RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Leaving RR...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Just that Range Lover has left us after just 2 posts - I agree completely with the other thoughts being offered, but of course am not allowed to make any comment.... like the one I just made Embarassed Whistle Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #232299 Thu Jul 30 2009 3:46pm
RANGE_LOVER

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I am still here and Love you all!!
the real RANGE _LOVER Rolling with laughter

Post #232303 Thu Jul 30 2009 3:54pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Laughing Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #232309 Thu Jul 30 2009 4:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

I have to agree with the comments over wives & GF being holders of the purse strings and us poor blokes doing what we are told if we wish a quite life. Being at the receieving end recently were the choice of a new car for me (yes Angel that one) or a small matter of a new house for the boss as we are staying in Houston guess which one has taken center stage and all my time up. But my evil plan is look what you got, now I need a new pressie (we can live in hope as there are kids schools, dogs, new furniture, decorations and then me) I know my place.... now were is the beer...... Rolling Eyes Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #232324 Thu Jul 30 2009 7:22pm
TikoV

Scotland 

It's gone, out of my life...now time to get rid of the gf now!! Laughing

Anyway, the replacement is this.....

335d fully loaded, alpine white with red coral leather.

This will happily do.....

DMS remap on my return from holiday and also pick up the car too Very Happy

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Currently
2009 BMW 335d m sport coupe 'evolve'
1998 BMW M3 Evo track prepared

Due/Wishlist

MY10....once I find one

Post #232340 Thu Jul 30 2009 11:56pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Crying or Very sad 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #232343 Fri Jul 31 2009 6:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
finnie

Hi Tiko,

Its Finnie who sold you the eibach suspension for the M3.

Can you email me or PM me, would like to know more about the RRS and your opinion having ran the M3 for a while.

Funnily enough I'm just selling my black 335i with coral leather to go for something bigger and slower, now have the caterham for my speed thrills! Thinking about a Range Rover Sport TDV8

Post #232347 Fri Jul 31 2009 7:44am
BKHK

Australia 

Well Tiko, I would have hung on to the RRS.....

The BMW is a nice enough car and they are fast but its just a bit "hairdressery" for my taste (it maybe the colour I don't know)

I suppose its good that we are all different but it seems that with a bit of compromise, you and finnie could have saved each other quite a few quids Rolling with laughter

Post #232348 Fri Jul 31 2009 8:06am
TikoV

Scotland 

Hey Finnie...

Buy one, you won't regret it (RRS that is!!)

As to running costs, I was pleasantly surprised. It cost no more than the m3 in comparison.

Personally if I was to buy one, I'd wait till next year and pick up a year old MY10 mate. The changes made to it from what I hear make the RRS as sweet as now!!

Tiko Currently

Due/Wishlist

MY10....once I find one

Post #232356 Fri Jul 31 2009 8:49am
TikoV

Scotland 

BKHK wrote:
Well Tiko, I would have hung on to the RRS.....

The BMW is a nice enough car and they are fast but its just a bit "hairdressery" for my taste (it maybe the colour I don't know)

I suppose its good that we are all different but it seems that with a bit of compromise, you and finnie could have saved each other quite a few quids Rolling with laughter

Ah but you don't know as to the reason why I actually choose this particular model....You ever heard of the saying "A woman scorned?" In a round a bit way this was payback to her!!!!

As to the "hairdressery" I'm not sure...2 door roadsters tend to be no???

Bear in mind, this is temporary method of transport. Even though the GT-R idea is ditched for now...it's not forgotten. Additionally, I'll even look into LR for MY10 sometime next year and purchase another one. This time for myself!!!!! l Laughing

tiko Currently

Due/Wishlist

MY10....once I find one

Post #232357 Fri Jul 31 2009 9:00am
finnie

Thanks for that Tiko, find it hard to believe that 4.2 was same to run as the M3. I used to get 25 mpg in the M3 even more on a run, I've heard the 4.2 is lucky to get 15! Then there is the resale value, yes I can afford to run the 4.2 but how much of a hit am I going to take come selling time.

Won't hold out for 2010 model, too much for me right now. Hoping in fact that the values drop a bit after the new one comes out.

Might still plump for the X5 3.0sd or even just go for an M5 Thinking about a Range Rover Sport TDV8

Post #232399 Sat Aug 01 2009 4:17am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Finnie welcome to the forums, the first member from the Hebrides I think. A 2year old TDv8 will be much better buy than an X5 3.0ltr as a few members here will testify. I think TikoV ran 2.7 TDv6 Sport not a 4.2S/C - it stands to reason that the RRS would be a fortune cheaper to insure and fuel than an M3. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #232403 Sat Aug 01 2009 8:00am
mihakrapez

Slovenia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

ayates wrote:
I have to agree with the comments over wives & GF being holders of the purse strings and us poor blokes doing what we are told if we wish a quite life. Being at the receieving end recently were the choice of a new car for me (yes Angel that one) or a small matter of a new house for the boss as we are staying in Houston guess which one has taken center stage and all my time up. But my evil plan is look what you got, now I need a new pressie (we can live in hope as there are kids schools, dogs, new furniture, decorations and then me) I know my place.... now were is the beer...... Rolling Eyes

This is the best post ever Very Happy

Post #232404 Sat Aug 01 2009 8:10am
finnie

Thanks Tim,

actually the M3 was good on fuel. Usually got around 25 mpg and one one occasion I managed Glasgow to Isle of Lewis with 34mpg on the computer.

Yeah I am searching for a TDV8 around 2007 mark, pref Black on black but then isn't everyone. Hope to have budget around 30 ish but needs to have warranty still on. Still have to sell the 335i so no hurry yet. Planning a trip to Glasgow soon so will try and wrangle a good long test drive. Have driven a 2.7 which was ok but having spent the past few years not having my foot anywhere near the floor most of the time I found the 2.7 too slow. Though I was surprised when following my mate how hard I had to put my foot down to keep up. Anyway tried a TDV8 rangie in inverness which was much more like it. just need to try the RRS before committing.

Main issues with the RRS is that awful LCD display for the stereo, the sheer weight and the awful feel to the wheel which I know now can be changed for a smooth one.

New car is out in a month so I'm hoping the market will get flooded with TDV8 so I can scoup a bargain!!!!!! Thinking about a Range Rover Sport TDV8

Post #232430 Sat Aug 01 2009 10:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12