RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Extended Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

DSL

United Kingdom 

NickM wrote:
I would go with a LR warranty if you could.

But remember this is an aftermarket insurance type warranty supplied by Car Care Plan, nothing to do with LR apart from a bit of branding and it's sold by some (not all AFAIK) dealers. And doesn't cover wear & tear, on of the favourite get-outs.

Post #291375 Mon Mar 07 2011 2:59pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

hogberto wrote:
Quote:
and ALL companies do the same

don't agree. no need to bend over and take it like a man.

encourage the businesses that give you their best price up front.

don't give custom to those that offer a bloated price and then almost immediately lower it.

to me this is just taking the Censored and i'll take my business elsewhere. Thumbs Up

not to burst your sugar-coated bubble of capitalism, or talk on this board about something so off topic, but ALL companies do this. Utilities. Mobile Phone. Sky. Supermarket. Health insurance. Clothes shop. The cinema. Local restaurants. All will be willing to sacrifice margin to get the sale - but you have to push for it, or manipulate them as highlighted in this example. That is the "man" way. However, the "British" way is stiff upper lip and either take what is initially offered (and get shafted) or pontificate about how wrong and terrible it is that not all customers get shown the same price X to start with. You do haggle when on holiday, right?

Post #291413 Mon Mar 07 2011 9:14pm
hogberto

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

rrsboy wrote:
not to burst your sugar-coated bubble of capitalism…

not sure what you're ranting on about really. 'the man way'? oh please. Laughing

does your supermarket really offer you one set of prices and then when you turn round and begin to walk out of the door rush up and offer you a cheaper set? your cinema? your clothes shop?

sorry pal, you're full of Censored . Mr. Green

if a business, say a warranty or an insurance company, doesn't give me its best shot on the first attempt i'll be off to get a price from its competitor. i'm not going to hang around to give company 1 a second chance. they lost the sale. goodbye. Thumbs Up

Post #291428 Mon Mar 07 2011 10:45pm
rrsboy

hogberto wrote:
rrsboy wrote:
not to burst your sugar-coated bubble of capitalism…

not sure what you're ranting on about really. 'the man way'? oh please. Laughing

does your supermarket really offer you one set of prices and then when you turn round and begin to walk out of the door rush up and offer you a cheaper set? your cinema? your clothes shop?

sorry pal, you're full of Censored . Mr. Green

if a business, say a warranty or an insurance company, doesn't give me its best shot on the first attempt i'll be off to get a price from its competitor. i'm not going to hang around to give company 1 a second chance. they lost the sale. goodbye. Thumbs Up

Neutral

1. you introduced the man way. That's why I put quote marks around my use of it.
2. supermarket - 1 minute full price, the next minute 3 for 2. 1 minute full price, the next minute marked 50% off. Cinema - £7 to the guy who just turns up, £13 unlimited views to the guy who gets the deal. Private (free) screenings to those "on the list" (oh, you didn't know?). Clothes shop. £50 shirt on the ticket, 20% off with the voucher code behind the desk or if you ask for staff discount. Or 50% off at the flash sale (what do you mean you've never been to a flash sale?). Or just buy a bunch of stuff and ask for 25% off.

sorry pal, you aint got a clue. Ignorance is not bliss.

businesses love a customer like you

enough off topic, PM me if you need further enlightenment Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #291433 Mon Mar 07 2011 11:30pm
hogberto

rrsboy wrote:
1. you introduced the man way. …

er, no, your phrase.

Quote:
2. supermarket - 1 minute full price, the next minute 3 for 2. 1 minute full price, the next minute marked 50% off. Cinema - £7 to the guy who just turns up, £13 unlimited views to the guy who gets the deal. Private (free) screenings to those "on the list" (oh, you didn't know?). Clothes shop. £50 shirt on the ticket, 20% off with the voucher code behind the desk or if you ask for staff discount. Or 50% off at the flash sale (what do you mean you've never been to a flash sale?). Or just buy a bunch of stuff and ask for 25% off.

sorry pal, you aint got a clue. Ignorance is not bliss.

businesses love a customer like you

oh dear, you're a right arthur daley aren't you. got all the deals sewn up, thinks he knows better than everyone else.

there's a bloke handing out 'enlightenment' like yours at the bar at every pub in the country.

so, no thanks for the advice.

cheers. no more OT from me in this thread. Cool

Post #291437 Tue Mar 08 2011 12:19am
rrsboy

hogberto
Quote:
"don't agree. no need to bend over and take it like a man. "

there's a bloke who won't listen to someone who knows much, much better than him on every forum.

enjoy paying that full margin. I'm off to squeeze another 20% from my house insurance and get some more free Sky Sports from Sky. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

EDIT:
do you see what's happened here btw? You've said something stupid ("I wont deal with companies that do this sort of thing"), I've highlighted how naive you are. You've come back with a vacuous and weak reply, I've smacked you down again. You've come back AGAIN, I've had to again highlight your foolishness once more, with examples. This merry-go-round can continue, but you will remain wrong, and I will will remain right. You are a bit of a forum troll like that, see? More education for you! I really need to charge.

Post #291445 Tue Mar 08 2011 9:07am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Blimey Laughing all this over a an extended warranty, Rolling with laughter
Back on topic, i think we have given you a few choices above aswel as a bit of banter, i enquired about a warrantywise warranty just to see what the price would be about 4 weeks ago and they have sent me 3 different e-mails with better offers everytime, so when i need a new warranty in november it should be almost free. Thumbs Up
Ady

Post #291449 Tue Mar 08 2011 10:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hogberto

rrsboy wrote:
…, but you will remain wrong, and I will will remain right. …

WTF. are you 12 years old? grow up. Laughing

Post #291451 Tue Mar 08 2011 10:11am
AZIZBBU

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

Yawn Yawn Yawn TDV8 HST STORNOWAY ON A 58
Full Alpine multimedia install
Road Angel Pro
PS3

Post #291453 Tue Mar 08 2011 10:17am
rrsboy

hogberto wrote:
rrsboy wrote:
…, but you will remain wrong, and I will will remain right. …

WTF. are you 12 years old? grow up. Laughing

is that it - can I now put this to bed? thank Christ.

Post #291456 Tue Mar 08 2011 10:37am
Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

[quote="NickM"]
I came close to taking out a 3rd party warranty, and messed up the paperwork on my end, but in the end I left it, and had a year of hassle free motoring, apart from an EGR valve which LR paid 50% of. quote]

Only 50% cover??????? Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #291460 Tue Mar 08 2011 10:51am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Bloody hell!

Well, we offer a cheap product up front, and our cover limits are quite plain to see.
Have made quite a few sales to RRS and Disco 3 owners so far, and no bad feedback as of yet..
Obviously some items will/won't be covered, so please consider our product too when shopping around Thumbs Up

Post #291493 Tue Mar 08 2011 3:26pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

kam100 wrote:
Bloody hell!

Well, we offer a cheap product up front, and our cover limits are quite plain to see.
Have made quite a few sales to RRS and Disco 3 owners so far, and no bad feedback as of yet..
Obviously some items will/won't be covered, so please consider our product too when shopping around Thumbs Up

But KAM100 when RRSboy does not take your first price will you go chasing him down the street with your pants down Whistle

Post #291703 Wed Mar 09 2011 9:33pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Haha.. not really.. we set our prices and they are fixed.

If you buy 2 or more years, we throw in road side assistance for that duration free, but if you don't need the road side, in those instances we can offer some price reduction.. but thats about it..

Post #291788 Thu Mar 10 2011 11:41am
Jonny Fresh

England 

Hi Kam,

Sorry to Off Topic .......you had any luck with GAP insurance that covers upto £70K? Simon at your place was waiting to hear....

Post #291789 Thu Mar 10 2011 11:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>