RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > My RRS had some TLC today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
My RRS had some TLC today

JKP came over on a wet morning this morning to do a "detail" on my Stornoway Grey TDv8. I haven't got any before pictures - it wasn't very dirty - 4 days worth of road grime and a host of small scratches and a few stone chips. Interior got the full clean, leather feed and all surfaces polished.

Here are the after photos

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The photos don't do the depth of the shine any justice, but I have one problem now that it is so clean....... I can see ALL the stone chips and dings.................. :blub:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #233155 Mon Aug 10 2009 7:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

JK's next challenge will be to get this back to showroom condition in December............................

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #233157 Mon Aug 10 2009 7:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

Cheers Tim Thumbs Up

Enjoyed today, just checking my camera and the befores I got were after I'd already started to clean. I get the o' Censored I should have taken pics moment and rush to get my camera Rolling Eyes Laughing I do it everytime.

The car was a real credit to yourself and how you've looked after it. all it was really needing was a machine polish to bring out the gloss and remove the minor marks on the paint.

I've put a few pics in my gallery..

Click image to enlarge

Oh by the way...my heid is like a tomato...even though the sun was not out that often I took a beating today Sad

Also enjoyed the Gregorys Girl moment, with your neighbours getting in on the act and washing their cars alongside me Laughing Thumbs Up

Looking forward to getting hands on the 90 Thumbs Up Need detailing or cleaning products, drop me a pm for forum discount prices.

If you dont want to clean it yourself, give me a shout for a quote on your detailing requirements. From a simple valet to machine polishing to remove bramble rash and swirl marks.

Post #233169 Mon Aug 10 2009 9:08pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

looks like its been time well spent Thumbs Up

stowaway Grey is great after a good polish Cool

Post #233173 Mon Aug 10 2009 9:36pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Nice Tim.... good job, jkp! Thumbs Up

As much I'm really not into keeping my cars clean, I'm always impressed by the results these guys get Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #233174 Mon Aug 10 2009 9:41pm
Tim in Scotland

John, I'm the only person on this earth that can get sunburnt on a wet day and after applying factor 50- I know your problem only too well, and afterwards it all peels and I never have a tan to show for the pain! You should have looked in the RRS cooler box as there was a tube of Factor 45 in there or in the front of the 90 as there was factor 50 in there!

The 90 will be demudded tomorrow - the bits you can see will be washed and as we had a nice dry today I will get underneath with an airlance and blow all the dry stuff out from the nooks and crannies before hosing that as well.
I now never use the pressure washer on the chassis!

I watched the neighbours washing their Nissan and the Pug. The daughter and wife were washing the cars as he was using a belt sander to sand down planks about 5ft upwind of them.................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #233184 Mon Aug 10 2009 10:01pm
ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Nice Job well done Thumbs Up What kind of money does a top job like this cost? MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #233185 Mon Aug 10 2009 10:06pm
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Nice! Thumbs Up

I'll have my car done end of August and wathcing your pictures I am sure it is worth every penny! Bow down Cool

Btw: I definitely have to get these color coded mirrors. Are this some kind of caps or did you let anybody paint the original mirrors? Thanks! Smile RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #233219 Tue Aug 11 2009 9:26am
Tim in Scotland

They are LR caps purchased from CHPR and fitted by them. LR part number for Stornoway is LR004837 each colour has a different part number, for chrome style VUB503880MM. Both types are fixed with heavy duty industrial strength glue, no drilling required but it did require an overnight stay for the car at CHPR to make sure the glue was fully cured! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #233221 Tue Aug 11 2009 9:37am
McBunny

Thanks a lot for the reply! Thumbs Up Sounds fine, however I think I couldn't live a whole night without my RRS so I will have to do that later in the year. Smile RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #233223 Tue Aug 11 2009 9:48am
Tim in Scotland

You could always do them yourself at home! Should be OK so long as you can keep the car dry overnight 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #233227 Tue Aug 11 2009 9:57am
McBunny

Okay, thanks. I'll have a look around the web. My LR stealer won't be able to deliver them but I'm sure I'll find someone, perhaps I'll first pm CHPR. Smile RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #233229 Tue Aug 11 2009 10:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1