RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Adaptive cruise control issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

p-trax

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey
Adaptive cruise control issues

Any of you guys have issues with your ACC?

from day one mine has read incorrectly;

*Set cruise control to 70 MPH on digital readout
*Analogue speed dial reads 67

*Set cruise control to 40 MPH
*Analogue speed dial reads 38

this is consistent, and I live with it.

However, when the car was one year old, during its service, I asked LR to look at it to see if it could be recalibrated.
I was rudely told that I obviously didn't understand how ACC worked. and there was no fault.
My history with LR service is particularly poor, so i walked away accepting that they are cretins.

With its 24 month service due, i thought I would revisit the issue. but this time i insisted that the technician came out for a drive to witness the event, on an open road.

He acknowledged the issue, said he'd never seen it before and would research it.
After having my car for 8 hours i get a call that states in order to fix it, i will need to leave the vehicle over night.

Today when I go to collect it, I am asked again to describe the problem, as the technician who originally acknowledged the issue doesn't recall there being any problems!!!! WTF

Eventually i convince the service manager to accompany me for another demonstration. Which he semi-acknowledges, partially dismissing it can exist as it has never been seen before.

Am I the only one with this issue? Stornaway Grey/Ebony TDV8 HST, September 3rd Smile

Post #276384 Tue Sep 21 2010 3:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Mine is the other way round iirc, ie if the analogue says 70mph, the cruise display will say 68mph.

Not that I use it much anymore, it's a pain in the backside. Give me a 'normal' cruise control anyday. Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #276385 Tue Sep 21 2010 3:27pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Mines the same as MikeS and it's bloody nuisance cos you don't know if you are over the speed limit or not depending on which is accurate.

Naturally LR refused to accept there was any problem cos the diagnostics says all is ok!

IMHO the ACC is pants anyway. It gets confused when changing lanes and lorries frighten it into slamming on the anchors unnecessarily. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #276387 Tue Sep 21 2010 3:48pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

I've had no issues with the MY10 adaptive cruise so it looks like they have resolved it. Sorry if that doesn't help much! WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #276391 Tue Sep 21 2010 7:16pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

exactly the same as OP - just having to live with it.

Post #276395 Tue Sep 21 2010 9:17pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Didnt I read somewhere a while back a thread by Paulo Amore about getting something like this sorted out on his Supercharged??

Thought i did

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic17540.html Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #276402 Tue Sep 21 2010 10:29pm
p-trax

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey

Thanks guys, that's great.
LR are trying to say this is unique and there is no info they can find.
They also said recalibration is not poss as both read from the same abs sensor, but I am used to them saying anything to avoid having to apologize for their ignorance.

If one person has had is fixed, they have no excuse Smile Stornaway Grey/Ebony TDV8 HST, September 3rd Smile

Post #276465 Wed Sep 22 2010 5:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Mine does exactly the same set 72km/h and the analog dial says 70km/h and the TomTom GPS says 68km/h.
Now that was on the standard 275/45 R20 tyres, when I have my 19" off road wheels on with 255/55 R19 MT/R tyres if I set 72km/h on the cruise I get 70km/h on the analog and 70km/h on the TomTom!
I enquired about it when I got the car 3 years ago and they told me it was for product liability reasons that the cruise was set lower than the actual speed so that you would always be within the speed limit and there would be no comeback on LR. I did enquire about it both at my original dealer Macrae & Dick in Inverness and at Landrover Hasselt in Belgium and they both said the same thing. I se how it works and I adjust it to suit how I want my real road speed, the best bit of the ACC for me is the forward alert for foggy conditions stops me running into the back of that Massey Ferguson without the lights on the country roads Thumbs Up Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #276482 Wed Sep 22 2010 10:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

And when you change to a car that doesn't have it, even as an option, you certainly miss it................. and the other car is a 3.6 TDV8 FFRR Vogue! The new 4.4TDV8 has it as an option IIRC. I agree with Alicatt, forward alert works brilliantly in foggy weather - pity the whole system shuts down at the first flakes of snow on the sensor though and you don't have the option to be able to revert to a non Adaptive mode when that happens. I drove the length of the UK one day last winter - the motorways in England were totally clear of snow because they were well gritted but falling snow caked on the sensor stopped the whole system which was a pain on a long drive when cruise is really useful 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #276511 Thu Sep 23 2010 9:33am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Tim

totally agree, why LR couldn't have made an option to run cruise control in non-adaptive mode beats me!

Perhaps you could route the exhaust from the auxilliary heater across the front of the box to keep it clear of snow Smile

Post #276552 Thu Sep 23 2010 8:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1