RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > new range rover sport 60 reg same shell as old?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kiders

England 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black
new range rover sport 60 reg same shell as old?

hi i do salvage and i got a cat b new range rover sport that i have to give the shell back to the insurance company. i also have a hst 57 reg range rover will all the body panels and trim go into it? i no there might be some wires i have to change but can it be done? or it it just the body thats the same and the trime cant go in it?

sorry if this has all ready been asked if it has can some one forward me a link to the tread thanks

also not sellling any parts

Post #282749 Sat Dec 11 2010 7:37pm
chris mc

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I looked into doing the front LED's and grill from MY10 but they are different from that of the 06-09 models, meaning that the wings etc have to be changed so in short i would say NO.

Post #282763 Sat Dec 11 2010 11:16pm
BKHK

Australia 

Aahh salvage, dats whoy you want to know. Dem cars dat you have, dey're nat stolen are dey? Coz if dey are den we won't be tellin' ya wot fits and wot dosent see. Rolling with laughter

Post #282784 Sun Dec 12 2010 7:55am
kiders

bkhn wtf? can i not get a simple reply from some one who has some form of intelligence? just because i do salvage that means the cars are stolen! feel free to come over to are yard. and whats with the chav tex? is there some thing i said that made yoy think i was 5 or some thing.

get a life! im on hear because its a forum where people go to get info and not so pricks like you can just randomly suggest im out there nicking every car.

now go back to your thinking lab you little keybord sniper.

if any one can help me with just some simple non insulting replys please do Thumbs Up

Post #282803 Sun Dec 12 2010 12:48pm
BKHK

Australia 

No, i don't think yoy (your spelling not mine) are 5.

Oi won't be comin to your scrap yard anytoim soon. I think, if you re read your posts, its you that uses text speak. I would have thought that coming from Sussex old boy that you would write and speak the Queen's, evidently not.

Read your own posts, lighten up and be able to have a laugh at yourself like we do on here! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #282805 Sun Dec 12 2010 1:10pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

i'm pretty confident that the shell is the same its just the panels that are different on the later 2010MY cars.
So technically im sure you could swap over a 57 plate to the newer shell, however there are more than just exterior panels, id suspect the dash will mount slightly differntly as will the seats etc etc.

It might also be worth bearing in mind that with new engines in the 2010MY cars things like the engine/gearbox mounts and the drivetrain geometry could be slightly different. If you up for a bit of custom work then im sure its all possible.

Personally id say that it would more cost effective to buy a lightly damaged earlier model than try to make one up out of later MY parts.
Thumbs Up

Post #282806 Sun Dec 12 2010 1:15pm
kiders

x5pea wrote:
i'm pretty confident that the shell is the same its just the panels that are different on the later 2010MY cars.
So technically im sure you could swap over a 57 plate to the newer shell, however there are more than just exterior panels, id suspect the dash will mount slightly differntly as will the seats etc etc.

It might also be worth bearing in mind that with new engines in the 2010MY cars things like the engine/gearbox mounts and the drivetrain geometry could be slightly different. If you up for a bit of custom work then im sure its all possible.

Personally id say that it would more cost effective to buy a lightly damaged earlier model than try to make one up out of later MY parts.
Thumbs Up

thanks mate im just trying to face lift it really. i did not want to go to mad and try putting the dash in. just wondered how much of it would go on. but thanks for the reply

Post #282810 Sun Dec 12 2010 1:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1