week to see it in the flesh as I'm one of the first people to order - good to see AUDI's records are upto date Laughing

Post #259627 Mon Mar 15 2010 1:32pm
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

do you think it would cover my damage up? (pic earlier in thread)

New: MY2010 Freelander 2 HSE Auto in Alaska White

Probably, it would certainly be cheap to find out, although you will have to get the wheel re-balanced as that amount of damage is going to have changed the setting!

Good luck with the experiment - 'Thumbs Up' .

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

TDV8 HSE MY10 with pretty much everything including a vase of daffs on the back shelf, tropical fish collection in the centre console, hamsters in the spare tyre and finally sheep on the passenger seats.....for weight distribution, what else??

Post #259628 Mon Mar 15 2010 2:12pm
scrscoot

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HST Santorini Black

Kaine wrote:
Steuart64 wrote:
Thanks Rad - looks good

Early front runner for 2010 award there mate!!!

now if only he made a video Whistle

There is a video on the AlloyGator website at http://alloygator.com/ but you can also check out the fitting here

http://www.youtube.com/alloygator

Looks fairly simple to me

Post #259862 Wed Mar 17 2010 3:52am
Adam RRS

United Kingdom 

From reading through all this and seeing the pics, the only colour that really isnt sticking out like a sore thumb is black. So now i'm thinking great but then the wheels would look smaller ruining the cars look and stance.

The silver ones looked ghastly!! Confused

Seriously... WTF!! Why cant they be flatter to the wheel?!?

I had high hopes for them but if I saw that on my car after fitting the first one, i'd get one of those sick feelings where your thinking 'oh what have I done!' WINNER - 2009 Best in Class Range Rover Sport Award

MY14 Corris Grey RRS HSE SDV6

Post #259882 Wed Mar 17 2010 9:56am
flybouy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Adam RRS wrote:
From reading through all this and seeing the pics, the only colour that really isnt sticking out like a sore thumb is black. So now i'm thinking great but then the wheels would look smaller ruining the cars look and stance.

I had high hopes for them but if I saw that on my car after fitting the first one, i'd get one of those sick feelings where your thinking 'oh what have I done!'

What have I done X 4 ??????? Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Never argue with an idiot as he will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

Post #259897 Wed Mar 17 2010 11:13am
scrscoot

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HST Santorini Black

Adam RRS wrote:

I had high hopes for them but if I saw that on my car after fitting the first one, i'd get one of those sick feelings where your thinking 'oh what have I done!'

hmmmm, something just doesn't look right there does it.

I've seen the other silver AlloyGator pics on the website and they look great, and I've just noticed too that they're now showing a Bentley with black ones on. Tyres still look fine to me. Think I'll go for it and I'll try to get some pics up

Post #259982 Thu Mar 18 2010 12:14am
RAD

Excellent news..........they actually work!

Was off-roading yesterday in Kensington (you have no idea how high the pavements are!) needless to say, the granite won when I was parking.......no damage to the wheel and so little to the protector, it doesn't show.

When I got out, I was expecting the worst possible news as it sounded pretty bad....so it looks as though a £10 piece of black plastic does the job! 'Bow down'

Bonuses and first class BA tickets all round...barman 'Mr. Green' .

TDV8 HSE MY10 with pretty much everything including a vase of daffs on the back shelf, tropical fish collection in the centre console, hamsters in the spare tyre and finally sheep on the passenger seats.....for weight distribution, what else??

Post #261219 Sun Mar 28 2010 11:35am
mrloudly

Fitted the black ones and can also confirm they work well. Don't stand out like the silver either Wink

Andy M

Post #261246 Sun Mar 28 2010 5:34pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Any pictures? I'm still waiting to see a side on shot of the black one's fitted. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #261286 Sun Mar 28 2010 11:44pm
RAD

RichardM wrote:
Any pictures? I'm still waiting to see a side on shot of the black one's fitted.

There are photos on Page 2 of this item! 'Wink' .

Post #261305 Mon Mar 29 2010 10:14am
dazsear

England 

There certainly is mate but it would be useful to see a good side shot with them fitted to the car in the daylight, without the use of a flash.
Just to make sure they dont look anywhere as bad as the silver ones!

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #261366 Mon Mar 29 2010 8:49pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

dazsear wrote:
There certainly is mate but it would be useful to see a good side shot with them fitted to the car in the daylight, without the use of a flash.
Just to make sure they dont look anywhere as bad as the silver ones!

Daz

Yep this is what we are all waiting for! WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #261388 Mon Mar 29 2010 10:44pm
BulletProofBomb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Yip, the black ones look the business, silver ones I would have taken straight back off. IMHO

Post #262010 Mon Apr 05 2010 4:48am
dazsear

England 

Will you take us a picture ofyours then please......outside in bright light from a nice side angle........

Please....please....please........I don't believe I have ever had to ask the same thing so many times and still get no result Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down

daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #262026 Mon Apr 05 2010 11:14am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Hello guys, back on this forum after about 5 years or so. I was searching on Google about AlloyGators and found this thread. I too have them fitted to my car. Not driving a RRS any more, but a Kia Ceed now Very Happy. Might be dull, but my motoring costs are about a grand a month less now!! I've still got my 1969 SIIa for play time though.

I've been using the AlloyGators for nearly a year now and I'm very impressed with them. They certainly work and do protect the alloys from damage and can take quite a battering. I've just seen on the AlloyGator site that they have since changed the product since I got mine. They are now a different profile and use metal clips to hold in place. Hence why I was searching on Google to see if there was any information about the change in design. Anyway, if anyone wants any more info on mine, then look here.

You really don't notice them after a while, even in silver. No one has ever pointed them out or made any comments in all the time I've had them fitted. Even my wife hasn't even asked me what they are and I'm sure she hasn't even noticed them! Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #307336 Tue Jul 26 2011 1:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>