RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > I need help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrspoland

Poland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red
I need help

I was wondering whether anyone here can help me.
I have bought my car in the US last year. When I broguht the car to Poland there was no service book with it.
Now I have a knocking suspension problem with my car and some other minor problems and land rover service do not want to fix it under guaratee unless I provide a service book with the history or services.

From carfax report I know that the car was sold and serviced by land rover annapolis. I have contacted them numerous times, but despite assuring me that they will help and that they have all the papers ready for me I never received them.

Polish dealer and importer do not want to help, because it is not in their interest, so I need to recover the service book myself.

So who should I speak to or where to write/call to get assistance on this matter? US importer? someone at the factory and HQ in the UK? whichever it is, how can I find their contacts?

please help. My name: Patryk
RRS 4.2 s/c Rimini Red

Post #236656 Mon Sep 14 2009 10:18pm
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

So...all you need are the service records for the car? Maybe able to help...will make an inquiry with a friend.

If your car is still under warranty, it shouldn't matter how many times the same item has been replaced, or are they just trying to not duplicate some of the work done already?

If it's the knocking noise, might be the famous DRS issue known to affect S/C versions. PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #236659 Mon Sep 14 2009 10:44pm
rrspoland

In Poland there are service books filled in every time the car is serviced or fixed. I guess a service record confirmed by land rover should be fine.

The car is under warranty, but they do not want to do the work under warranty, unless I show them service book/records. If I dont I need to pay for their service. It is just the way to avoid doing it for free under warranty.

It is the famous DRS issue and I think it is going expensive. My name: Patryk
RRS 4.2 s/c Rimini Red

Post #236672 Tue Sep 15 2009 7:01am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

If you don't have the physical service record with the dealer stamps in it, then obviously you won't get another one BUT there should be a record in the system of the car's service history if you can supply the VIN. This should be proof enough for your Polish dealer I'd have thought. Are the dealer in Annapolis suggesting they have the actual log book? If they do, it's obviously better to have it.... 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #236687 Tue Sep 15 2009 7:59am
gianluca

Italy 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

shmoogle wrote:
If you don't have the physical service record with the dealer stamps in it, then obviously you won't get another one BUT there should be a record in the system of the car's service history if you can supply the VIN. This should be proof enough for your Polish dealer I'd have thought. Are the dealer in Annapolis suggesting they have the actual log book? If they do, it's obviously better to have it....

I totally agree.
The VIN number gives the log of all inspections, services and reparations of the car, so I believe this is just an excuse to let you pay for what you deserve for free. My gallery: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=994

Post #236717 Tue Sep 15 2009 10:20am
rrspoland

the dealer in annapolis told me that they have the record in the system and that this is what I am going to get, but they never gave it to me, so I need help to get it if not from them then maybe from another source or Land Rover North America. My name: Patryk
RRS 4.2 s/c Rimini Red

Post #236742 Tue Sep 15 2009 12:17pm
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Your local Dealer in Poland should be able to acess the car's service history through the Land rover system using your car's VIN.
They may be acting difficult as the car is an import to Poland. I know that UK Dealers seem to be unhelpful with some warranty requests for cars imported to the UK.
I doubt this would be LR company policy though, have you tried contacting Land Rover Customer Services in the UK? Contact details at landrover.co.uk

Post #236744 Tue Sep 15 2009 12:22pm
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

rrspoland wrote:
In Poland there are service books filled in every time the car is serviced or fixed. I guess a service record confirmed by land rover should be fine.

The car is under warranty, but they do not want to do the work under warranty, unless I show them service book/records. If I dont I need to pay for their service. It is just the way to avoid doing it for free under warranty.

It is the famous DRS issue and I think it is going expensive.

Recommendation from a friend who works here at a local LR dealership. Unfortunately no one but yourself can get access to the detailed service records, but he recommends you speak directly to the General Manager of the dealership in Annapolis and indicate that you've been trying unsuccessfully now to get your detailed records. What they should send you is the history without all of the personal information of the prior owner, just have that blacked out and send you the detailed repairs made. That is standard policy, you'll just have to push for it to happen. Barring that, an escalation to LR North America is in order.

The DRS issue shouldn't cost you a dime if you are still under warranty... PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #236868 Wed Sep 16 2009 12:42am
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

No help to you, but I bought a FDRR with a lost service manual, but known history from main dealer. I purchased a replacement service book from LR and posted it with a stamped addresses envelope to the supplying dealer and asked if they would restamp all the pages. Plus they sent me the entire service/warranty history straight off the LR system. So it can be done, just need to find someone a bit more helpful. 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #236893 Wed Sep 16 2009 8:42am
rrspoland

the situation for the moment is as follows. I called LR UK -> they sent me to LR North America. -> I contacted annapolis again and LR NA -> At LR NA they did not understand why the polish dealed need the papers as there is everything in the system -> so I called polish dealer and he said that the do not have access to the system (which is BS because they knew when my warranty expire). THey told me that they will check again the procedure and they will let me know about the progress -> in the meantime annapolis answered that LR NA contacted them and they are forwarding all the information to LR NA Smile

lots of calls and lots of time spent.

now I am waiting for the call back from polish dealer and for contact from LR NA.

so still waiting......

I will try purchasing the service booklet and ask annapolis to fill it in again for me. maybe this will work. My name: Patryk
RRS 4.2 s/c Rimini Red

Post #236955 Wed Sep 16 2009 1:40pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

At least some progress being made.... shame the Polish dealer isn't a bit more helpful Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #236956 Wed Sep 16 2009 1:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1