RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > just been robbed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

terrieremery

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
just been robbed

last week while i was away working my rear brake started grinding,the light had only been on for about 2 weeks.as i was on a industrial estate i went to a independant garage and had a new set fitted,i decided against
calling landrover assist because i was short of time and had to be home and didnt want to ruin the discs.the garage showed me the pads only 1 was on the metal the others were all half worn they told me to get the dealer to check the caliper checked as it was sticking.i phoned my dealer county landrover of barnstaple and arranged to get it looked at,they phoned me to come and collect no mention of any payment.when i got there they gave me a bill for £135 ,they said there was nothing wrong with the caliper so they charged me for looking at the brakes and fitting a new wire (garage didnt have one).after complaining to manager and then a director
they reduced it to £80 this is the first thing to go wrong with this 2008rrsport.

Post #237037 Wed Sep 16 2009 11:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Shocked Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #237038 Thu Sep 17 2009 12:19am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Confused 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #237041 Thu Sep 17 2009 7:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Hmmm, I've only had dealings with one LR Dealer on Service/Maintenance. And after a bad start, we have an understanding that they explain clearly any cost involved in any work before starting. Although this was my understanding that this should be the way dealers of any marque work. Confused

From this story and many others on the forum, I'm definately getting the impression that some wear a mask and shout stand and deliver. Evil or Very Mad

They're obviously not confident in the quality of their work, if they won't explain up front high labour charges. In my line of work I charge by the hour/day and am certainly not cheap, but wouldn't dream of hiding any expected costs. Rolling Eyes

I know there are some good ones out there, but what happened to Dealers wanting repeat business, instead of a quick buck?

Post #237071 Thu Sep 17 2009 10:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1