RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Exhaust smoke-TDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Never had any problem with the DPF, not in 15000Km in the TDV6 nor in the TDV8(11 month, 12000Km). Never ever seen the "DPF full" message. '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #232829 Thu Aug 06 2009 4:22pm
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

So you don't drive too much around town, right? All people with problems I know drive very much around town which seems to cause the problem.
On the other hand the other makers have made trouble-free DPFs so perhaps LR will be able to do this, too. Otherwise we will all have to buy SCs! Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #232833 Thu Aug 06 2009 4:27pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

shmoogle wrote:
I think DPFs are going to become a legal requirement here soon too for new cars... Confused

It's a requirement of Euro5 S, also I believe Euro5 is the reason all RRS after 2010MY will have straight-out exhausts like the S/C's - the downward aimed ones were required by Euro4. All 2010MY diesels will come with DPF as standard, even in the UK. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #232847 Thu Aug 06 2009 4:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
McBunny

Great, how long will it take until politicians realize that there is much more respirable dust produced by breaking than by diesel engines and that the only efficient way to fight it is to clean the roads with water regularly?! Rolling Eyes

Well, at least the DPFs let the cars look better, I don't like the smoke coming grom the back of the cars (fascinatingly mine doesn't do this at all, also the back of my RRS is never dirty from this, the TDV6 really is a brilliant engine Cool ). Wink RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #232848 Thu Aug 06 2009 5:01pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

McBunny wrote:
Well, at least the DPFs let the cars look better, I don't like the smoke coming grom the back of the cars (fascinatingly mine doesn't do this at all, also the back of my RRS is never dirty from this, the TDV6 really is a brilliant engine Cool ). Wink
Should try following a "chipped" TDV6 now those smoke and are almost as fast as a fully laden TDV8 Whistle Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #232851 Thu Aug 06 2009 5:04pm
McBunny

I'm getting mine chipped. As for the smoke I have had my windows tinted so I won't see the difference! Thumbs Up Mr. Green RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #232852 Thu Aug 06 2009 5:05pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I can still see the smoke out of mine at full tilt even WITH the tints!!! Thumbs Up Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #232875 Thu Aug 06 2009 9:15pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Tim in Scotland wrote:

It's a requirement of Euro5 S, also I believe Euro5 is the reason all RRS after 2010MY will have straight-out exhausts like the S/C's - the downward aimed ones were required by Euro4. All 2010MY diesels will come with DPF as standard, even in the UK.

Yes Tim I heard the same the downwards pipes (RRS TDV6, previous X5) was because the amount of smoke and soot Euro4 engines were allowed to produce... With the smaller amount of soot/smoke fro Euro5 engines the manufacturer can have straight pipes!

According to the post in this thread, DPF is not standard in UK til 2011:
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic13887-180.html

Post #232878 Thu Aug 06 2009 10:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12