RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > HELP REQUIRED! Scratches on car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

garythebong

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
HELP REQUIRED! Scratches on car

My car has just been in to the dealer for a minor part replacement, it is only 4 weeks old as was in immaculate condition. They decided to wash my car for my collection, but some idiot has wash it with a brush an the car has really feint circle scratches all over the car bodywork, including bumpers and even the matt panels down both doors and the rear corner posts. Is there anything that can be done to get rid of the marks or will it need respraying, if it needs repsraying they can have the car back and I want a full refund.

Cheers Living the dream!
Santorini Black RRS HSE V6, hybrid tv, privacy glass, ebony leather with white stitching with leather door cards 20" alloys.

Post #231223 Sun Jul 19 2009 3:19pm
filaborg

England 

The car wont need to be resprayed just get it detailed, will look better than new.

Post #231231 Sun Jul 19 2009 5:08pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

It sounds like the cars has been covered in swirls and scratches if you can't feel them with your finger nail they should be able to be machine polished out, pm JKP Detail if he can't fit you in he might know somebody who can in your area

I would take this up with dealer too as it not going to be cheap due to the size if the car

Post #231235 Sun Jul 19 2009 6:26pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

your looking at about 400-500 for a car this size. They will make it look better than new if you use someone who knows what there doing Thumbs Up . WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #231318 Mon Jul 20 2009 1:32pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

JKP is detailing my TDv8 for a lot less than £500......................................... I might offer him the Defender after a weekend in the Argyll Forests - that really will be a challenge for him as the sides look like they have been sandpapered after driving though between the trees 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #231352 Mon Jul 20 2009 6:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

Give it back to them and tell them toget it fixed properly.

Give them the name of a detailer you want to use.

Demand a loan car of similar standard.

Warn them that they are getting off lightly at the moment.

If its not fixed, you want a replacement car. How dare they employ such incompetent people and use such incompetent methods on a luxury car.

I would be spitting teeth

Last edited by BKHK on Tue Jul 21 2009 2:27pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #231386 Tue Jul 21 2009 6:03am
garythebong

cheers guys for the replies. I took it back to the dealer last night and demanded the Dealer In Principles car as I wasnt be palmed off with a volvo or freelander, (no offense freelander drivers) The DP didnt really seem that bothered when I said I feel like giving the car back to them as I am that annoyed, he just treplied off the bat Ill check with my legal department to see where he stands. He said leave it with him and he would come back to me by Wednesday as he was in Birmingham today. I am so gutted as the car wasnt even 4 weeks old. Does anyone have the link for the detailing company or any in manchester area. Also what is the difference between detailing and a normal valleter, sorry to sound thick.

Cheers lads, i would be lost without this website Living the dream!
Santorini Black RRS HSE V6, hybrid tv, privacy glass, ebony leather with white stitching with leather door cards 20" alloys.

Post #231425 Tue Jul 21 2009 1:37pm
RANGE_LOVER

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Auto detailing is the performance of an extremely thorough cleaning, polishing and waxing of an automobile, both inside and out, to produce a show-quality level of detail. It can be practiced for personal satisfaction, and it is also performed to prepare a car for car shows that feature the appearance of cars. Besides improving the appearance of cars, detailing helps to preserve the car, and thus, increases resale value.

Its the bees knee's for the car. Some companies can take a brand new showroom car and show how dirty its paint is. Shocked

It does cost factors such as water quality, wash method etc etc all make a difference. Paying £10 at your local will do the quick job, nothing special but a quality detail will make your car look like Cool and make people Thud .

Hope this helps

Post #231435 Tue Jul 21 2009 3:33pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

as previously said Very Happy PM Our site sponsor JKP Detail on our sponsors page

He had a offer on the site a short time ago too

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post226722.html#226722

Post #231439 Tue Jul 21 2009 4:03pm
cdd5150

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

You need to speak top Iain at Finerdetails. www.finerdetails.co.uk
He's an authorised Swissvax detailer and did an amazing job on my black sport when I bought it second hand. I wouldn't let anyone else detail my cars now.
I had the Supaguard stripped and machine polished. Car looks amazing now
Let me know if you want any more details.

Chris

Post #231579 Wed Jul 22 2009 6:53pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

cdd5150 wrote:
You need to speak top Iain at Finerdetails. www.finerdetails.co.uk
He's an authorised Swissvax detailer and did an amazing job on my black sport when I bought it second hand. I wouldn't let anyone else detail my cars now.
I had the Supaguard stripped and machine polished. Car looks amazing now
Let me know if you want any more details.

Chris

I've seen his work and he is great at what I've seen Thumbs Up

Post #231584 Wed Jul 22 2009 7:52pm
garythebong

Many thanks cdd5150 I met Iain at the Land Rover dewalership and he is going there next Wednesday to spend a full day on it. He is a great chap and extremely confident in his work. He shown me some before and after piccies he had done, and he says it will be swirl free and look better than the day I picked it up from the showroom, fingers crossed Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thanks to everyone who replied your help is much appreciated!! Thumbs Up Living the dream!

Post #231645 Thu Jul 23 2009 1:06pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Did you contact JKP at all? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #231650 Thu Jul 23 2009 1:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cdd5150

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

garythebong wrote:
Many thanks cdd5150 I met Iain at the Land Rover dewalership and he is going there next Wednesday to spend a full day on it. He is a great chap and extremely confident in his work. He shown me some before and after piccies he had done, and he says it will be swirl free and look better than the day I picked it up from the showroom, fingers crossed Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thanks to everyone who replied your help is much appreciated!! Thumbs Up

Trust me, he's one of the most professional, conscientious people I've come across and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. From a detailing perspective, RR paint is a complete PITA. Keeping it swirl free can be a real challenge - especially in black. If you needs any tips / advice on maintaining it, give me a shout.

Post #231664 Thu Jul 23 2009 4:51pm
garythebong

Hi Martin I rang him and left a message but he never got back to me. Sorry for mentioning another detailer on the forum, I didnt want to lose JKP any work. Living the dream!

Post #231739 Fri Jul 24 2009 1:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>