RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Special Program faults...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
Special Program faults...

Hi there,

I recently joined the site hoping to gleen ideas for modifying my 2006 S/C, and not asking questions about faults.... I have found many good ideas which I will in time carry out myself Very Happy

However, back to the question:

Yesterday I noticed the following fault warnings on the display: 'HDC System Fault, system not operational' then 'Special Programs Fault, Special Progams not selectable' or something like that. And to top it off the Park Distance Control doesn't work either... Sad

My first is to check the relevant fuses (3 in total) then if not get LR to do a diagonistic check. If this turns out ok a system reset to remove the fault messages and see what happens...

If there is a fault registered well then its in the hands of LR (extended Warranty thank god!!)

So does anybody have any thoughts on what could cause these error messages, the car drives fine and if I select a Terrain Resonse Program (which I assume are the special programs...) it seems to work, or at least the displays show the program selected.

Would be grateful for any input, help suggestions on this, I'm used to Defenders and Classics... Wink

Thanks to you all in advance Exclamation

Cheers

Guy

Post #233721 Mon Aug 17 2009 10:44am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

This is a commonly reported fault but at this moment I cannot remember where the link is to the cure! Try searching for HDC or Special Programs with the search facility on the orange tool bar at the top of the page.

1st job though is to check that you haven't got a rear light blown.......................................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #233722 Mon Aug 17 2009 10:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Usually some sort of electrical gremlin, Guy... if you have the extended warranty (and it covers these sorts of affairs) then a lot easier in the long run to just drop it into the dealer.

PS: Welcome to the forum Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #233742 Mon Aug 17 2009 1:42pm
Leo

Kenya 

They sometimes do this is the battery is weak. Another possibilty is that you have a rear diff lock, and haven't had the software upgrade released some time ago.

Post #233754 Mon Aug 17 2009 2:52pm
Guyzer73

Cheers Guys, no pun intended Very Happy Off to the stealers today to see what they say.

Tim thanks for the tip found a post on HDC fault and this indicates a low battery as the source, or of course the alternator not charging it....

Leo look's like you suggestion is spot on as I only drive 5/10 minutes to and from work, not really allowing the alternator to do its stuff, only done I significant trip in 3 months...

The only odd thing I forgot to mention was that both trip computers reset to zero when the ignition is off, does this further indicate a shot battery?

Anyway let's see what the stealer says today...

Post #233806 Tue Aug 18 2009 5:17am
Tim in Scotland

Maybe you need battery conditioner.......................... solar powered by sunny Oman's climate. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #233807 Tue Aug 18 2009 6:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Guyzer73

Well got the car back at the weekend and it was indeed a dud battery. It was only charging up to about 10.9V. So battery replaced and all sorted. Got all the pads and discs replaced at the same time as I had a bit of squeal and steering wheel shake under light braking. All sorted as well. And have to say great service. Dropped car off and was driven to work and collected from work in a FFRR demo car. From the estimated RO362 I paid RO260 after discount.... which I didn't even ask for!!

Wish some of the dealers I knew in Germany would have had that type of Customer Service...

Oh well she's back in again as the 'poor emissions' warning light is on and they need to fix one of the compressor brackets, before it falls off...

Have a good day all!!!

Guy

Post #234505 Tue Aug 25 2009 6:41am
Tim in Scotland

Your next best friend will be the service manager! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234512 Tue Aug 25 2009 9:25am
Guyzer73

Tell me about it... the orange emissions light is on because the evapouration canister needs replacing.... something to do with the vapours from the fuel tank...

Any ideas anybody? What does the fuel tank have to do with emissions?

Cheers

Guy

Post #234544 Tue Aug 25 2009 2:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1