RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > BAS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

klm

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
BAS

How do I go about selling a BAS map tool ? do they have to re map to match the car it's going on or do they all run the same map ??

Post #234473 Mon Aug 24 2009 6:17pm
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

PM Pete from BAS, he's on the forum and if he can't help you there, noone can: Wink http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/member362.html RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #234675 Wed Aug 26 2009 3:15pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

This will all depend on what your trying to do.

The map is vehicle specific, so you can either sell the tool with the vehicle or if preferred, you could put the vehicle back to standard and keep the box. You could then contact Pete and he will provide you with a new map for your new vehicle (assuming it can be re-mapped etc) but the original vehicle MUST be programmed back to standard first or this will not work and the box will be useless.

The person buying your old vehicle might be able to contact Pete for a re-map as he will already have a file for that vehicle - you/they would need to speak to Pete about this.

I dont know the costs for the above but I hope this helps.

Pete, comments please? "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #235372 Wed Sep 02 2009 1:28pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Yes japserony you are correct, thank you for posting.

KLM , can i ask why you are selling it , you have only had it a month or so !!

Is there a problem with it ?

Pete 

Last edited by bellautos on Thu Sep 03 2009 8:35pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #235540 Thu Sep 03 2009 8:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
klm

don't know if it's a problem but the moment I put it on I've seen so much smoke come from a RR sport when you plant your foot down

very embarrassed is whats wrong Embarassed it looks like a £50 Censored going down the road,,,,,, the back was black within a day Big Cry

Post #235542 Thu Sep 03 2009 8:17pm
bellautos

Have you contacted me about this problem ?

Pete 

Last edited by bellautos on Thu Sep 03 2009 8:23pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #235543 Thu Sep 03 2009 8:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
klm

is it worth my time ???? are you saying there is a fix then Question

Post #235546 Thu Sep 03 2009 8:24pm
bellautos

klm wrote:

How can you ask such an abroupt question if it would be worth your time ?
My customer support is second to none i cant see why you would post such a comment.

So im not sure what is worth your time from this post, im sure if i had paid for something id have contacted the supplier if there was a problem

pete 

Last edited by bellautos on Thu Sep 03 2009 8:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #235547 Thu Sep 03 2009 8:31pm
klm

that was my question,,, is it worth my time,,, is there a problem, wasn't being abrupt, it's just that for £500 I don't expect to have a 50 foot trail of smoke following me Laughing

Post #235548 Thu Sep 03 2009 8:38pm
bellautos

There isnt a problem execpt normaly if a customer had a problem they would contact me or the supplier and i/they would sort it out if it were possibile.

I cant understand why ive not had a email or a call from you asking if it should do this or that or stating it smokes etc which is worrying,
you seem to have taken what files you were given for the tool as final and not read the email i sent fully.

The first i know of a problem with your car/bas tool is when i read your are trying to sell the tool on the forum.

Remember all cars vary in build quality , driving style, fuel quality etc etc and do differ from eachother, and in some cases adjustments are needed.

Under normal circumstances if there was a problem we would adjust the mapping to suite your car, which there seems to be in your case.

This is the email text from you to me sending me the original file from the car.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:39 PM
Hi
Hope I've done this correct
Regards

And here is my reply.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:06 AM
Hi karl
Here are your files, you can load any first , then load the second, when you use the tool in the car you will see the file names to select from , Tuned File or Tuned ECO.

If you have any problems please dont hesitate to contact me.
Pete

Note: in the email i sent you with the files in i said dont hesitate to contact me if you have any problems.

In this case it may be best if you return the tool to me in original condition with your car returned back to standard and ill refund your money in full.

Pete 

Last edited by bellautos on Thu Sep 03 2009 10:12pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #235549 Thu Sep 03 2009 8:46pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

klm wrote:

WTF you on about KLM Question Pete's after service is probably the best you can get and his reputation on this and the other sites is second to none, but it would seem you are trying to say the black smoke is down to his map without even having spoken to him about it or an adjustment to suit your car, which IMHO seems somewhat unfair Exclamation Exclamation

If when you buy a product for as you say £500 and you think you have a problem with it, dont you go back to the supplier and ask if there is a know problem of fix prior to doing what you are doing on here Question It seems like you are slagging off a product you have not given the supplier the opportunity to fix - and thats assuming there is a problem with it Exclamation Exclamation

I am sure given the opportunity Pete will do anything and everything to resolve the problem but after reading this post I think Pete's offer to make a full refund to be MORE than fair Exclamation Exclamation "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #235558 Thu Sep 03 2009 9:47pm
jkp

Scotland 

From your original post it would seem that you were going to sell on the unit to recoup some of the outlay for your map, but reading further down that does not seem to be the case Thumbs Up

I'm sure Pete will sort you out. Need detailing or cleaning products, drop me a pm for forum discount prices.

If you dont want to clean it yourself, give me a shout for a quote on your detailing requirements. From a simple valet to machine polishing to remove bramble rash and swirl marks.

Post #235561 Thu Sep 03 2009 9:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1