RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Overdue Invoices / Late Payers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Overdue Invoices / Late Payers

As a lot of members run their own businesses and no doubt will have problems with customers paying on time may i ask how you manage overdues.

I have a major blue chip owing me thick end of £6K and no matter how many times i speak to their accounts i just get the same old story, its in the pile to be paid.

Now at present it is 15 days overdue which to them may not be a great deal but to our business cash flow it is, at which point do you threaten to start charging interest or any other tips to get it paid.

Cheers

Post #293469 Thu Mar 24 2011 1:53pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: Overdue Invoices / Late Payers

leedsunited wrote:
As a lot of members run their own businesses and no doubt will have problems with customers paying on time may i ask how you manage overdues.

I have a major blue chip owing me thick end of £6K and no matter how many times i speak to their accounts i just get the same old story, its in the pile to be paid.

Now at present it is 15 days overdue which to them may not be a great deal but to our business cash flow it is, at which point do you threaten to start charging interest or any other tips to get it paid.

Cheers

Simple, put them on stop Thumbs Up Or instead of talking to the accounts dept, speak to the person who orders from you to pull a few strings or kick arse in their accounts dept, it always works with me, but then again it all depends what sort of relationship you have with your customers Thumbs Up

Post #293473 Thu Mar 24 2011 2:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leedsunited

Ady Thanks

The invoice is for a contract completed and no other orders to use the stop method at the moment, the guy who initiated the work is also doing his best to kick ars* but he is also pulling his hair out at the lax attitude to our needs.

Post #293478 Thu Mar 24 2011 2:19pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

If you want to collect a debt from a customer you won't deal with again use http://www.thomashiggins.com/ they have sucessfully collected tens of thousands for me over the past few years. They are very efficient and very cost effective often the debtor pays all the costs. Good luck Thumbs Up

Post #293485 Thu Mar 24 2011 2:42pm
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I think a polite but firm letter informing that if the account is not settled within 7days of receipt of the letter then further action to recover the monies owed shall be taken should be the first step. If nothing comes of it then instigate collection measures.

Post #293499 Thu Mar 24 2011 4:06pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Now that it's late I would send firstly an email stating
"Please be advised that  In cases of late payments, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. will exercise rights under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and in this respect interest will be added to the debt until settled in full. Also in accordance with  European Directive 2000/35/EC, a debt recovery fee of £40 will be charged."

If this fails then a recorded letter giving them 7 days to pay and if that then bring in the debt recovery chaps - all at their expence. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #293503 Thu Mar 24 2011 4:20pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I speak with my brother who owns a debt collection, process service and bailiff company Smile

Post #293504 Thu Mar 24 2011 4:33pm
leedsunited

Very Annoyed wrote:
Now that it's late I would send firstly an email stating
"Please be advised that  In cases of late payments, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. will exercise rights under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and in this respect interest will be added to the debt until settled in full. Also in accordance with  European Directive 2000/35/EC, a debt recovery fee of £40 will be charged."

If this fails then a recorded letter giving them 7 days to pay and if that then bring in the debt recovery chaps - all at their expence.

VA - Many thanks, did as you stated and hey presto paid Thumbs Up

Post #293508 Thu Mar 24 2011 5:00pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Normal 10% fee due then. Wink Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #293509 Thu Mar 24 2011 5:03pm
leedsunited

Very Annoyed wrote:
Normal 10% fee due then. Wink Thumbs Up

1 case of RBMM i presume Very Happy

Post #293510 Thu Mar 24 2011 5:24pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Perfect. Laughing 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #293515 Thu Mar 24 2011 5:42pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

We had a lot of bother with oil companies not paying us for months after we had trained their staff. Simple answer was that after they sat the exam and it got marked, if they passed then we hold the certificate that they need to show to be able to do the job until the invoice was paid!! So no payment mean the staf they had sent for training couldn't work!!! Simples Thumbs Up Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #293529 Thu Mar 24 2011 8:08pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Just read thread - my approach same as VA's - increased cost always works - also depends on your terms on your invoice - I use a compound monthly interest statement at X% above BOEBR

Thumbs Up

Gald you got sorted - also if they use you again - hike your rates Laughing

Post #293557 Thu Mar 24 2011 9:37pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When this happened to my father for a 6 figure sum he applied for a what i think is called a form 22 - it meant the company had to present it's accounts to a court on suspicion of trading while insolvent............... had the desired effect but it also transpired the company was insolvent! He also did a similar thing to my employers when they bought some generators for the ships from him.......... payment received within 24 hours, there was no way they were going to open up the books.
British Steel used to be awful payers - then they went ISO 9001 and insisted my father put is little company through the QA procedure or they wouldn't do business with him........... as all they ever purchased from him was £100's worth of drum taps at a time he told them to get lost, after chasing them up for payment he lost most of the profit on the product.......... they stopped using him for about 6 months and then came begging for an urgent supply. He told them they couldn't deal with him under their QA/ISO accreditation but they couldn't find anybody else who was accredited to supply the items. When they then took monts and months to respond he used their ISO accrediation to get back at them - a few days before they were re-audited. That got the desired results, and they then took their ISO certificate out of public view! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #293560 Thu Mar 24 2011 9:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1