RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Courtesy Cars
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Courtesy Cars

Got a call today to book my RRS MY10 in as part of the quality assurance program.
Asked them to get a top hose in stock as LRA advised it should be changed as it rubbbed on a plastic moulding and partly worn through, replaced under warranty obviously.

My question - Is it usual to pay for a courtesy car these days as i have never done so before (BMW & Audi), not a huge amount, but all the same just thought i would check. MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #267261 Thu May 27 2010 7:56pm
V8 andy

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Arctic Frost

i took mine in monday for services & front suspension fault doing & they gave me a freelander for 2 days,did not have to pay but their was a notice on the dash to replce fuel i used or their would be £10 to pay.
i just wish it was full then i could have drained it off & it would have been worth payin the £10 Laughing Laughing Gone,,TDV8 arctic frost,black leather,colour coded handles,rear entertainment,sunroof.
1980 Rolls Royce,shadow 2 in white.
Gone 07/57 TDV8 santorino,black leather.chrome handle's/mirror's.
Gone 02/52 FFRR vogue.

Post #267262 Thu May 27 2010 8:12pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

My local dealer wanted to charge me for a courtesy car to do the recall work, although they offered to pick up and return the car free of charge so I did that.

On my previous 2 BMWs I always had to pay for a courtesy car but the Alfa dealer never charges. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #267269 Thu May 27 2010 9:30pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

No charge from my local last week. Gave me a Jag, but in the past I've had Freelanders. Don't get charged by Porsche either & they normally give me a choice of car Boxster, cayman, Cayenne or 911 HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #267270 Thu May 27 2010 9:48pm
Worzel

United Kingdom 

You lot seem really lucky , if i want a courtesy car i need to give at least 3 - 4 weeks notice..

Post #267282 Thu May 27 2010 11:30pm
JC1

Booked today and first available slot June 14, will probably cancel tomorrow as im not prepared to pay for courtesy car. I will try my more local dealer......im quite sure they dont charge for courtesy car Confused MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Last edited by JC1 on Thu May 27 2010 11:45pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #267284 Thu May 27 2010 11:35pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

i can never understand why people get riled about getting a non like for like courtesy car, i rather like trying other cars especially if they are interesting. last one i got was a chrysler 300c touring in place of the rrs, and it made me chuckle all the way home!! as long as a dealer is offering a car if your own is in for longer than a day why does it matter what one gets? i usually say that i will get my own insurance transferred over, which dosnt cost anything , although i have binned brokers who try and charge an admin fee to swap for a day!
saying all that i would take my business elsewhere if a dealer actually tried to charge me for the use of a car, especially if they had two hundred odd sitting in the forecourt doing nothing!!

cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #267285 Thu May 27 2010 11:39pm
JC1

Im not really riled about what car i will get as i dont even know what car i will get yet, its being charged for it i have the issue with Confused MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #267287 Thu May 27 2010 11:49pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

sorry, jc1, i wasnt getting at you! Thumbs Up , there have been similar posts before and lots of people complain about not getting like for like, if a dealer has say 8 customers a day requiring a car, that is a lot of expensive metal that is off the market!
cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #267295 Fri May 28 2010 6:35am
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

JC1 wrote:
Booked today and first available slot June 14, will probably cancel tomorrow as im not prepared to pay for courtesy car. I will try my more local dealer......im quite sure they dont charge for courtesy car Confused

Where in Berks are you? I use Guy Salmon in Ascot. Not always been a great fan of their's but recently they seem to have upped their game. Free courtesy car & they supply the insurance. HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #267301 Fri May 28 2010 8:17am
blue meanie

United Kingdom 

JC1 wrote:
I will try my more local dealer......im quite sure they dont charge for courtesy car Confused

if you try your really local dealer, I think they charge an admin fee if you need to use their insurance but if you put the loaner on yours it's free. wibble!

Post #267306 Fri May 28 2010 9:18am
Lookers Park Royal

Hello JC1,
James, our Land Rover Sales Manager here at Lookers Land Rover Park Royal who would usually respond is out off the office currently, but I saw this discussion and wanted to add to it.

Firstly, I totally understand your point of view in not wanting to incur extra cost just to drive a courtesy car. Our Service and Aftersales department don't charge a rental fee for the use of a courtesy vehicle. The only time a charge is made is if a customer wishes to be covered by our dealership insurance then there is a fee of £15 + VAT per day to cover the premium. If you use your own insurance and let us have a copy of the documentation confirming that you're covered fully comp on our car then there is no £15 + VAT per day insurance fee to be paid.

Please do give me a call if you have any more questions or would just like to talk this through.
Many thanks and best wishes,
Nick.

In James' absence Smile

Post #267309 Fri May 28 2010 10:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JC1

Hi Nick - Thanks for your reply i got a couple of PM's from James and its all sorted now. Thumbs Up

Again thanks for your reply Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Post #267316 Fri May 28 2010 11:42am
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Town and County used to charge for insurance if I couldn't get my own transferred for the day. BMW charge insurance for the loaners from there but I've only had to pay once as they didn't have the bits and then one of the parts was wrong so the other twice I've had the car FOC. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #267431 Sat May 29 2010 8:21pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

In my view for warranty recalls you should always get a LR vehicle. For servicing I would expect to pay a small amount for a car or get a basic car. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #267443 Sat May 29 2010 9:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1