RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > RRS DR related Issues - Protest action (ref: Knocking noise)
Willing to participate?
Yes - Count me in
66%
 66%  [4]
Possible - depends on when and where?
33%
 33%  [2]
Total Votes: 6

(8) 492 spaces left. 
(5) 95 spaces left. 
User Registered Confirmed
MiseryWed Jan 14 2009 5:09pm
lavWed Jan 14 2009 7:03pm
will_wonkaWed Jan 14 2009 11:10pm
wokkamanWed Jan 28 2009 9:45am
JapseroonyWed Jan 28 2009 1:19pm
C10KOMon Mar 09 2009 10:00pm
Tim59Tue Sep 06 2011 3:52pm
V8 HSE CRUSADERSun Oct 16 2011 7:42pm
User Registered Confirmed
PauloAmoreWed Jan 14 2009 5:29pm
HookyWed Jan 14 2009 7:05pm
MintleafWed Jan 14 2009 11:02pm
PeterThu Jan 15 2009 7:26pm
my 1st sportFri Dec 11 2015 10:41pm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

will_wonka

United Kingdom 
RRS DR related Issues - Protest action (ref: Knocking noise)

Please vote.

This will involve a weekday for a morning or afternoon, location to be advised. Naturally finite details will remain off this board.

Any TDV8 or S/C owner with DR willing to give up half a day of their time and be willing to appear in lots of media piccies (perhaps Wink ) - other RRS owners welcome, but trying to avoid the divertion of the cause here and to keep this action DR specific. Thumbs Up

From the conversation I have just completed with LR, it's pretty much vote now or forever be in and out of the dealers with this irritating, unacceptable and nonscensical issue that is still be banded (somehow) as a characteristic.

Vote now. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #205582 Wed Jan 14 2009 4:04pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Count me in as I only have 3 months warranty left. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #205612 Wed Jan 14 2009 5:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lav

England 

ive not got s/c or v8, but if u want numbers im more than keen to come along, with all the problems that ive got, including the knocking / steering issue , id love to be involved!

Post #205644 Wed Jan 14 2009 7:01pm
Markos

Slovenia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Will as I already told you last time if I can help you in any way let me know... 2008 RRS TDV8 HSE, Java black, Alpaca,.....

Post #205668 Wed Jan 14 2009 8:37pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
Re: RRS DR related Issues - Protest action (ref: Knocking no

Despite suffering no knocking I'd be there if it didn't involve 12,000 miles of travelling! (although I do have a new dashboard 'noise' as of the commute in this morning)

will_wonka wrote:

From the conversation I have just completed with LR, it's pretty much vote now or forever be in and out of the dealers with this irritating, unacceptable and nonscensical issue that is still be banded (somehow) as a characteristic.

Will - would I be making a bold assumption that LR are about to move to the updated DR as posted by Bobby previoulsy (can't find the thread), and that this 'prototype' version of DR system as fitted to the current RRS will basically continue to be ignored in the hope that over time it moves on to become someone else's problem (i.e. as all the cars move past 3 years old and warranties expire?)

best of luck to all invloved

Post #205675 Wed Jan 14 2009 9:19pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 
Re: RRS DR related Issues - Protest action (ref: Knocking no

2nd Rower wrote:
Will - would I be making a bold assumption that LR are about to move to the updated DR as posted by Bobby previoulsy (can't find the thread), and that this 'prototype' version of DR system as fitted to the current RRS will basically continue to be ignored in the hope that over time it moves on to become someone else's problem (i.e. as all the cars move past 3 years old and warranties expire?)

2ndR - Not sure about DR2, maybe Bobby can point us in the right direction, I too could not find it Big Cry

LR definately did not mention it, but then again, I would not expect them too. The bottom line is that {they} say there are varying degrees of noise levels, i.e. silent, slight, medium, loud and hence the characteristic line (yet again). Either one of the latter 3 is unacceptable.

Just where in the Sales literature did we read "a characteristic of the vehicle is a knocking noise caused by the newly designed DR system / suspension setup. This noise will gradually appear after XXmiles and will increase until it becomes unbearable and you wish you had purchased another better engineered vehicle" - OK, slightly harsh on the last bit Whistle

If you throw in all eventualities, you can of course opt for the characteristic line, that opt-in based on the fact that your clientele are either (a) stupid or (b) dead. In simple terms LR, most of us are neither.

In the meantime, "we" the customers, the provider of their bread and butter, should all remain content in our knockety knock vehicles and just skuttle off into lah lah land were no suspension noises exist - EVER. Laughing

..............something that is just not going to happen. Evil or Very Mad L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #205705 Wed Jan 14 2009 11:54pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Thanks for the detail Will.

I thought Bobby posted the updated press release on the new DR system from its maker in the News section...but cannot find a News section on the forum, so i must have been dreaming that bit... Bobby please can you find the thread!!!

So if its just LR putting (more) wool in their ears again regarding this issue, then that is very disappointing.. Nothing irks me more than poor customer service! Mass action is therefore definitely the route to go (if there aren't legal channels open) as clearly LR they think they are handling/managing this issue as you and other customers seek a resoution individually!

Try not to let LR stop the mass protest with promises of fixes or gifts.. i would suggest that even if they try to stop or delay your protest and press coverage that you don't, unless they give you the required commitments for everyone affected and in legally binding writing, or a proven fix in practice...

LR more than likely know the % of cars made affected by this issue (as they should have every reported incident on record), and are clearly willing to bank on losing that number of customers, against the average number of new customers the brand gets in a normal year.. Yes they will have done that analysis.. They probably even know what $ damage to the brand this issue getting a wider press audience would cause! As I understand this is basically how car companies decide on whether to issue a recall. Fundamentally $ cost of fixing across the board versus $ cost of damage - in A) lost sales B) to Brand C) Litigation in the courts...

Perhaps some of the more 'understanding' dealers can quietly and confidentially pass notice of your proposed action to RRS drivers who have this problem but do not know of this forum... Question The more the merrier Twisted Evil

Post #205709 Thu Jan 15 2009 12:41am
Leo

Kenya 

Go for it - I'd be there if I was closer. Anyone who can make it and doesn't sign up shouldn't complain later on when they get this problem...... Whistle

Phone Watchdog, Autocar etc.....

Post #205826 Thu Jan 15 2009 10:28am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Leo wrote:
Go for it - I'd be there if I was closer. Anyone who can make it and doesn't sign up shouldn't complain later on when they get this problem...... Whistle

Phone Watchdog, Autocar etc.....

Spot on Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #205835 Thu Jan 15 2009 10:41am
domy123

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

Ill be there as this issue is also the Bain of my life on my S/C Current 2007 RRS S/C HST Premium Edition
-------------------------------------------------------
2008 BMW X5 4.8 MSport - Gone and will not be missed
Ferrari F430 Spider - Gone
Aston Martin DB9 - Gone
BMW 650 Cabriolet - Gone and will be missed

Post #283112 Wed Dec 15 2010 4:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1